/* analytics code */
• Here’s Chanel Iman giving us her classic hot girl next door vibe for the Elle October 2011 cover we mentioned a few days ago. Victoria’s Secret models Doutzen Kroes, Adrianna Lima, and Miranda Kerr cover different versions of the issue. What do you think? (The Hollywood Gossip)
• Noted fashion photographer Steven Meisel is in a bit of hot water over two editorials he shot for September’s W magazine and August’s Vogue Italia. Apparently the spreads in question (featuring models dolled up in one shot and more natural in the other) are nearly identical. Top model Racquel Zimmermann appears in both spreads. We’ll keep you updated on how this unfolds. WWD says if the photographer is not reprimanded in some way by W’s editor-in-chief, Stefano Tonchi, it will “demonstrate the lengths a fashion magazine editor will go to appease a photographer who holds considerable influence in the industry.” We’ll be watching to see what Tonchi’s next move will be! (WWD)
• November is fast approaching, and you know what that means. No, not delicious Thanksgiving turkey and stuffing (now I want some), but the launch of the Versace x H&M capsule collection! Here’s the first image. What do you think? Catch the collection in select H&M stores November 19. (Fashionista)
• Amongst the bevy of items available to the masses for Fashion’s Night Out, Repetto and ALR (Audrey Louise Reynolds) are offering hand painted ballet flats and pointe shoes especially for the fashion free-for-all. They will be available at the Opening Ceremony stand alone store at 35 Howard St. bet. Canal and Grand. I’ve got my eye on the neon yellow pair! Would you wear these? (The Cut)
• In an interview with Vogue UK, Lanvin Creative Director and dance enthusiast Alber Elbaz shares his proudest moment: “One day, I received an SMS from a friend in New York – she was in a taxi on the way to court to face her arsehole ex-husband, and she said to me ‘Alber, I am wearing a Lanvin dress, and I feel so protected.’ That to me was the biggest compliment I ever received. To have a 500 gram piece of silk make her feel protected – that made me very happy indeed.” (Vogue UK)
• Designer “inspired” pieces for all Americans! Shop online at Zara.com today! Enjoy free shipping to all 50 states.