September 26th, 2011
Lookbook
Sneak Peek: Boxing Kitten Fall/Winter 2011

The Fall/Winter 2011 outlook for Boxing Kitten includes a warmer color palette of deep yellows, red, and oranges, balanced by purple and blue:

The house sent over just a few images of what we can expect.
I already want the button down top and this chic strapless:

If the print on the dress looks familiar, you may remember Solange wore a top fashioned out of the same fabric to DJ at PS1 a few weeks ago (her actual shirt, below, is called the Oxford and is currently on sale for $159):

Get Solange’s top plus more at www.boxingkitten.com.

Also check out the Fall/Winter lookbook here:

Boxing Kitten feat. Davina from BBLB Studios on Vimeo.

What do you think?

Solange pic spied @TheFader

Posted In
28 comments

28 Responses to “Sneak Peek: Boxing Kitten Fall/Winter 2011”

1. Marie says:

Seriously we should have trademark that in Africa…smh

2. Why go Boxing Kitten??? When you can get things tailored by your seamstress and many of the african designers across the globe for pocket friendly prices…

3. jamie.k says:

Yeah, kinda seems like they r ripping off that african dress/style. why not feature more African seamstresses who are out here doing their thang?

4. Courtney says:

Love the looks regardless of the source.

5. RaySmilesAllot says:

some1 get a lawyer cuz some1 needs 2 b sued…Like Seriously these are African Prints!!!…at least give credit & tell where your “inspiration” comes from!

6. Lainea says:

And how do you know the designer is not African?

7. Jihan says:

You guys, Boxing Kitten’s aesthetic IS using African prints with rockabilly silhouettes. So personally, I’m a bit confused re: this outrage.

8. FiFi says:

@Lainea she’s not. Google her!

9. Courtney says:

There is no patent on African prints LOL

10. Courtney says:

I am sure you all rock European made and design clothing on the daily. *snickers*

Should they sue you?

11. DEBZ says:

LOVE IT!! I want that dress…the second one

theMANEtopic.com

12. Ibra says:

Can we just focus on the amazing pictures. And the photography by the talented young handsome African photog. And the beautiful modeling by Halfrican Davina. Before we get into politics.

13. loverly says:

The print on that pencil skirt looks *exactly* like the print on a midi skirt I bought from Anthropologie not too long ago…

I’m glad I only paid 30 bucks for it cuz I have a feeling I’ll be over this African print trend fairly soon.

14. BlkRose says:

Screw what everyone says. I’m getting that skirt!

15. zimgirl says:

i love this, love the print.

16. shonastyles says:

i am glad to see african print getting popular

17. [...] Sneak Peek: Boxing Kitten Fall/Winter 2011 « The Fashion Bomb … • Posted by admin • Monday, September 26th, 2011 at 9:58 pm • (0) Comment [...]

18. Utibe says:

These prints are FAB!! I am confused at this outrage though. It’s very general to say “African print.” I’m Nigerian and if you know anything about the CONTINENT, the styles and patterns are different depending on what country they are coming from. People are losing focus. The clothing is awesome, but I wish they would fit curvier figures. I’m bigger than a size 10. Lol. ♥

19. I love boxing kitten, however, that promo video was more about the model, we didn’t get to see the clothes

20. Marie says:

To clarify myself I was very excited by Boxing Kitten in the beginning because it was a good balance between european and african styles…I thought it was a good introduction of our fabrics to the rest of the world…I don’t see it anymore…as @Dark n Lovey86 said I could get any of those designs tailored for $5 back home…

21. SxyDread says:

love the prints but unless they go on a serious sale… I’ll go to my neighborhood African shop, buy the material and take it to my seamstress to have it made for WAY less.

22. Georgia says:

Well actually, wax print fabric is imported to Africa, not from Africa. It’s originally a Dutch product but is now also produced frequently in Asia.

23. Becky J says:

WOW!! I am from Kenya (East Africa) and women in the village where these materials all the time (we call them lesos)…funny stuff…guess everything really does come from Africa…never thought they would ever get THAT fabulous…lol

24. Busayo says:

Its beautiful stuff, the criticisms of designers using African print is an interesting one. It is her vision and it is perhaps true that one could travel and pick the fabrics and get the pieces made however that argument would apply to anything. One could go to fabric store and remake just about any outfit in one’s closet but we don’t.

25. Angel Y. says:

I love the strapless dress. Such amazing patterns!

26. [...] Great looks from BoxingKitten. Click on the following links to see their different collections: Summer 2011, Fall 2011, Resort 2010 , Fall 2009 & Spring 2009.  Source: Boxing Kitten & Fashion Bomb Daily [...]

27. p says:

what should blk ppl wear than european clothes hmm? for all those hating on the sister.