September 21st, 2011
Celebrity Style, Plus Sized, Shopping
From the Curvy Fashionista: High Waisted Pants for Plus Sizes

Thea says, “ I love the high waisted jean and pant look, but I can’t find any in my size (I’m a size 16 in pants). What stores give that style pant and jean in plus sizes?”

I actually wasn’t sure of the answer, so tapped blogging superstar, former Bombshell, and plus size fashion expert Marie Denee of The Curvy Fashionista to answer your query!

She says, “I love the high waisted look as well! Asides from the inspirations from the 70’s, for me, higher waisted jeans allow me to feel held in, pulled together, and confident about any squats or bend overs- without showing all of my business! There a few designers who pop into my mind instantly to help you achieve this look. There are quite a few brands that cater to curves above a size 14 and that deliver form, fit, and fashion!”

1.ASOS CURVE; 2. ASOS CURVE; 3. CITY CHIC (AUSTRALIAN SITE, NOT US); 4. SVOBODA; 5. PZI JEANS; 6. DOROTHY PERKINS
“These are my favorite go to specifically for this trend. These brands offer a great price, high quality, and an impeccable fit! “
Thanks for those tips!
Get even more high waisted plus sized looks here:

Hope that was helpful!
Get more fashion tips for the plus sized stylista at www.thecurvyfashionista.mariedenee.com.
Smootches!

Posted In
17 comments

17 Responses to “From the Curvy Fashionista: High Waisted Pants for Plus Sizes”

1. Tia says:

Gap has the pintuck trouser that has a high waist and wide leg…..They are currently my fav jeans!!!!

2. HAVILANDCLARKE says:

Whose idea was it to put Amber Rose as the picture for this post? *scratches head*

3. LocalCeleb says:

I have a really cute pair from The Limited.. I’ll have to look at what style name they are when I’m back home..

4. Mingas says:

Would any of these brands make ship internationally? (meaning, Africa)

5. Love these type of pants. They usually do a good job at flattering every body shape.

6. Crystal says:

for some reason i cannot get with high waisted jeans….but dress pants, yes!

7. NOMOREADSPLEASE says:

Claire, i understand ads are necessary but these full page video ads popping up two at a time? C’mon son! Still luv ya.

8. Crystal says:

try the jennifer lopez high waisted pants at kohl’s. they are HIGH waisted.

9. dyshaun says:

Amber Rose though? Plus Size?

10. shannohhh says:

I’m all for it. Didn’t care for a few months back but now I love it for some inexplicable reason.

11. Claire says:

@HavilandClark and everyone else befuddled by the Amber Rose picture…the reader in question submitted this photo as what she would like to get. We are by no means saying Amber Rose is plus sized. The reader was interested in getting a similar pant and a similar fit.
    xoxo

12. Serenity23 says:

What about high waisted skirts? I’ve been looking for one for a while.
    PS. I also agree the Macy’s full page ad that pops up is soooo annoying.

13. Hold on now, let make it clear, not ever plus sized woman should be wearing high waisted pants, just because it’s in your size dosen’t mean you should put it on. I’am a plus size who want to be repersented well by all the other plus size ladies, so check the looking glass be for you leave home, then folks won’t be looking at you funny.

14. candicurl says:

im pear shaped and PZI is my go to jean-sexy!

15. I heart 7 jeans. One great place to find jeans in your city is Platos Closet. They have many brand name jeans and low prices. I heart Vintage.

The.Absolute.Most

try new york and company…the curve, flare…it is highwaisted and I think they go that big…you would be getting a size down for jeans anyway…I love mine…

17. Savage says:

Yea The Gap has a bomb pair of high wasted jeans..And they come in long so the hit the bottom of my shoes..