September 12th, 2011
Angela Simmons, Beauty, Hot or Hmm
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

New York Fashion Week is still in full swing (and so is my “fashion cold” grrrr *sniffle*). You know celebs aren’t missing the chance to catch the shows and be seen.

Let’s see what we have here…

I’m so in love with this pic for many reasons—gorgeous Black women of varying skin tones and ages looking FAB while attending the show of another fab Black female designer. Selita Ebanks, Angela Bassett, and Tika Sumpter are doing it at the Tracy Reese show! HOT!

I love me some Angela Simmons—girl takes a photo opp and turns it into a photo shoot. Can’t even be mad because I’m loving her vampy lip (which looks a lot like MAC’s limited edition Prince Noir lipstick out now in stores) paired with peachy cheeks and neutral eyes defined with black liner. Hair is on point, too. HOT!

Alicia Keys is giving MAJOR side profile here with her glowy, radiant makeup. I would have appreciated just a little blotting on the nose, but other than that brava, Alicia!

June Ambrose proves that the best fashion show date is your pint-sized daughter. Daughter looked too cute while mother served a healthy dose of her fave MAC Ruby Woo lips. Loves it!

If it were appropriate to type in all caps right now to show how much I’m on board with this look Iman is rocking, I totally would. In fact, I’d need a megaphone to properly express how fierce this blonde choppy bob and smoky eye/nude lip look she is WORKING. So HOT I can’t even take it. *pulls out church fan*

Selita Ebanks was also spotted outside the tents working a hot cherry red lip. Love the short ‘do and her skin looks great!

Oh la la, Corinne Bailey Rae! I’m loving everything–makeup and hair ON POINT. Needless to say, HOT!

And finally, Trina along with “Basketball Wives LA” stars Gloria and Laura Govan hit the fashion week scene. Everyone’s makeup looks nice, but I just can’t with that hair hat, Trina.

That’s all, folks! What did you think of this weekend’s looks?

25 Responses to “Weekend Beauty Hot! or Hmm…: Alicia Keys, Angela Simmons, Selita Ebanks, and More Around NYFW!”

1. Neks says:

Wow! They all look stunning! Not sure about June’s hat though

2. llehsal says:

Lovely!!! The ladies in the last pic (Trina pic) needs to take it down a notch with the concealer/highlighter….it’s a tad bit too much…on all of them.

3. ShrenAKO says:

Angela finally looks fantastic & her age. Whoever did her hair and makeup did well. Everyone else looks great. I love Trina, but her makeup never really match her skin to me. Corinne Bailey Rae is a beauty…love her!!!

4. Jai says:

Selita, Angela B. and Tika = GORGEOUS! I’m loving Angela S.’s look as well. I love Selita’s hair and Iman…. IPFJOIFJOIGJIOGJOAIGJO I LOVE IT! June is fierce (as usual) and I love that she’s with the baby girl at the show. :) I really liked Corinne’s look too. She looked so glowy and natural and I’m loving the big hair and curls! :)

5. Jai says:

6. Ashnicky says:

Angela Simmons makeup looks Fabulous!

7. Savage says:

Angela looks great, and Iman once again is perfection…I mean if she ain’t the poster girl for aging gracefully..CBR is constantly giving face, and I think I will jock that hairstyle..haven’t worn weave in years but it looks good! And those basketball wives look like the kind of queens that drag…I agree w lleshal too much concealer..heavy, heavy

8. Loni says:

Trina needs a hair stylist. Her weave always looks like weave. It can be so much more natural and less plastic and shiny! 2 thumbs down! Laura and Gloria look great. Still not a fan of Alicia Keys and she is such a tomboy not my style ever. Iman and the make up hair and white suit nailed it completely.!

9. Crystal says:

i can’t even comment on anybody but IMAN right now. i love the hair, the eye, the lip and the lapel of the blazer (lol). *passes danielle a piece of hard candy and asks for the church fan*

10. FashionOne says:

Iman is so Fierce…Flawless!

11. @velvetpout says:

LOVE Corinnne’s subdued nude look.

12. India says:

I’m totally looking up a dark lip now… I always wanted one. But now its fall, and I was originally inspired by Shiela in Love Jones.

13. Kimmoy says:

Everyone’s makeup is on point! Great post! Angela and Selita have similar makeup looks, will be giving that a try. Which liquid eyeliner do you recommend for us newbies? Oh and Corrine’s makeup is so fresh, love!

14. Brianna says:

Everyone looks gorg! My girl Angel beat angela’s face go angel!!! follow her on twitter mua_angelcherry

15. Mona L says:

Its just too much here to comment on.

Very Nice.

16. sun.kissed says:

Angela Simmons, June, Iman and Corinne all look fab X’s 10!

17. Danielle says:

@Crystal I hope that’s a caramel hard candy! lol

@Kimmoy I’m currently testing a Lava Gloss liner by Too Faced that’s sort of a hybrid between pencil and liquid. So far I like. It gives you that intense black like a liquid could but it’s in pencil form for ease of application. I don’t remember if they say it’s waterproof, but it lasted all day for me on both top and bottom waterlines.

If you want a straight up liquid liner but don’t want to spend a ton, mark makes a good one called On the Edge Hook Up Liner as does Wet N’ Wild.

18. endESQ says:

Corrine Bailey Rae is such a smoking hot babe! WOW – love that hair & make-up!

19. Iman & Corrinne look beautiful!

20. Joanne_ says:

Selita and Angela are my faves this week. Wow! I didn’t even realize that was Angela B. lookin like my crazy auntie! LoL

21. Miss Rina says:

Thank you I am tired of seeing that damn hair hat 2 # Death 2 lace front’s

22. Grace says:

I was just going to comment on how flawless and glowing everyone looked, until I saw the last pic…. Perhaps one day, I will have the courage to explore a deep/bright lip color….

23. Cheri V says:

For some reason Ms. Bailey Rae always looks like a nymph caught, perchance, by a lucky cameraman. Its almost like if you blink she’ll disappear again…

24. EssDot323 says:

I’m in love with Corrine’s hair.