August 22nd, 2011
Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

WWD is reporting CFDA Lifetime Achievement Award winner Marc Jacobs may add another achievement to his already illustrious career, and take over for John Galliano at Dior.

While nothing is confirmed, a source tells WWD: “a deal with Jacobs is not assured, but the American designer and Dior management are ‘excited’ about the prospect.” If Jacobs moves to Dior, someone will have to replace him at Louis Vuitton. Enter Phoebe Philo of one of Kanye West‘s favorite design houses, Céline. She is said to be in the running to fill Jacobs’ possible vacancy, but even if she gets the job, she will retain her position as Céline’s creative director. Lots of exciting news over at LVMH! (Fashionista)

• Want Alexander Wang to judge your potential Fashion’s Night Out outfit? This week’s Vogue.com Style Setter theme is what to wear to FNO. Enter to be judged by the t-shirt king and other Vogue.com editors. (Vogue.com)

Zoe Saldana covers issue 116 of Flaunt magazine. What do we think of the shot? (Beauty is Diverse)

• In collaboration with Moda Operandi, CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund winner Eddie Borgo has released an exclusive version of his iconic cone bracelet. The rose gold and pink tourmaline bracelet is available starting today through August 29th. Think you’ll get your hands on one? (Stylelist)

• If you wanted to be spared the details of this weekend’s Kardashian- Humphries wedding, as of right now you’re out of luck. Bride and bridesmaids all wore Vera Wang gowns, while Humprhries looked strapping in an Ermenegildo Zegna tux. Ever the thrifty couple, the two exchanged tastefully inexpensive Lorraine Schwartz wedding bands. For the reception, the former Ms. Kardashian sported another Wang number: “This time, the blushing bride wore an ivory mermaid gown with hand-pieced Chantilly lace appliqué on the bodice and a skirt with hand-cut organza petals intermixed with Chantilly lace motifs and organza sprig embroidery.” Sounds nice. Even nicer is the $17 million the couple made off the wedding! Peep the video, if you’re interested. (E! Online)

~Jihan

17 Responses to “Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Marc Jacobs to Dior?, Zoe Saldana Covers Flaunt, and Inside The Kardashian-Humphries Wedding”

1. T1K says:

Hmmm… I’ll have to see the whole look on Kim K, because as of now im not liking that head piece :( … and from what its seen the dress looks to me like a princess style dress, idk.. we’ll see it eventually.

2. Miss Smith says:

Marc Jacobs at Dior? Hmmm…that could be interesting. Although I can’t stand the Kardashians, I do love weddings & I hope she’s happy. I also hope that they donate some of that money to some starving children in Africa.

3. Jihan says:

@Miss Smith, don’t hold your breath.

4. T1K says:

Pimp Kris’s (mom) dress is FAB!

5. Miss Smith says:

@Jihan – LOL! One can only hope.

6. yusufswifee says:

wishing my best to kim…love her and the kardashians but will be avoiding all the coverage of the fairytale princess wedding…

7. Madpet says:

My boyfriend Mac Jacobs leaving Louis Vuitton?? I hope not!!!

8. Coldplayer says:

Marc Jacobs making moves I see. Shall be interesting.

Zoe Saldana expression in that pic is odd. I don’t see how that shot made the cut.

9. Empress says:

I give that marriage 3yrs..tops!..She was desperate to get married…Can’t wait till these Kardash ppl jump out of the spot light!…

10. shelly says:

wow…i guess im the only one excited about seeing all the wedding footage for Kim K. and Kris Humphries. I’ve been watching the family for years and all I can say is that I am happy for all of them and happy that Kim found the man of her dreams and someone that can handle all of her fame. and for the price of the wedding…She’s a (pretty) rich celebrity and he’s an NBA player…what did you guys expect, lol. And yeah, everyone looked gorgeous as well.

11. sun.kissed says:

Not feeling Zoe’s cover, loves that Diamond bracelet and I give the wedding 3 years as well. She’s desperate and he’s stupid.

No post on Vogue’s ‘slave earrings’?

13. Kahalia says:

Wait- did I see someone in the audience wearing a WHITE dress (with a giant bow)??? WHO wears white to a wedding??? smh TACKY!!!!

14. shelly says:

to the above person, it was a black and white themed wedding. and kim stated earlier that she is shy and didnt want ALL of the attention or didnt want the whole thing to be about her, so other were open to wear white—as it was part of the color scheme/theme of the wedding anyhow. and i thought kris’ (kims mother) dress was pretty. vera wang (a phenomenal designer) did the dress with the bow tastefully.

15. fashionbum82 says:

I love Marc Jacobs this is so major! I think Galliano is gonna come back with a vengence mark my words!

16. [...] months, it seemed as if Marc Jacobs was a shoo-in for the position, but after Dior halted talks with the designer in November, the fashion stock has been going back [...]

17. Dr.L says:

Ever heard of life, people???!!!!