• We’re in the home stretch of Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week. Here’s what’s going on at the tents today:
Norma Kamali 9-11AM, Rochambeau, 9:30-10:30, Michael Kors, 10AM, Nanette Lepore 11AM (streaming), Ports 1961 12PM, J.Mendel 1PM (streaming), Nomia 1:30-2:30PM, Chado Ralph Rucci 2PM (streaming), Milly by Michelle Smith 3PM (streaming), Shamask 5PM, Anna Sui 6PM (streaming), Juan Carlos Obando 6:20-7:30PM, Elie Tahari 7PM (streaming), B Michael America 8PM.
• Ladies, W Magazine Creative Director Edward Enninful is not feelin’ your leather leggings. When asked which trends he would like to die in an interview with The Cut, he said: “We’ve got to retire the leather leggings. I don’t find them flattering. Personally, for me, a woman in leather leggings is not my kind of woman. They’ve been around forever, and there’s been so many different incantations of them. I just think we need a little break.” (The Cut)
• The first portrait painted of Anna Wintour will hang in the National Portrait Gallery in London, put on display just in time for London Fashion Week. Painted by Alex Katz in 2009, it’s a testament to the lady who has certainly changed the face of fashion publishing. Still, I think the artist could have given the inmitiable Ms. Wintour a more intense look in the eye. (AMA)
• Essence Editor-in- Chief Constance White was honored last night at Emerge! with a Fashion Innovator award. The editrix was beaming as she was presented with the award by designer Tracy Reese. I chatted with the show’s producer, Tai Chunn who was only too happy to be part of honoring White: “When I first came into fashion as a little boy Constance and a few others welcomed me with open arms and showed me the ropes, so it is my duty to give back to them.”
• On the possibility of replacing Galliano at Dior, Marc Jacobs said: “It would be an honor… there’s no question that the two great couture houses in Paris are Chanel and Dior…. I think it would be a very hard thing to turn down.” Well, duh. But what everyone really wants to know is if you’re actually going to take the position? Is this beating around the bush driving you as nuts as it is me? (Racked)
All images on www.the-fashion-bomb.com and www.fashionbombdaily.com are readily available on the internet and believe to be in public domain. Images posted are believed to be published according to the U.S Copyright Fair Use Act(title 17, U.S. Code.). Copyright ® 2006-2015 The Fashion Bomb LLC. ® 2006-2015 All text herein is property of the author and may not be copied or reproduced without explicit permission.