September 20th, 2011
Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• We already knew it was coming, but VH1 has officially announced their plans for a docu-series featuring the inimitable June Ambrose!

The June Ambrose Project (working title) will follow the famed stylist and her crew as Ms. Ambrose does what she does best– make the stars look fabulous! I will be watching with stalkerish intensity. Will you? (Hollywood Reporter)

• You didn’t need another reason to love the positively adorable Nyasha Matonhodze, but I’m giving you one. Watch her backstage at Richard Chai (rocking the pervasive purple lip) and Y-3, goofing around with (my model obsession), Ajak Deng, and getting hyped at Peter Som. (The Cut)

• E-bay has launched its long-overdue Fashion Outlet, with designer duds at up to 65% off the original prices. Cop pieces from the likes of Nanette LeporeVivienne Tam, and more. Because clearly we needed another site on which to spend that money we originally set aside to pay our phone bill. (Ebay)

• How much would you pay for a t-shirt with a perpetual coffee stain? Starbucks thinks $85 is a fair price. To celebrate its 40th birthday, the coffee powerhouse has teamed up with a few CFDA designers to peddle t-shirts conceptualized by the likes of Alexander Wang, Sophie Theallet, and Billy Reid. Is this something you would buy? (Fashionista)

• Why must I cry? Here’s a look at the hair for the Sass & Bide show during London Fashion Week. I smell a new, particularly pungent hipster trend. (Refinery29)

~Jihan

17 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: June Ambrose’s Reality Show Confirmed, E-Bay Launches Fashion Outlet, and The Expensive Coffee-Stained T-Shirt You Didn’t Ask For”

1. The T says:

Congrats on the show. I’d watch anything fashion/style-related. Re. the tee, kind of a cool concept, but I’m probably not shelling out $85 for it. Happy 40th birthday, though.

2. KBS says:

Ditto on what The T said. I hope the show is better than Rachel’s. Thats a snoozer

3. Englishvers says:

Hmm – $85 for a tee? I think not!

4. LocalCeleb says:

I’m sure the show will be great.. I agree, no go on the $85 t-shirt!

5. Monica says:

Forget the Tee!
    I love the hair! Im pro-black all the way. Everyone know that cornrows is an african american hairstyle. Im glad to see some african influence in the high fashion industry.

6. Monica says:

*african amercian influence.

7. Miss Understood says:

I can make that shirt for anyone who wants it for $15 :)

8. Crystal says:

if it was for charity…i would buy it. i would watch june’s show but i hope that’s not the final title. there are 50 million fashion tv shows with ‘project’ in the title.

9. [...] the article here: The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: June Ambrose's Reality Show … • Posted by admin • Tuesday, September 20th, 2011 at 10:44 am • (0) Comment [...]

10. sun.kissed says:

Can’t wait for June’s show, And I surely hope they don’t keep that title seeing that’s Rachel’s title. No to the Starbucks shirt, I totally agree with Miss Understood.

11. FashionEdytorTN says:

“with stalkerish intensity.” Funny Claire. But Im feeling the exact same way. ; )

12. dyshaun says:

Will be watching!

And oh its a braid mullet mohawk style…

13. addikted2fashion says:

give me a white tee and a cup of coffee and i’ll make that shirt for anyone that wants it!

14. urban shirts says:

I like the hairstyle its look nice.

15. MsKroberts says:

Well…we buy overpriced, raggedy “distressed” jeans so why not buy an expensive, stained tshirt to go with them….??

Love June, glad she’s getting more exposure. But I refuse to watch reality tv anymore. My brain just can’t take it