September 22nd, 2011
Celebrity Style, Week in Chic

This week has been chock full of charity events, exhibits, and fragrance launches.

Take a look at who wore what:

Wow, there’s so much to love! I’m a sucker for Shingai Shoniwa’s Louis Vuitton dress, though I think she could have ditched the cap. Everyone brought out their best looks for the New Yorkers for Children Gala, particularly Carmelo Anthony in his dapper suit. And Beyonce is working that Roberto Cavalli sequin dress to great effect during her pregnancy. Shine, baby, shine.

Whose look is your fave?

42 Responses to “This Week in Chic: Louis Vuitton’s Milan Art of Fashion Exhibit, The New Yorkers for Children Gala, and Beyonce’s Pulse Fragrance Launch!”

1. KBS says:

Ok Selita, stunning. I’m digging Kelis & Rhi’s more down to earth looks too.

2. Missy says:

Beyonce of course, she looks flawless

3. stef says:

I LOVE Anna Dello Russo – she is Fashion & style!
    Jihan…i’m dying to know the sequin and beaded tuxedo jacket that Beyonce is wearing?

4. Fashionbum82 says:

Kelis looks all types of fab oww and homegirl with the black wedges i need those in my liiiiiife! Carmelo is looking damn good! Everyone is on point this time around!

5. Madpet says:

Selits looks wonderful. And I actully like Serena’s hair but I think its needs to be shaped up a bit.

6. Tam says:

Beyonce
    Selita
    Ashanti

7. alexandra says:

does anybody know where those leo wedges ( ?) in the picture two pictures above beyonce are from ??

8. NENE says:

WOW Beyonce doesnt even look pregnant!! i LOVE Melanie’s casual look and love her shoes 2.

9. ladyshawann says:

Carmelo!

10. Cee Lo says:

Two of my fave girls in one post Kelis & Rih!! I’m liking their looks.
    Melanie actually looks really good here! She has my attention
    Bey kinda looks like she’s wearing her bf’s jacket as a cover up after prom/formal function..

But for real Claire can we get a “Get the look” for Melanie Fiona please!

11. Cee Lo says:

oh and Melo looks cute!

12. sun.kissed says:

Good looks all around.

13. Selita looks fab–the dress and make-up are to die for! Beyonce looks nice with her prego glow :o)

14. Gemini says:

Kelis, Selita & Melanie Fiona! Are working it! *two snaps*

I wonder what happened to Rih’s previous stylist. Hmm.

15. DunnaB says:

Beyonce looks flawless.good gracious what does she use on her likes they glow!!

16. DunnaB says:

*her legs. Whoops

17. i’m just happy to see Melanie Fiona! I met her last year and a privite meet and great lunch! She was sooooo sweet! She even came to me afterwards and said ” I haven’t conversed with you, and I haven’t introduced myself!” So humble, and we talked about fashion for about 10 minutes! She is so nice!! I wish i had on the outfit she had on that day! I love those boots.

18. JuJu says:

Everyone looks good but I just hate sequins tho

19. ShrenAKO says:

Ashanti always plays it safe. She looks cool though. I really like Rhianna’s look, and I’m not a huge fan of her styles, but she did well with this one. Selita looks great for such a thin lady. I’ve always said she need a few pounds on her, but oh well. The lady in the Aqua silk dress looks Drooooove!

20. Marthe says:

I totally love the first picture,I’ve been staring at it for minutes, even while typing this I scroll back up. Normally I wouldn’t like such a color /full print of dress but this is just fabulous! And also Kelis is looking amazing, this is a look I’d put on if I had money for it (minus the leather pants, maybe) :) The rest all looks good.

21. Nia says:

I’m loving Kelis’ hair and the altogether look!

22. tommykimon says:

I like Ashanti’s dress, Serena is much approved. Beyonce is flawless as usual.

23. Dobe says:

Everyone looks pretty good! Love Melanie’s top.

24. SxyDread says:

that damn Shingai!!!! her dress is giving me palpitations!!! I really could have done without the hat but that dress makes up for it! I’m LOVING Melanie Fiona’s shoes… someone PLEASE can we get info on those? Something always seems off about Veronica Webb’s face to me, I can never place it but she always looks off. RhiRhi looks good, loving the laid back look.

25. Miss Smith says:

Kelis looks lovely!

26. Crystal says:

i don’t see too much i like in here. i like kelis’s hair. this is the best i’ve seen serena look in a long time. ashanti looks like she’s on her way to the office and i’m so over beyonce and them dayum prom dresses!

27. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

I like Melanie Fiona’s boots!

28. Crystal says:

hello carmelo!

29. Nunyabizniz says:

Melanie Fiona looks? that’s me right there on the week ends… even in cold weather…lol
    My second fave will be Kelis, then Selita Ebanks giving me major face in that printed gown. Both ladies look fresh to death.
    Serena looks good too for a change> She should def wear long sleeves more often
    Everyone else is ok.

30. Jaida says:

Bey is absolutely glowing and I love her long braid! I loveee Melanie’s casual look with the wedges and oversized bag. Selita looks gorgeous and I love Kelis’ leopard print shoes! Yep those are my favorite looks :)

31. Tifani says:

Rihanna’s shoes are hecka fierce (whoa!), Melanie Fiona’s wedged ankle boots are dangerously-chic and Kelis looks normal! By the way Beyonce’s dress looks like a cute sparkly top #I’m done!

32. Schlap says:

Ashanti’s look is really dated to me. The big old fashioned hair. It’s all so old looking. I feel like i’ve seen that dress a dozen times.

I pretty much love everything else…Melanie, Kelis and Rihanna’s shoes. Beyonce, Veronica and Shingai’s dresses are my faves.

33. accent says:

ugh whats Bey wearing?

34. dyshaun says:

Rih, Bey, Kelis, and Selita ebanks giving the what bitch face. i die.

35. Linda says:

Bey looks GORGEOUS, love the braid and blue is amazing on her.

John and Christine looks amazing.

Serena look really nice.

Rihanna outfit is super cute.

And, you gotta love Anna Dello Russo.

36. EssDot323 says:

Serena looks great. Everyone looks great but I really love Kelis’ look.

37. Melanie says:

i love the chick in the shorts’ handbag!!!

38. Grace says:

@Gemini, I’ve been wondering the same thing?! She’s been looking avg-suspect for the past year winning over only the faithful stans…

Everyone else looks great however :-)

39. Courtney says:

Beyonce and Selita rocked it. Carmelo Anthony is really on point in his attire also.

40. [...] lot of you were feeling Melanie Fiona’s boots from This Week in Chic: Michelle @ChellBellz said, ” I love those boots.” Melanie kicked it post flight in [...]

41. The T says:

Ms. Teigen is serving up some retro Bianca Jagger. I love it! I’ve got to pull some Bianca references for this fall. Ms. Ebanks is also doing something massive with that gown. Another note to self – leather pants, leather pants, leather pants!