September 1st, 2011
Style Inspiration, What to Wear
Style Inspiration: What to Wear as a Bartender

Kristel says, “I recently got a job as a server at a bar serving young professionals. My attire must be black and sexy. I have a dress or two but I need more ideas. I can’t wear heels that are high because I’ll be on my feet for hours and going up and down stairs.”

Ah Kristel, you options are infinite and endless! With black, it’s only important to work with textures to make it interesting. Leather, feathers, embellishments, fringe, you can work any to the hilt! I’m sure shoes are your main concern–I’d think sandals might be a bit treacherous (don’t want anything falling on your toes!), so a pair of flat ankle or knee boots should do the trick:

For separates, why not pair leather effect trousers with a funky tank?

I’d steer away from crazy arm accessories (big rings, bracelets, etc), since you’ll be moving around and working with your hands so much. Just wear a pair of cute earrings and you’ll be good to go!

Get tons of all black bartender perfect options here:

What do you think?

Posted In
15 comments

15 Responses to “Style Inspiration: What to Wear as a Bartender”

1. Jessica says:

The black dress is super sexy. Love it…

2. Dinka Don says:

Not feeling the boots. If you’re gonna be a female server at night, heels are your friend. People will look the other way (sorry!)

3. Curlyc says:

Too much black and it’s still warm out! Clubs normally dont have ACs on blast so I would change the whole look.

4. Marthe says:

If someone likes the dress with leather bands, and if you maybe have a Bershka shop in your town… I’ve seen a very alike boobtube-dress with some fake leather bands on it in black in this store a few days ago. I’m from Belgium and I think Bershka doesn’t have an online shop, but maybe you could find it anyway. It costs around 20 euros. Maybe I could have helped someone with this? :)

5. IslandLuv says:

YaY!!!!!!!
    Thanks for responding/posting.
    I have a few of these pieces boots included.
    Love the dress. Too rich for my budget. Going to look for black duck tape. Lol.

6. kaliente says:

girl please don’t wear heels…
    you are going to be bartending and running around..you can be comfortable n sexy…

7. IslandLuv says:

I won’t. Thanks. I have a pair of oxfords that are black and silver. They will do. I also have some leapard flats. Hopefully theyll let me be a little bold with my shoe choices.

8. binks says:

I second that motion of not wearing heels, grew up around bartenders most of my life and none wore heels to work. I think Claire has the right idea wear something simple but sexy and comfortable to get you notice so people will tip you.

9. Mika says:

I LOVE that black dress…I want it, lol but not for $861

10. Myssdee says:

I would have blown my pockets to spend money on that first dress.
    It looks so vampish and tempting

11. dyshaun says:

I love that look! And I think you’ll be hawt! Bump walking around in heels but some flat knee boots – yes!

12. Joanne_ says:

I love both looks! Those boots look fyyyyyyeeee!

13. I love black with red lips so I love it.
    Those boots in the second pic I have from Charlotte R for 23 bucks. Same exact ones.

14. Cherokee says:

Claire I love both options, but that dress is just sic. The leather pants are classic and great look for a bartender. Also, loving the over the knee boots.