September 19th, 2011
Beauty, Hot or Hmm
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Happy Monday! Hope all your weekends were fab :)

Celebs hit several events over the weekend, so let’s look at who did what…

Amber Riley hit the Emmy Awards. Loving this short side-swept ‘do and her makeup looks fab as usual. Hot!

Kerry Washington also attended the 63rd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards looking quite old Hollywood glam. Brows, cheeks, and lips are on fire! I think the lashes are a bit much for the doe-eyed actress though.

I’m feeling Taraji P. Henson as a person, but this makeup? Not so much. Too many light colors were used and I would have loved to see some black liner defining her eyes to play more of a contrast with the whites of her eyes. Maybe a darker lip color, too.

Over at the 2011 Entertainment Weekly And Women In Film Pre-Emmy Party, Garcelle Beauvais looked STUNNING in neutral eyes and a red lip. Her skin glows like the summer sun. Go ‘head, Fancy! HOT!

Also at the Entertainment Weekly party, my girl Alfre Woodard is giving sophisticated chic. Love the hair and makeup colors—they all work so well for her skin tone.

Then over at the Arise Made in Africa Designer Collective, June Ambrose struck a pose. Hair and makeup both look major, but I miss her signature red lip here. Hey, sometimes when you go red you can’t go back…lol.

And yassssss, Jennifer Hudson!!! Show ‘em how you do it! Jennifer looks downright radiant at a press conference for Weight Watchers (which, btw, I may need to hit up after a whole summer of snacking). Honey’s hair is LAYED (yes, LAYED) like Dreamgirls.

That rounds it out! Who has your favorite look this weekend?
~Danielle

28 Responses to “Weekend Beauty Hot! or Hmm…: Kerry Washington, June Ambrose, Amber Riley, and More!”

1. Lena120 says:

I really liked Kerry’s look last night. I’m usually afraid of red lips paired with a red dress but I think it looks gorgeous on her. I like Amber’s lashes and eyes, but I would have liked a darker lip color.

2. ladyshawann says:

Ambers look is so lovely

3. Courtney says:

Again…I would have to go with Kerry Washington…HANDS DOWN!!!

4. Dobe says:

Kerry looks stunning! And so does Garcelle.

5. Madpet says:

Kerry Washington, YES HONAY!!!!

6. Kahalia says:

Garcelle’s hair-NO. Look at the roots in the front. Are you kidding? Who’s saying that’s hot. Not a good look. Amber looks lovely. I love how natural June looks, her beauty really comes through.

7. fashion fun says:

Love J. Hud but I really wish they’d figure out how to give her lace fronts a more appealing look.

8. Englishvers says:

They are all fabulous looking women. I liked Kerry and June’s look best.

9. Lee says:

J Hud looked great. I don’t know what it is about Taraji, but her face is too tough for me….I don’t know what it is, but I get cross when I look at her face.

10. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

Danielle, I see you been checking out Funky Dineva on Youtube! YES GAWD HUNTY! June Ambrose FTW, I like the natural look on her much better! Kerry was slayin the carpet last night, and Amber never makes red carpet mistakes, you can tell she was well put together long before the fame!

11. Kerry looks so pretty

12. Marsha D says:

I almost didn’t recognize June! GASP!

13. sun.kissed says:

June takes it here!

14. shelly says:

I LOVE Kerry Washington here…very old Hollywood glamorous…and I think the lashes help give it that va va voom factor, lol. This has to be one of the best looks I’ve seen her in. Go Kerry!

15. Tawanda C. says:

Lovin June’s fresh faced look!

16. Pink Crystal says:

June should stick with these kind of looks. To me the signature red lip looks to harsh.

17. Nunyabizniz says:

Kerry is so gorgeous, she can do no wrong in my eyes.
    J-Hud needs to burn all those horrid lacefronts! Danielle I can’t believe you like that thing on her head… SMH
    I thought June was that girl from the TO show, she looks very different here, and must I say… better than normal!
    That’s all.

18. Kishonda says:

KERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE LOOKS AMAZING!! HANDS DOWN!

19. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

All day and everyday Kerry Washington!! She looks amazing!!

20. binks says:

Wow, I never notice how pretty June is, I mean not that she didn’t look pretty before but seeing her tone down you can see her natural beauty. Amber and Kerry looks great but I agree Kerry didn’t need the bottom lashes but she still look fab

21. fashionislife~ says:

JHUD is too fab for those played out chinese store lacefronts…SMH

22. Danielle says:

@Sticky-n-Sweet YESSSS, GAWD I watch Dineva like television! I almost DIED when he said my hair is about to be LAYED like “Hello, hello, hello” in that video I linked to…lol.

@Nunyabizniz I am DYING at “Danielle I can’t believe you like that thing on her head… SMH”. LOL Welp. It looks more natural than her usual ones to me. What’s wrong with this one? lol

23. cmbrown827 says:

Kerry and Garcelle look fab!

24. I feel a tinge of nostalgia for June Ambrose’s signature red lip, but I think she looks about 10 years younger without it. Ditching the turban helped to freshen up her look as well.

25. Tajah M.Cotton says:

KERRI and TAAJ.. look amazingg!

26. JAE says:

Have no idea who this Amber chick is (dont watch too much TV) but she looks adorable ! There’s just something about her look I love .

Kerry Washington looks soooo gorgeous ! HOT HOT HOT !

Jennifer Hudson looks better & better every time I see her ! Whatever about the lacefronts , mami looks GOOD .

Ummmm Fancy gets a big NO for the weave . Alfre Woodard always looks the same , but I do agree the hair/makeup color scheme is great for her tone . IDK this June chick either so I cant really comment on her look .

That is all !

27. JAE says:

Naw thats not all… I forgot about Taraji . But maybe cause I dont really feel the look but I love her to death !

28. Demmy says:

Kerry and Amber look hot!