August 31st, 2011
Date Night, Style Inspiration, What to Wear
Style Inspiration: What to Wear to a Comedy Show

Tiffani says, “I am going to a few comedy shows and have no idea what to wear. Our city is hosting Kevin Hart and Katt Williams in the next few weeks. Any ideas for something that is stylish and sexy (I will be on a date)?”
Comedy shows are typically somewhat casual affairs, usually calling for no more than dark wash denim, a cute top, and heels. Keep it coy in skinny jeans and a simple off shoulder top. It’s ok to wear those stilettos–you’ll be sitting down!

If it’s hotter in your neck of the woods, swap out the long sleeve knit for something short sleeved with a draped fit:

If you want to go for a bit of a dressier look, I’d say play up your femininity in a relaxed yet sultry dress, accented by booties and a clutch:

Get the look for less here:

What do you guys think of this Style Inspiration?
Just for fun:

25 Responses to “Style Inspiration: What to Wear to a Comedy Show”

1. Coldplayer says:

Love that clutch and those studs

2. Joanne_ says:

The first look is more my style. Its sexy and fun!

3. Rosie says:

thats so funny. I’m going to a comedy show tomorrow. I’ll try the first look

4. Kate says:

Lol the second look is too dressy! And how about some common sense advice? I see black girls taking their heels off at shows all the time. If you are going to be standing a lot, best wear flat and there are plenty of glam flat shoes out there.

5. Kate says:

The second look is too dressy! And how about some common sense advice? I see black girls taking their heels off at shows all the time. If you are going to be standing a lot, best wear flat and there are plenty of glam flat shoes out there.

6. Claire says:

@Kate I’ve never been to a comedy show where people stand. I’ve never even seen a comedy show audience broadcast on TV where people stand up.
    If you read, I said, “It’s ok to wear those stilettos–you’ll be sitting down!”
    Thx, though. If you have a better suggestion, send it my way.

7. Angela says:

god i want that A. Wang sweather….. i dont really care for the top that are suppose to be similar to that sweater. also that gray dress by giovanni is simialr to the H&M dress that I had…its from the days when HM had really cute clothes aka “Vintage H&M” lol

8. missb says:

Two thumbs up for the first look.

9. sun.kissed says:

I love that gray sweater.

10. Crystal says:

love the first outfit and kevin hart’s act is HILARIOUS!

11. The second one is too dressy but I love the first one. :)

12. binks says:

The 1st one is a perfect outfit for the venue. I would save the second outfit for something a bit more fancier

13. legs says:

i love the first outfit! you put things together so well. i love this website.

14. vanessa says:

i love the first look! love the combination of gray and red(lips)

15. Jennifer says:

way to go Claire with the standing up comment. I go to about 3 comedy shows a month and not ONCE have I stood up. This is a great look and I love it. Keep up the good work

16. Derianne says:

Love the first look (jeans and sweater) the accessories and all!!! would so wear that on a date….

17. LOL @ homegirl thinking you stand up at a stand up comedy show… hehehe..

And DAMNIT why is the Alexander Wang sweater sold out?! I want.

18. i loveeeee the first gray shirt!!!

19. Carlita Carmen says:

Claire you have to stop putting these hot outfits together, only for me to find out the whole outfit costs about $1,000. The first outfit is the bee-knees. I need to know where I can get a similiar sweater for a cheaper price. Something with a similiar structure/design. I am in love<3.

20. SnapSnap says:

Im getting sick looking at the first outfit. I want it so bad :( waaahhh, we need that sweater or some lookalikes for less please ! the ones in the other box are kinda like shirts lol !

21. Claire says:

For those of you lusting after the (now sold out) Alexander Wang knit, go to page 2 of the 1st widget. There’s a Max Studio off the shoulder knit top that is short sleeved and comes in a bunch of colors. It’s $88. xx

22. esme says:

i love the asymmetrical green dress, but the first outfit is probably more appopriate for a comedy show.

23. Wallflower says:

Love both looks, even the dressier one– she did say it was a date!

Oh and, lol at the flat shoes lobbiest. They been popping up everywhere!

24. Highly enlightening….look frontward to coming back.

nolsn