• Word is our beloved caped divo, André Leon Talley may be leaving America’s Next Top Model.
It seems Tyra has realized her show is creating reality TV stars, as opposed to top models. Fashion PR maven Kelly Cutrone is rumored to be taking his place, as the show moves away from its “normal” editions. While I love Kelly, it will certainly be sad to ALT go! Whose words are better embellished than the inimitable Mr. Talley? I cannot accept this! (Page Six)
• Everyday there’s a different rumor as to who will take over for Galliano at Dior. Alexander Wang is the latest name being whispered, but do you think the t-shirt king would be right for the famed house known for its showstopping couture? Sometimes, I think there is a machine generating designers’ names, and every day someone tips the media off to whatever name the machine lands on. Today Alexander Wang, tomorrow Giambattista Valli. (Vogue UK)
• Remember when Jay-Z declared jerseys to be woefully out of style? These days, he seems to be okay with designing them. The hip-hop mogul is teaming up with Adidas and The Brooklyn Nets to create a new jersey (no pun intended) for the team, which he part owns. Word is Brooklyn landmarks will be prominently featured in the logo. Can’t wait to see what it’ll look like! (NYPost)
• Headed to Florence? Check out the Gucci Museo. In addition to classic Gucci pieces, the museum also features art installations by contemporary artists. Gucci president Patrizio di Marco says:“The intent is to tell our story and make it visible for everyone, doing something with and for this city.” Think you’d hit it up were you in the neighborhood? (StyleCaster)
• Ebony Fashion Fair is unloading their archives and holding an online tag sale featuring vintage pieces from designers like Christian Dior, Chloe, and Lanvin. It will be available online from September 13- October 30. Check out these fabulous vintage designer finds, collected over the past 50 years at www.lesliehindman.com. Bid away, folks!