September 6th, 2011
Beauty, Hot or Hmm
Weekend Beauty Hot! or Hmm…: Tika Sumpter, Ciara, Lala Vazquez, and More!
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Hope you had a Happy Labor Day!

Let’s see what some of our favorite celebs were up to this weekend…

Apparently it was also LudaDay Weekend so celebs were out celebrating it. Tika Sumpter was all in the mix for LudaDay and looked absolutely GORGEOUS while doing so. Gurrrrrrl, you did your thang, Teek! Skin, makeup, hair, body—all on point. *Wayne’s World voice* We’re not worthy!

And you know Atl-native Ciara was also down for LudaDay. I’m LOVING the blonde and brown cascading waves and her makeup looks good. Homegirl’s waist is snatched, honey. OK–that’s it. I’m off carbs.

Georgia peach Keshia Knight Pulliam hit the scene looking her usual pretty self. Love the subtle honey highlights and she’s got a great set of teeth.

Rounding out LudaDay, we have Ms. LeToya Luckett looking all “Destiny Fulfilled” and what not. She’s rocking that red lip and her signature swoop bang—hey, if it ain’t broke, why try to fix it?

Then over in NYC…

Lauryn Hill hit the Rock the Bells Stage with her little sugar dumpling making a cameo. I’m not saying anything about Lauryn’s ‘do because I’m sure we’ve all rocked a similar style at some point. Welp. Hope she sounded great at least.

OK—so this totally has nothing to do with this post. I just love me some Nas. There’s the boy that I like…*sigh*

Moving along…

Sade was not playing with her fine self at a concert she held in Las Vegas. Looking not a day older than when she did when “Smooth Operator” first hit the air waves. Go ‘head, Sade! Must be those Naija genes.

And finally Annie Ilonzeh was making a silly face while taping scenes for the Charlie Angels TV remake. I felt the need to show our girl some love since some of the promo pics I’ve seen for the show are just shading her—having her pose like miles away from her co-stars. Press on, Annie! Press on.

And that rounds it out, folks! Who had your favorite looks from this weekend?

24 Responses to “Weekend Beauty Hot! or Hmm…: Tika Sumpter, Ciara, Lala Vazquez, and More!”

1. Joanne_ says:

Idk, Keshia could’ve put on some shadow or arch those brows a lil more. Still gorgeous!
    The girl from DC fame, I love her makeup! No shade, I jus don’t wanna scroll back up from my BB lol!
    My fave is probably Nas! LoL

2. Jaida says:

I’m loving Ciara’s lighter hair and her dress was cute! Keshia looked fresh faced and Tika and LeToya looked pretty too!

3. Mona L says:

Lauryn Hill is a prime example of a man washing a female up! She is WASHED UP!

4. Crystal says:

Danielle…i WILL fight over NAS. lol. whew lawd hammercy! ok, let’s not front. sade does look old….but in a good way. she looks healthy and radiant and just all around amazing! she does not look the way she did when smooth operator first came out. i still have chills from her concert a month ago.

5. dyshaun says:

Great write up, Danielle.

Ciara looks damn good. As does Letoya and her *ahem* girls!

6. Mari says:

Keshia looks fresh faced, cute.

Love me some Nas :-)….but whats up with that lil pooch I see. Not Cute, hit the gym Nas. Smh

Really, Sade doesn’t look like she is aging well. Is she in her 60′s? Not sure of her age. Shrugs

7. Courtney says:

Ciara and Keshia rocked it!!!

8. Dobe says:

LMAO @ “press on”! It’s so true, I’ve noticed the same.

9. Dinka Don says:

Ahhhhh, Lauren done got the mommy relaxer. My mom was natural until she had me. I wonder if the same’s gonna happen to my fro when I have a kid… well, we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it

10. Tifani says:

Although Keisha looks great, there’s somethinng about her ensemble that looks incomplete to me.

11. That’s the best I’ve seen Keshia look in a long time! She doesn’t need much makeup!

And LMAO at the random Nas flick. Hilarious!

12. tj says:

Lauren-why?

You used to couldn’t tell me a THING about Lauren. I always thought I would be the last person to say she lost it. Well-she LOST it.

13. Seun says:

Lol Danielle @ Naija genes. I wanna look like Sad when im older!!!!

14. Yes Gawd – Keshia is everything for my life!

And Sade’s Sheerah-style arm bands are a gotdamn fool – but she gets a pass. Sis is 500 and still SITTING BITCHES DOWN. I live!

I won’t talk about Lauryn Hill’s rouge situation. But I WILL put some money in the collection plate.

15. smartsx says:

Hey! What watch is keisha wearing? thanks!

I love Tika’s weave!

17. solape says:

Haha Danielle. You been hanging with a lot of nigerians for you know they be called ‘naija’. lol..
    Tika has never disappointed.

18. I want super long weave like Tika’s

19. Ronnie says:

I dont get the obsession with Tika. I want to get it but I dont. She looks like a man to me. Im trying to see it really.

20. Danielle says:

Thanks, ladies!

@Crystal welp. It just may have to come to blows over Nas then…lol

@Seun and I read a lot of Nigerian fashion blogs…lol. Love me some Naija girls :)

21. mtlveevee says:

I usually like Tika…but today I think she looks just aiight. And I can see her underwear.

22. Ashley says:

It’s kind of funny reading people’s comments at times because I think in a lot of ways, ordinary people like ourselves expect celebrities to be perfect. Why can’t they just normal people? Nas is getting older and he may have a little pudge. He’s still cute nonetheless. Keisha is radiant. Who cares if she went with a more bare face? I think everyone looks great and Sade looks great for her age.

23. Grace says:

Keshia and Ciara look lovely.

Letoya looks as if she’s trapped in the 90s- I think it’s the monotonous swoop bang…

Tika’s weave is JUST.TOO.LONG.

24. mY oPINION says:

Girl, Danielle, I love me some Nas too. Appreciate the eye candy in this post :)