August 19th, 2011
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm, Rihanna

Rihanna was spied at the UK launch of her Reb’l Fleur Fragrance rocking an eye-catching green feathered top and pants from Antonio Berardi’s Resort 2012 collection:

The consummate diva channeled Hollywood glamour with a half-up/half-down side swept hairstyle and white sunglasses.
While the look was modeled with tan sandals, Rihanna went with her signature flesh toned Christian Louboutin pumps.

Hmm…I definitely wouldn’t have opted for a feathered top (and this outfit is giving me a muppet feeling), but I think this look is in line with Rih Rih’s star status. She certainly knows how to make a splash!

What do you think of her look?

Source: Getty

Posted In
54 comments

54 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Rihanna in Green Feathered Antonio Berardi Resort 2012 Top and Pants”

1. missknowitall2 says:

Let the choir say….HMM……..

2. Kitty B. says:

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

3. Loni says:

She pulled it off and that doesn’t look like an easy task. HOT!!!

4. kl says:

HOT….i love it, and I love that she continues to take risks.

5. Joan says:

Interesting look. She looks a little chunkier these days. (No disrespect) I am not a fan of the look she looks like Betty White (No disrespect too Betty White & her many fans)

6. Erica B. says:

I like it. It has a touch of old Hollywood glamour. She looks like an old-fashioned movie star. I’d LOVE it if the pants were more tapered to a cigarette style. And her hair looks great.

7. Grace says:

I’m really feeling the new hair. She looks far better than the model did and is actually pulling the look off-as much as that is possible. Nonetheless, a huge hmmm. She definitely fell off, maybe she switched stylists?

8. Thandie says:

Her hair looks nice. That color looks great.

9. Tam says:

From the Big Bird 2011 Resort Collection is more like it…..Definitely a HMMMMM
    Her hair (and color) look nice though {Kanye shrug}

10. Empress says:

Reminds me of big bird…but o

11. Empress says:

It screams “glamour” to me in a big bird kind of way!…Rhi Rhi takes risks…Love that about her!

12. FiFi says:

I think the altfit wold work if she opted to wear both pieces sepertely. She looks fab as usual though, and the color looks gorgeous on her skin.

13. supa says:

although i’m not a fan of the look, it get its full effect in the second pic.

besides what you think of the outfit, i think that the length of her pants is definitely throwing the outfit off. it should be longer.

14. LawyerChic says:

I like it. Its nice to see her looking soft and glamourous for a change.

15. Ima Benjamin says:

Riri looks glamorous in that dress, she looks like a classy retro movie star… Shez been going retro lately , I love what Riri does to fashion, shez not stuck up rather she tries a new set of fashion and soon we’re all gonna go retro, I love the hair and the color of that dress. Shez gorgeoussssss. Soo HOT!!!!!! #Go Riri

16. Englishvers says:

Ah, she wears this top and trousers well. I adore this shade of green. So perfect for summer, too. Have a nice weekend;-)

17. She can do no wrong in my eyes :)

18. Savage says:

Looks good..very 70′s glam. She’s rockin it better than the model.

19. GEM says:

This is one of the few times, Rih Rih outfit pop dung. The colours look great on her, but the top makes me want to vomit. As usual, she looks Hot regardless, i think she could wear a paper bag. People would but it up

20. Madpet says:

At first glance, she got a big hmmmmm from me. But the more I look at it, I like it.

21. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

In the second pic, I love it. On the model, ugggh! They should have chosen someone with a tan to model that. Those sunglasses are the bidness hunnie! And I love my Louboutin Pigalle pumps, once you wear them in, they feel and look like heaven, so I see why she keeps returning to them.

22. wow says:

I cant believe ppl have something bad to say about this outfit smh. This is on point perfect but again we all see it in diffrent eyes

23. India says:

I love being able to vote on what I like on this blog. ITS AWESOME! And ummmm I’m not feeling the outfit…

24. Nuri says:

I’m sorry, I agree with others. She looks like a muppet…and not in a good way (Miss Piggy stay fly).

25. NAIJA ViX. says:

LOL!! y’ll got to understand that she works in the industry to she has to wear outfits that stand out! am i feeling the outfit? well 50/50

26. Alexis says:

I would like it as a dress not with those high water pants… Love the hair! It’s similar to what I have now…

27. Lula says:

hmmmmmmm

28. McKenzie says:

This look is a total hmmmmm. There is a way to old Hollywood glamor without looking like shag carpeting. Next!

29. chrissy says:

this is just tragic, but i actually think the makeup is worse. she kinda looks fug, and thats a hard task for rihanna. it added a good 10-15 yrs to her.

30. Deb says:

It should have been a dress: a short mini. The pant fabric isn’t cut well. The tailoring is the issue. It’s a fun outfit so it’s all good

31. Lefloh says:

Dressed to turn heads! That’s a fact.

32. binks says:

Hmmm….it ages her greatly. It looks like she got that frm her grandmother’s closet

33. Co says:

I like the top…and the bottom. Just not together.
    But then again, I’m no stylist.

34. wyo says:

definitely big bird. I think it looks horrible.

35. Sasha says:

Top yes. Bottoms? Not so much. But Rihanna remains gorgeous!

36. Crystal says:

that outfit is ugly but she looks really pretty

37. endESQ says:

This makes her look like she’s in the family way (that’s old school talk for pregnant). :-/

38. My Response says:

ya’ll need to stop with the lying. I hate when ppl aren’t honest. You you damn well those pants are not the bizness.

39. My Response says:

it looks better on the model

40. Linda says:

She looks super old, not just the clothes but the heavy makeup is putting years on her face. Like really, why so much makeup???

And her looks too fake, heavy, and wig-like.

Overall look is a fail imho.

41. Linda says:

^ her hair.

I do like the aqua/turquoise colors, and a tan is always nice.

42. Kishonda says:

hmmmm

43. sun.kissed says:

Hmmm. I like the concept, but the proportions are off and that hair isn’t helping the situation.

44. I think if she had the red hair, it would look much better on her. And some round toe pumps. I hate pointy toe.

45. Yes, I definitely like!

46. Chris Styles says:

It works for her (barely), but I doubt it would for anyone else. I think the shoes and the hair is what pulls it together for her. BTW has anyone ever tried the fragrance. I smelled it in Macy’s and it’s more of a wintery scent, imo. But I rarely hear ppl talking about it, and don’t know anyone who actually owns a bottle.

47. betty says:

fab ……… i luv her hair color and the style is so retro chic , well done rhianna

48. Mari says:

This is just plain ugly!!!! Those pants need to be tailor to fit properly, why is it all wrinkled up in the front in the first pic. Gross! This outfit does nothing for his killer body!

49. ChaCha says:

I think the fashion bomb should do a post about how Rihanna has generally fallen off with her fashion choices. Two years ago everything she wore was HOT, but lately.. not so much.