September 21st, 2011
Diversity, Fashion News, Kanye West
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Kanye West must really want to impress us with his collection set to debut during Paris Fashion Week, since it’s taking him forever to decide what it’ll look like. According to an insider Yeezy is “prone to changing his mind a lot — in fact the whole process was slightly excruciating as there were SO many opinions that it took forever to get anything done’.” Sounds stressful! What could the overall aesthetic of such a micromanaged collection be? “…Samurai, with lots of sporty garments, but in luxury fabrics, with embellishment, embroidery – Japanese stuff – gold chainmail, that sort of sports-luxe thang, and unsurprisingly, lots of hoods, baseball/biker jacket shapes…” Interesting. We’ll see. (Grazia)

• As suspected, there were more models of color walking during New York Fashion Week. 90% of designers who showed had at least one black model, with 80% featuring at least one Asian model. Baby steps! (The Cut)

• The apocalyptic Missoni for Target debacle claims another. One customer says the retailer charged her bank card $1,000– and then told her the order had never been placed! “I went ahead and placed my order for about $1,000 worth of merchandise…I paid and got a confirmation screen, which I printed, and then I received a confirmation email. I even checked my banking website and my card had been charged. About an hour later, I went back online to check my order. It wasn’t there. There was no order listed on my account screen.” Soul crushing indeed! (Racked)

Alice + Olivia‘s Fall campaign video depicts the best reality in which to live. (Stylelist)

• You know you’ve got it when your couture collection is organized electronically. Valerie Steele, who curated the Daphne Guinness exhibit for the Museum at FIT says the beer heiress “has a computer database on all of [her] clothes.” (Stylefile)

Giorgio Armani presents “Boudoir”, a fashion film by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott, starring models Sasha Pivovarova and Diego Fragoso in looks from the brand’s Fall 2011 collection. What do you think? (Armani)
~Jihan

10 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Kanye West is an Indecisive Fashion Designer, More Models of Color Walked at NYFW, Giorgio Armani Presents Boudoir”

1. EntertainmentsFuture says:

Its Kanye I would be alarmed if he was not indecisive.
    Happy we are making baby steps in terms of more diversity on the runway.
    As for target I dont know where the headquarters are, but I would find it and be causing TROUBLE..

2. NENE says:

Even in Europe there progressing to put more colored models in theirs shows.

3. WinnieMae says:

Am I missing something with the Missoni line at target? I’m pretty new to getting to know designers and fashion but WHAT is the big deal?! Geez Louise!! I don’t get it. Am I suppose to? I feel like this is a really stupid question but is there a reason why it’s selling so fast? What I do know is that they’re known for their intricate patterns but that’s about it. I hope I don’t sound too silly. I’m just generally curious. Please help!

4. Crystal says:

kanye apparently doesn’t have a vision if he doesn’t even know what his collection will look like. sounds like he’s just throwing some stuff together to make some money which i was hoping he would not do!
    somebody ordered 1,000 worth of that crap? oh wow….

5. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

I’m kinda glad I didn’t get to participate in the Missoni for Target collection! I would be one MAD woman if someone took $1000 and I got nothing for it. And as much as I love Kanye, I could NOT work with him. I like decisiveness. Find a point, stick it, move on. I’m too Army for all that back and forth. This collection better be niiiiiice!

6. [...] original here: The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Kanye West is an Indecisive … [...]

7. [...] from: The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Kanye West is an Indecisive … • Posted by admin • Wednesday, September 21st, 2011 at 10:44 am • (0) Comment [...]

8. They are one of the more popular shoes from the brand as they are all about fashion, flare and design. Many can attest to the fact that Adidas had carried and maintained a powerful reputation over the years in the world of sports apparel and gears.Welcome to visit:www.storeadidas.biz

9. Lulu Mzathu says:

Hope watever he has in stores for us will be worthy!

10. Micromanagement can often spell disaster, but I’m confident (for whatever reason) that whatever Kanye comes up with will impress. Talent in one sphere does not necessarily translate to talent in another, but it’s evident that he really cares about fashion and that this is no mere dalliance.