/* analytics code */
• Supermodel Iman might be a huge figure in fashion, but she admits she hasn’t gone to a fashion show since the 80’s: “I’ve said it but no one ever believes me. I stopped modeling in 1989 and I’ve never been to a fashion show since then. I was at the tents at Lincoln Center as an interior decorator–I did the Mercedes Lounge–and when they saw me everyone was like, ‘Come to a show!’ But I’m done… I worked with literally every designer. So when I stopped I was invited and there was no way I could do one and not do the other and if I did everybody, and I know my industry very well, they will say, ‘Oh poor her, she wants to come back.’ Come on, I know fashion people. The reason I lasted this long is because I’m not around them all the time!” So, the lady reconfirms what we already knew: she’s too cool for all of us. (Fashionista)
• Oh, Tyra. It seems the supermodel turned business powerhouse may have missed her calling as a circus performer. Here she is posing with the cast of Cirque du Soleil Zarkana after a recent show. As for the growl? Only she and ‘ol boy in the way back know the reason for it. (Wireimage)
• As a testament to the PR powerhouse she is, and how poignantly she’s changed the US Vogue brand, Forbes Magazine named Editor-in-Chief Anna Wintour #69 of the World’s Most Powerful Women. Wintour ranked higher than fashion notables Miuccia Prada (#79) and Diane Von Furstenberg (#91) (Forbes)
• UK Bombers: If you love Michelle Obama‘s effortlessly chic J.Crew looks, get excited: creative director and president Jenna Lyons says the brand is spreading its reach and will be launching an e-commerce site so Brits can have access to the classic All-American aesthetic the chain offers. Lyons also says standalone J.Crew stores may soon be popping up in the UK: “We’d love to open stores in the UK, I’m absolutely champing at the bit to do it!” Lyons told us today. “We have a trip planned soon to look at locations and hopefully we’ll be able to learn alot from the UK ecommerce launch – what the UK customer wants. We know a little already – because British customers often shop in our stores in New York and elsewhere and then have the goods shipped back to the UK – but this will definitely help.” UK readers, will you be shopping? (Vogue UK)
• Barney’s warehouse sale starts today! Get your hands on designer duds at slashed prices.
Racked reports “scenes of chaos” inside the store, which is understandable especially when these Nicholas Kirkwood x Rodarte wedges are amongst the items up for grabs. New York City Bombers, mosey on over to 255 West 17th Street to get in on the deals! (Racked)
• Speaking of sample sales, designer rental website Rent The Runway is having one from Monday, August 29th to Tuesday, August 30th. The best part? You can actually keep what you purchase! Tickets to the event are $5 through GiltCity, and are also good for a $20 credit to use at the sale! If you’re already a Rent The Runway member, email RSVP@renttherunway.com with your full name and phone number to RSVP. Check out the sale from 4-8pm at their offices at 163 Varick Street (between Charlton and Spring Street), 4th Floor.