August 26th, 2011
Celebrity Style, Mail Bombs

Happy Friday Bombshells!
I’m in the A, shopping it up, drinking Sweet Tea, and catching up with the fam. I had a fabulous shopping day yesterday with former Bombshell Olori Swank…and it’s only just begun. If you have shopping recs for must-sees in ATL (aside from the obvious Phipps and Lenox mall), let me know.
While my debit card cools off, let’s solve some Mail Bombs!
Reader Jeris said, “I love Adrienne’s look..”

“…Can you help me find it?”
Yep! The girls of Get Whit It found the following affordable options:

Liana says, “I love the dress Kim Kardashian wore to the airport after her wedding.”

“Can you help me find it or something similar?”

Yep! Get her laid back chic look with these options:

Faithful reader Shaq Nichole saw a picture of Malinda Williams and needed outfit deets! She says, “I wanted to know if you could help me out in finding out who her top and shoes are by?”

” I think this outfit is super cute and a great transition for early Fall, since it is fast approaching.”

Jihan found the following top and shoe options:

Paris says, “I saw a picture of Victoria Beckham at the Royal Wedding and instantly fell in love with her whole ensemble!”

“… I don’t care too much about the hat, but I really would like to find something that looks remotely like the Trapeze dress she’s sporting. It’s available from her fall line but retails for $3,610! Wayyy out of the price range for a college student. Is there any way you can help me find a look-a-like??”
It’s hard to find an exact replica of Vicky B’s dress, but you can get a similar look with any of these:

Tatiana asked, I’d like to know what’s the brand and the exact name of this dress in Kanye West’s video ‘Devil in a New Dress”

“…And where can I buy it ?

A quick search found that the vertical striped mesh dress comes from H&M:

The bodycon dress features a sheer mesh yoke & sweetheart neckline. It is currently unavailable, but we spotted this almost identical black stripe mesh dress at ShopGalaxie for $29.99 here.

Get more options here:

Lastly, Juanie says, “What color and brand is the lipstick Iman is wearing?

“Beautiful!”
According to reader Kellie, Iman is wearing Iman Cosmetics’ Perfect Lip Pencil in Espresso and Luxury Lip Shimmer in Brownie. Achieve a similar look with these:

That does it for today!
We have a ton more on tap. Stay tuned for more Wardrobe Queries and Celeb Style.
Smootches!

28 Responses to “Mail Bombs: Adrienne Bailon’s Look for Less, Kim Kardashian’s LAX Halter Maxi, and Iman’s Rich Lip Color!”

1. Crystal says:

i’m kind of over colorblocking but i like adreienne’s look. i do have a question for anybody that wants to chime in: can i take my colored denim into fall?

2. T1K says:

Nice Claire! that’s why I love the Fashion Bomb

3. sun.kissed says:

That striped dress from h&m was $4.99 at the original price, I almost got it for a friend. I’d feel like a sucker having to buy the other one, though it may be of a little better quality.

4. Mona L says:

Great Job!

5. Dom says:

Crystal, I think its doable depending upon the color. I have a pair of lemon yellow jeans that could transition if worn with dark blues or deep browns. I still would only wear into early fall though.

6. Crystal says:

thanks @Dom, i have a cobalt blue and a red pair. i’m excited to pair the red with taupes…loving that combination now.

7. iCanD says:

Claire, check out the Nordstroms rack at mall of georgia in Buford! Great buys there?

8. I love the Beckham’s. So Fly.
    Kim looks extra top heavy today but she still looks really pretty :)

9. Marsha D says:

All looks great! Luv the fashion bomb! S/N…why is Adrienne Bailon relevant? HOW and WHY is she relevant? just sayin’

10. Derin says:

Omg… The bracelets Iman is wearing are the business, loooove the whole perspex thing!!!

11. Derin says:

Claire, Could u pls find the bracelets Iman’s wearing for less.

12. Anonymously Sweet says:

CLAIRE!!! I was JUST in ATL for the Bronner Bros Hair Show and YOU MUST make sure you check out The Little Five Points. Its a strip of shops and boutiques that have AFFORDABLE cute little numbers. Report back and tell me what you think!

13. Claire says:

@Anonymously Sweet I’m from ATL, so I’m very familiar with Little Five Points. Even wrote about them on the blog back in the day:
    Looking more for diamonds in the rough, must see boutiques I might have overlooked…keep ‘em coming! xx

14. Sharde Monet says:

like I need yall to like really understand understand that Iman is like seriously BEYOND beauty…gorgeous skin, face bone structure you name it …simply flawless..I love her, esp in that photo…IF you take care of your skin and health, this is proof of how you can look in your fifties and sixties ladies..I WILL LOOK LIKE THIS ::determined:: lol

15. Mrs Windy City says:

@crystal yes you can def take the colored jeans into fall. Pair them with heavier knit sweaters, blouses with blazers (make sure they are nuetral colors) and stacked oxfords!

16. shelly says:

for the comment about who is “relevant” or not…this is a FASHION website. She may not be popular, but her outfit is fashionable, hence here being on in this post.

17. GlammourGirl says:

Claire, Last Call just got a new shipment of shoes in yesterday, so you may wanna check it out at Discover Mills. I scored a pair of Giuseppe’s for next to nothing!

18. Chuckcity says:

Thats not Kanye’s video “Devil in a New Dress”.. Thats this Ethiopian kid named Yonie. He directed his own video covering the song. Its definitely dope and i was fooled at first too.. hahaha

19. I found Victoria’s dress is also similar to this Zara one… http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/12201/en/zara-W2011/122017/511023/STUDIO%2BDRESS%2BWITH%2BCAPE. Funny because I was looking at it there yesterday… Really great quality too!

20. Deja says:

Claire , have you been to the House of Adrene Boutique? It’s on Peters Street.

21. Coldplayer says:

LOL @ a request for that played out dress from Kanye video

What you get Claire? You should do haul posts

22. Claire says:

@Glamouur Girl thanks for the tip! I might have to make that hike. Love Zanotti’s.
    @Deja No, but might have to try that on out too.
    @Coldplayer I hit up The Runway department at TJMaxx and got lots of goodies. No worries, I’ll feature them in a Style Diary v soon. xx

23. Shaq Nichole says:

Thank you so much Claire and Jihan. The shoes are HOTTT!!! Thanks Alot!!

24. Lauren says:

Claire,
    Is shopgalaxie.com a legitimate site? morpheusboutique.com also has an identical layout. ShopGalaxie isn’t on BBB.org but Morpheus is though its not certified. Just pointing it out before a fashion bomb would purchase from either of these sites.

25. Crystal says:

@ mrs. windy city…thanks!

26. seun says:

Awwww men clair thats messed up i was just in ATL this weekend lol would’ve loved to meet you and ohhhhh olori swank i love that girl….lenox mall was awesome!!!!!

27. mitsie says:

I really like Swank which is in Shops around Lenox and Ann Mashburn.

28. Hey – My husband and I really appreciate the diligent work you’ve done for this site. Actually, my daughter and I have also been creating a site covering the health benefits of exotic fruit. Your site’s theme has been a great help for our own website. Keep up the amazing content! Looking forward to seeing more pages from you! I just added your website to my bookmarks.