October 4th, 2011
Beyonce, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• It looks like Jasmine Tookes isn’t the only top model of color covering French Revue de Modes. Ajak Deng gives us that lifeblood in her own cover shot for the issue wearing a teal Gucci Fall ’11 gown.

(Beauty is Diverse)

•We can never get enough Bey! See her channel Audrey Hepburn in the teaser for her new video, Countdown. (Necole Bitchie)

• Looking for a new pair of designer plastic shoes? Thought so. Here’s a pair of sandals from the Gareth Pugh x Melissa plastic shoes collection, available in two styles and three colorways each. Be prepared to shell out $105 for the sandals and $125 for the ballerina flats. Get yours at Colette or in NYC at Seven New York at 110 Mercer St. (Racked)

• Because they took a picture together, Chanel Iman and Kanye West are now definitely dating. At the Givenchy afterparty, LA Late reports: “West and Iman were embraced with his head on her shoulder,” which as we well know, is a clear sign of a passionate, sordid romance. (Fashionista)

The Olsen Twins‘ $39,000 alligator backpack from their line The Row is already sold out. “It was the first thing that sold off the shelf,” said Ashley Olsen. Folks: this is why we can’t get out of this economic crisis. This alligator backpack is my personal point of contention for class warfare! Recent college graduates, arise! That backpack is your entry level salary! (WWD)

~Jihan

16 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Ajak Deng Covers French Revue de Modes, Check out a Teaser of Beyonce’s Countdown Video, and The Row’s $39,000 Backpack is Sold Out”

1. Caribbelle says:

Ajak is sooo incredibly stunning to me!! I love seeing her everywhere.

When I saw the Beyonce teaser I went full fan mode and screamed “you better serve’em that Audrey inspiration!” lol.

2. KBS says:

Good for Kanye and Iman. Can’t wait for the video, it’s the best song on that wack cd. She looks uber cute with short hair and some clothes on.

3. tommykimon says:

I wouldn’t spend $39,000 on any kind of clothing. Even if I had money like that.

4. Waliyyah S. says:

Ajak is giving it on that cover. She looks great & the colors of everything is super sexy.

Still have to see the teaser of Bey’s video. It’s one of my fav songs on the cd so she better do it!

Those sandals! *Sighs* I need to see it other colors because it’s not doing anything for me.

And this whole Ye & Chanel thing is too funny. Who says someone is dating because they took a few pics together, hugged? Oh yeah the media.

I’m still irked at the price of their bags. Very bag was double digits with 3 zeros following. I can’t with the twins & those prices. They better had been made with the workers hands, feet & mouth for that much.

5. B says:

Gahhh everytime I convince myself that Bey can do no wrong, she comes out with some ridiculous a$$ video. I am familiar with the Audrey Hepburn footage that inspired it, but the video for “Countdown” looks like a Target commercial.

6. sun.kissed says:

Loves my Bey, even better with a baby bump! Can’t wait for the viddy.

7. lol that does not mean they are dating! LOL…but okay we shall see.

8. Savage says:

Bey has now done Bettie Page and now Audrey Hephburn…

9. dyshaun says:

LOVE BEYONCE!

Beyonce can never do wrong!

-www.Macheriepalace.com

11. addikted2fashion says:

the cheapness of the “tease” was just…………… *blank stare*
    im hoping the rest of the video looks MUCH better cuz so far im not impressed.
    the $39,000 backpack is just ridiculous and thats when you just have money to blow for real. I have a couple student loans they can pay off since they throwing money away like that.

12. Empress says:

I love Beyonce…I love any and everything she does!…

13. Cmoni says:

Class warfare at it’s finest…that backpack is a bit disgusting..

14. Mo says:

How is it class warfare? Your site and all the other blogs promote luxury goods. Whats the difference between a $39,000 bag or a $390 bag? The Olsens know the only thing making money in this economy is luxury goods or low price point items, nothing in the middle.

15. Jackie says:

Beyonce kind of looks like Prince in that second pic. (not meant to be taken as an insult) As for the class warfare comment, I won’t go that far. I kind of agree with @Mo, the Olsens have a strategy and that’s selling uber luxury items and JCPenney priced goods. Take it or leave it.

16. [...] Herzigova. (Beauty is Diverse) • Chanel Iman and Kanye West are not dating, as was speculated a few months ago. “Rumors are rumors. Everyone’s going to have something to say. We’re really [...]