September 19th, 2011
Awards, Celebrity Style, Fashion, Hot or Hmm
Hot! or Hmm…: The 63rd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards!

Hey all! Vuitton here with a quick look at the red carpet of the 63rd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards. A bevy of stars graced the awards ceremony dressed to the nines while some didn’t glisten as they should have for such an auspicious occasion. Without further ado, here are the nominees for hots and nots.
20110919-055025.jpg
First up is Kerry Washington

The actress looked unfathomably hot in a strapless red Zuhair Murad Couture gown. My jaw dropped to the floor when I saw how amazing she looked. In spite of the red lips and clutch, the overall look wasn’t an overkill of the color in my eyes. Definitely one of my favorites of the night. SIZZLING!

Rashida Jones twirled on the carpet…

Rashida went for a softer look this go ’round with this strapless pink Alberta Ferretti gown. Cinched at the waist with ruched detailing about the bust, the star chose the right dress for the occasion. Coordinated with her skin tone effortlessly. Hot! I loved the makeup, but I would have preferred a nude, glossy lip as opposed to the deep red shade.

Jurnee Smollett was in attendance as well…

Placing aside the trends of reds and all things shimmery, Smollet opted for a plum deep V halter gown with a thigh grazing slit. Just the right amount of risk was taken with this scintilating choice, and her figure looks great in it. Hot! By the way, can we all ogle like little kids in a candy store over her sparkly peep toe ankle strap platforms? SICK-O-NING!

Taraji P. Henson struck a pose on the carpet…

I wish this Blumarine dress coincided with her acting abilities, as this was definitely not the right decision. Hmm… I’m not a fan of dresses with spaghetti straps at red carpet events as they often tend to give off a negligee effect. The shimmery details did not sing to me and the overall fit of the dress was…well…ill-fitting. She has become hit or miss with me lately. Hopefully, she gets back on board soon.

LL Cool J represented for the guys at the awards…

As per usual, LL Cool J never wows me on a red carpet. For starters, he should really think about losing the Kangol driver’s cap and embrace the bald. I did, however, appreciate the risk involved in wearing a white bowtie. Though I wasn’t sold, the efforts and attempt were indeed valiant ones. And the trousers? Hmm…I hated the way they bunched up at the ankles. If a tailor had taken to them, LL could have been saved.

And as for the Glee girls, Amber Riley represented for the hit TV show…

Brilliantly leaving jewelry to a minimum, Amber wore a mauve colored gown with jeweled details on the shoulders and ruched detailing about the bust and bodice. One word. YES! She looked stunning, and the dress fit her perfectly. The bob and makeup…superb! *awaits Danielle’s beauty commentary*

Co-star Naya Rivera made her way to the festivities as well…

Usually one to experiment with colors and prints, Naya opted for simple and chic in this black gown with interesting details about the bodice and neckline. The modest, but somehow curvehugging silhouette was a great choice for this evening’s event. The strap-like details about the bodice were unusual, but eyecatching in the best way possible. Hot look in my opinion.

And last, but not least is co-star Lea Michele

Star of the primtime phenomenon that is Glee, Lea chose a dress that she thought what have matched the show’s outstanding viewership. However, in this red cowl back Marchesa number with rosette shoulder details, she fell flat. A ton of people may laud her for this, but I wasn’t on board when I saw it. Yes, it is interesting, but hmm…I honestly expected more especially since she’s become somewhat of a red carpet darling. It seemed like a last minute decision. And even for Marchesa, I thought the dress was too simple for a brand known for its opulence.

And there you have it. Kerry Washington stole my heart completely this week. Who did it for you?

~Vuitton

31 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: The 63rd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards!”

1. Crystal says:

everyone looks stunning. come on james, i need you to grow a little bit of facial hair.

2. Marsha D says:

I swear……Kerry nails it everytime! *clapping* for her stylist!

3. Savage says:

Every one looks amazing except Taraji (looks like she bought it off the rack), Rasheeda (beautiful girl but not feeling the hair or dark makeup), and agreed, LL needs to loose that damn cap. And Miss Amber kiiled it!

4. MP says:

Jurnee and Amber looked great. Honorable mention for Rashida and Naya not looking off as per usual.

5. Martinique_Fr says:

I totally agree with Savage… I like everyone’s look here except for Ms. Taraji. Her dress is ill-fitted, and I don’t like the hairstyle with that dress. Her fashion has been a bit off lately.

6. Mads says:

Kerry was perfection personified! Taraji needs to sack her stylist.

7. DivaFabulosa says:

Rashida looks uncomfortable for some reason, like she doesn’t feel beautiful. Kerry looks fab as always, never seen her have a bad day. Everyone else minus LL looks great as well.

8. Miss Smith says:

I’m in love with Kerry’s style! I think Amber looks great too! Vuitton, I agree with you on Lea’s dress. It actually reminds me of a red Alexander McQueen number that Cameron Diaz wore on a red carpet a few years ago. Lea’s is underwhelming.

9. Love the color of Smollet’s dress. I can see myself rocking something like that. If only I had somewhere fancy to go!

10. Tiara says:

I think Jurnee Smollet looked the most elegant.

11. Everyone looks fab! Love Kerry Washington’s dress!

12. Courtney says:

Kerry kills the game EVERY time…HOTT!!!

13. ladyshawann says:

kw

14. @velvetpout says:

Keri’s gown is giving me life, its absolutely stunning and fits her perfectly. Love how she kept her hair simple with the nude makeup and fire engine lip. Her pose is stricking and confident. I wish more brown girls would wear red, you have no idea how it makes people stop in their tracks.

Taraji’s dress looks like something one of my Barbie’s used to wear smh, fire your stylist ASAP Doll.

15. exfatchic says:

KERRY IS HOT!!! Like Lucifer HOT … my god whowever, her stylist is needs to be glorified!!!

16. bougiehippie says:

Kerry Washington looked amazing and I hate Zuhair Murad. Wow girl!

17. Madpet says:

Kerry is the only one that stands out, I love the red from head to toe.

18. Jemet says:

Kerry girl YAAAASS! Mariel Haenn and Rob Zangardi did an excellent job!! Those two are really somethin’ else :)

19. Dannielle says:

Journee looks great! Rashida’s smile looks like the Joker

20. Grace says:

Everyone looks stunning, particularly Kerry and Jurnee. What a breath of fresh air…

21. Tifani says:

Kerry Washington and Jurnee Smollet looked fabulous!!!!!

22. sun.kissed says:

Kerry and Naya are doing it for me. Everyone else is a snooze fest, especially Ms. Jones. What does she do anyway?

23. Nikki K. says:

Kerry Washington >

24. Alyssa says:

@sunkissed Rashida is an actress. She stars in a hit NBC show, Parks and Rec.

25. binks says:

Jurnee and Amber and Kerry killed it

26. amber says:

LOVE AMBER… bomb.com in my tamar voice

27. chi chi says:

Ovation for Kerry, too good. Amber Riley nailed it too, she’s the best dressed plus-sized lady these days. Taraji….*sighs*, i have no words, what’s happening to her lately? her make-up is always chalky-looking making her look older than her age, horrible dresses, and morose faces…and i’m a huge fan, darn!

28. The T says:

Ms. Washington’s dress looks like candy! The fit is perfect, the color is brilliant with her skintone, and everything just seems to WERK for this look. I love how Journee Smollet always looks so age-appropriate. The plum’s classy and the details and shoes, esp., serve up some sassy. Taraji P. Henson’s look is somewhat bare. I think that the variagated fabrication is gorgeous, but I would have liked to see it on more dress or one that was far more interesting and shapely. It reminds me of a shawl. Both Naya and Lea seemed to go for more structured and mature looks. Sort of makes me remember that they aren’t actually high school-aged. LOL I think a “softer” hairstyle on Rashida Jones, would have done the trick with the red lip. Very bold up top and gentile from the neckline down. Overall, good-looking people!

29. Jazzmen says:

wooooo kerry baby! that dress is giving me too much life. she completely slaughtered this look. HOT is an understatement.

30. [...] certainly the night's most daring. But can it compete with Kate Winslet's gorgeous gown? “Friday Night Lights” star Kyle Chandler was stunned when he beat out his fellow nominees for th… from the table and handed it to her hubby to carry. Margulies' cream dress fit right in with [...]

31. giiiirl says:

Kerry, Naya and Amber were all wins for me. I don’t agree with you about Lea. She looked amazing.