September 14th, 2011
Beyonce, Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm
Hot! or Hmm…: Beyonce at Rodarte Spring 2012

Mamma Beyonce has surfaced at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, exuding radiance in well formed fits. Yesterday she was spied taking in a host of shows including Theyskens Theory (which I attended–didn’t see her:*( ), Vera Wang, J.Crew, and Rodarte Spring 2012.

She deftly concealed her baby bump in a leather molded Vera Wang number outfitted with a frothy tulle lined balloon skirt. She completed her look with strappy sandals.

Like it, love it?

She later changed into a glittery golden number:

Which look do you prefer?

Posted In
48 comments

48 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Beyonce at Rodarte Spring 2012”

1. Caprece says:

I love the leather/tulle dress. It looks youthful and fashion forward. The other looks more matronly.

2. KBS says:

Ugh. B is too short and curvy for that. She looks like a beautiful oompa loompa. Solange on the other hand is killing it! pretty please with sugar on top give me the 411 on those shoes!

3. llehsal says:

I like neither. Solange looks great though :)

4. Tiffani K says:

The second dress is very ill fitting or poorly designed or maybe both. The color is good for her though. I’m on the fence on with first dress. She is glowing and looks beautiful!

5. EntertainmentsFuture says:

The first One…

6. Mona L says:

Love love love loveeeeeeeeee the first dress the second dress looks nice but facially she looks tired I mean she is preggo they probably wore her out with all the pics and questions :(

7. @velvetpout says:

First look is to die for. Go Mamma Carter!

8. Marsha D says:

Love me some Bey but she looks “stuffed-in” for that first number…second one is not flattering either. Solange….gurl…love her style…

9. classCie says:

Love the first look…especially the shoes! Not a fan of the 2nd number but hey…
    Solange looks great too.

10. candicurl says:

The 1st couple of months are hard being pregnant, she should just drop off until its really out like the last trimester.its very hard to look like your old self,and you’ll look crazy trying!

11. Latina says:

The Rodarte is sick. I love it. I wish they would have done something else with her hair. Her hair looks great, but for the dress, not so much. I would like to have seen it pulled back in a ponytail, away from the top of the dress so I could get the full effect of it. The second dress makes her look very matronly. Definitely not one of my favorite Bey looks.

12. Gina says:

Can anyone tell me where I can find Solange’s shirt, pants and shoes? I love the entire look!

13. libby says:

Hum..she should take a look at Jessica Abla and her maternity clothes..
    The second look is better than the first ( 1st is awful), but it is really ill fitting around the bust..
    Hum on both

14. I’m looking at her hair, I’m wondering if it’s a wig of hers. I love it! I want it!

15. Crystal says:

i agree with libby. although jessica alba is much further along…she knows how to wear maternity clothes. i do not like the first look at (but the shoes are bangin). i do like the second dress but it’s too big and it’s kind of plain.

16. Savage says:

Not a fan of either. And B doesn’t look too happy either. The 1st is a def no.

17. JuJu says:

I didn’t even recognize her in the first picture, meh to her outfits. Let’s talk about Solange love that pink top! It would be fierce at work!

18. k says:

I think the first dress is cute until it you hit the lower half of the dress. It sort of looks like she’s wearing a diaper on the bottom. But the shoes and the top portion look good. The second look is kind of bland.

19. Chris Styles says:

Never been a fan of Beyonce’s style (now musically and performance wise she can’t be touched). She looks hmm. The dress looks costumey and is ill fitting and the shoes look weird. Solange look. Fashionable though, imo

20. MP says:

I definitely prefer the first look. It’s more fashion forward than usual for Beyonce. This pregnancy could be elevating her style, minus that second dress of course.

21. Ashley says:

Solange is KILLIN’ IT!! Sorry Bey, neither look really fits or suites you.

22. Tasha says:

I agree with Chris Styles…I have never really been a fan of her choice of dress either, some misses and some hits. And she is making me nervous with those heels (as well as others in her camp, looking at the 3rd photo.

23. sun.kissed says:

Loves the first look! She looks good and the shoes are cute. The second dress isn’t flattering at all. Solo looks great!

24. missbellot says:

Solange looks better. And Bey’s makeup doesn’t look great under the flash.

25. Hate Bey’s first dress. The second is ok. And Solo is KILLIN! :)

(Really pains me to hate something Beyonce is wearing too. lol)

26. cheeky says:

@ Mikele – Oakland Girl: R u kidding me?! It’s always the surprise of the century when I LIKE something Beyonce wears. I LOVE her as an artist, she’s an excellent performer, beautiful as ever…BUT she’s country and tacky as HECK!!!

No if, and’s or but’s about it. Homegirl is country and it shows. She can’t (and has never been able) to dress!

27. Nickieluv says:

Solange! She brought that..Fabulous!

28. antiSOCIAL says:

Beyonce and Fashion just does not mix!! She always looks completely boring or like she’s trying way too hard and these two looks are an example of both -____-

29. Erin says:

Love the first look it fits her well, the bottom is so big and caters to her baby bump so well. Pretty sure the fit is Rodarte, everybody loved it.The second is just okay.

Solo looks cute.

30. Madpet says:

I wanted to like it, but I couldn’t. Great job concealing the baby bump.

31. dyshaun says:

I think its Vera Wang no?

Very nice.

32. Dobe says:

The first look is fun and creative; it works. I actually like the second look, as well. It looks nice and room, although a different belt would have been better for it.

33. Dobe says:

Oh! How could I forget to mention Solange? DO IT!

34. Niece says:

lovvvve Solange look

35. Georgia says:

Beyonce’s look…I can’t. To me she has no style, but this one literally left me speechless it’s so ridiculous-looking. But Solange–gorgeous. Her blouse is Prabal Gurung for J. Crew–long sold out, though.

36. Nelly says:

The first look almost makes me forget she’s pregnant. Then I remember again and think is that vest too constricting on her? Love the shoes though. The second is a bit too Broadway/matronly. I don’t like how the sleeves are and how it fits in the bust. Solange looks good.

37. ladyshawann says:

I like the second Shoe, baby sis looks first lady fab

38. Nunyabizniz says:

I need more info on the shoes in the firs pic PLEEASE! Balenciaga maybe?
    Neither dresses does it for me. Uber tacky. Bey makes Solange looks so much better… and I am usually not that enthusiastic about Solange’s fashion…

39. Beyonce’s first look is head to toe Vera Wang Spring 2012; right off the runway from yesterday’s show……I think she looks amazing and Solange killed it in Prabal Gurung for J.Crew.

40. tenzin says:

WHAT NECKLACE IS B WEARING??? CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE I CAN PURCHASE ONE SIMILAR TO IT. :)

41. Tash says:

@tenzin: stop playing, LOL ~ I know you know that’s the same belly/chain necklace she wears on every vacation and I am actually surprised to see she still has it on since her recent vacation. Maybe she is now using it as a belly meter detector to see how much her baby bump grows on a daily…umph, idk!!

42. Alexis says:

Normally Beyonce can do NO wrong in my eyes, but this dress is NOT flattering at ALL!! I like the color, but it’s too much going on! Love the shoes and hair…

43. WaliyyahS says:

I like the shoes in the first pic but both looks are… *shakes hand*

44. Love it love it love it! And those shoes… YES Please! The second pic she has that, “I’m preggers, tired, and my feet hurt,” face on, lol.

Get em’ Bey!