/* analytics code */
• Kelly Rowland is rather stunning on the cover of Runway Magazine’s Fall 2011 issue. What do you think of the shot? (Necole Bitchie)
• Happy Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, everyone! Here’s a rundown of the shows happening today:
Nicholas K, 9AM, Porter Grey 9:30AM, BCBGMAXAZRIA 10AM, Richard Chai 11AM, Supima 1PM, Tadashi Shoji 2PM, Candela 2:30. The Fashion Bomb will be in attendance at Nicholas K and BCBG. You can check out all the shows (save for Porter Gray and Candela) on a live feed courtesy of Youtube, Maybelline New York, and Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. Check it out at www.youtube.com/liverunway (MBFW)
• It seems Kanye West will debut his womenswear collection during Paris Fashion Weekinstead of in New York. Rumor is, Yeezy has enlisted the talents of a red-hot stylist to bring the show together. Any guess who this mystery person is? (Fashionologie)
• Want free tickets to Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week? Rowenta (yes, the iron company) is giving away invites to Cynthia Rowley, Nicole Miller, and Nanette Lepore (two so you can bring a friend). Rowenta will be at a specific location in NYC to ask a trivia question about the brand. Check their Facebook page today for full details on where, when, and at what time the giveaway will be. If you don’t live in NYC, enter Rowenta’s Facebook giveaway of their Pro-Master irons designers will be using during MBFW.
• And now, further proof that many of the hottest fashion trends (doorknocker earrings, nameplate necklaces) originate in the hood. Here’s Stella Tennant doing what couldn’t be described as anything other than planking in this month’s Vogue Italia. (Fashion Gone Rogue)
• After all those glasses of free champagne during tonight’s Fashion’s Night Out festivites, you’re going to get hungry. If you’re in New York City, hop over to celebrity chef Marcus Samuelsson‘s Global Street Food Pop-Up. This pop-up street food cafe boasts delicious, affordable dishes (prices range from $5-$12!) from all around the world. My mouth is watering in anticipation. The cafe will run through Fashion Week (September 8-15) in Alice Tully Hall at Lincoln Center. Think you’ll check it out? You will see me at 6pm this evening standing with my face pressed against the window, eyes hungrily stalking Marcus Samuelsson! See you guys there! (Marcus Samuelsson)