September 29th, 2011
Celebrity Style, Week in Chic
This Week in Chic: Lala, Estelle, Angela Simmons, and more!

Stars were doing it up this past week at charity dinners, publicity blitzes, and fashion shows.

Let’s take a look at who was out and what they rocked:

While the young’ns always bring it, hats off to the grown and sexy ladies, particularly Desiree Rogers and First Lady Michelle Obama. This is how you age gracefully.
What say you, Bombshells?

37 Responses to “This Week in Chic: Lala, Estelle, Angela Simmons, and more!”

1. Alexis says:

Love LaLa’s skin, why is Rocsi wearing a nude dress under the dress… I hope it didn’t come that way!

2. LocalCeleb says:

Love La La’s look. . that was my fav out of all..

3. Cee Lo says:

LOVE angi’s risque dress!
    yes to michelle & estelle – kandi wears that dress well however i dont feel the hair and makeup do it justice

4. antiSOCIAL says:

SPIKE!!! Those boots….WHY???
    I Love Amber’s outfit!
    Tatiyana Ali looks beautiful but that dress fits weird.
    Rocsi and Angela could have done a lot better.

5. LawyerChic says:

I saw this pic of Angie Simmons on another site. I found it comical she was using her weave to cover hear headlights…all the uses of weave boy!

6. Madpet says:

Angela Bassett stood out the most, she looks georgeous!!

7. Crystal says:

i’m pretty sure rocsi is wearing the stella mccartney dress and she added that nude thing under it and it looks horrid! don’t wear a half sheer dress if you don’t have the guts to rock it correctly! amber….love! something is very off about kandi and that dress and that hair!

8. sun.kissed says:

Angela Bassett is slaying them all this week! The first lady looks great, as usual. LaLa looks good, but navy blue? How boring! I’m sick of Angela and her ‘back shots’ even if she is only showing off the back of the dress, there is a more elegant way to do it. Rocsi needs to be slapped for wearing that nude shaper under that dress, I agree with Crystal. If she didn’t have the guts to rock it properly, leave it to the pros! Already spoke on Amber’s fab look. Everyone else looks ordinary.

9. SistaKemah says:

Lala and Mrs. Obama looks the loviest I must say. Effortless

10. Stephanie says:

PLEASE HELP ME FIND ANGELA SIMMONS’ DRESS! It is to DIE for with the unique cutouts! I’d also love if you could tell me where I can get a blazer similar to Michelle Obama’s, but right now, Ms. Simmons’ freakum ensemble is a PRIORITY! ;)

11. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

I don’t like the shoes Tanya Lee (Spike’s wife) is wearing with that gown, too chunky. First Lady looks a-ma-zing, and so does Desiree Rogers! Angela Bassett= killin the game for 50+ years!

12. Dobe says:

Whoa! Angela Bassett and Estelle take the cake!
    LaLa looks nice and elegant;
    Great color on Tatyana;
    Amber’s jacket is hot, but those boots + the glasses + the chain = too much;
    :( Spike Lee looks frumpy

13. tommykimon says:

The First Lady looks amazing. I love her dress.

14. Martinique_Fr says:

I need Amber’s boots and jacket ASAP! Love her loook.
    Everyone else was alright.

15. Mrs Windy City says:

Ummmm Rocsi if you don’t have the balls to wear items correctly then don’t wear it…. smh

16. Mrs Windy City says:

@Stephanie

I believe that is a dress from her forthcoming fashion line. All of the dresses seem to have that backless look going on

Mrs. Obama looks very classy!

18. I agree with sun.kissed—MISS BASSETT, HONEY!

19. llehsal says:

Love Amber’s outfit!

20. Savage says:

Wait…The 1st lady..Who is that? I’m all about the classic white button down with a twist..Who’s behind it?

21. FashionOne says:

First Lady Michelle Obama & Angela Bassett look flawless… Hot!!

22. Cari says:

I live for Amber’s casual wardrobe and Estelle is truly giving it! First Lady is giving it as well!!

23. SxyDread says:

2 words… ANGELA BASSETT!!! Mama is KILLIN ‘em in that dress! she looks GORGEOUS as always! Rutina Wesley’s skin is absolutely gorgeous!

24. addikted2fashion says:

spike lee’s wife is all kinds of wrong for not wearing a heel that would allow the hem of her dress to reach the proper length. its like shes wearing a highwater dress.

25. Justine says:

Rocsi has no class. Whom ever the designer is, should ban her from wearing (disrespecting, obviously) the brand. With that being said, Estelle; Ms. Bassett, and the lovely actress with the black leather bust and sheer gown look stunning.

26. Pretty Brown says:

two words…..Michelle Obama!!! *salutes*

27. Diane says:

I love love LOVE Estelle’s dress… but I absolutely loath her hairstyle/colour and lipstick combo…

28. Nunyabizniz says:

Angela Bassett!!!! Please have mercy on us! She is killing every.thing.
    that’s all.
    Oh and of course my love Lala (she has a special place in my heart) and Lady Michelle O!!

29. Kishonda says:

ANGELA BASSETT PUTTING THESE YOUNG GIRLS TO SHAME!!!

30. L says:

I absolutely love Angela Simmons’ dress! Claire, could you please tell me who makes it!?

31. Roni says:

Rocsi’s look is my fav out of all looks….I wish Angela’s dress was an inch longer…but she looks gorgeous regardless!

32. Canadian says:

Omg i’m obsessed with Amber Rose shoes..2 die 4!!! Plz tell us who the designer is

33. Joanne_ says:

I love Mrs.Obama’s top, does anyone know of its deets? Angela B. Is slaying and I love it! I really do like the black dress on who I thought was Tiki but is the woman from True Blood. LoL. All in all, everyone looks great, no huge disappointments

34. Digg says:

Michelle, Salma and Amber, that is all. I love Angela Bassett but I hate that dress and I love Lala’s dress but I don’t like her shape in it.

35. Lala’s skin looks nice.
    Amber looks cute & curvy.

36. jillibooboo says:

<3 amber rose!!!! fit is right on

37. CarringtonFash says:

Yesssss Angela. No Rosci if you’re going to wear a dress like that show the skin I don’t like how obvious the nude thing underneath is.