August 16th, 2011
Beyonce, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

King B looks like a royal diva on the cover of InStyle‘s September issue.

What do you think of her Dolce & Gabbana Fall/Winter 2011 dress? (Necole Bitchie)

• I can barely type for shaking with excitement: Canadian knitwear designer (and celeb favorite) Mark Fast is collaborating with ALDO on a shoe collection! The designer says: “This collaboration has given me the opportunity to work with new shoe technology and resources. We are having a great time working together and the Aldo team has been quite inspiring in their innovations. We have a great deal of creative synergy. It’s nice to be tied to my roots again with a Canadian enterprise! The collection is about sexy, strong, fierce African fabulousness!” At least he didn’t say “tribal.” Information on when this collection will debut has not been released yet. (Racked)

Michelle Obama will host the National Design Awards luncheon this year at the White House once again. The problem? The event is slated to happen on September 13– right in the middle of New York Fashion Week. Talk about poor timing! Women’s Wear Daily reports Gilles Mendel, last year’s winner, is changing the date of his runway show to avoid the scheduling conflict, while others like Prabal Gurung simply won’t attend. Way to have a fabulous party no one can go to, Mrs. O! (WWD)

• If you thought last week’s ruling in favor of YSL was the end of the battle between the brand and Christian Louboutin, think again. Louboutin could lose its red sole trademark now that YSL is calling for a summary judgement! Louboutin’s lawyers plan to appeal the case and fight the pending summary. Yikes! This seems to be escalating more than anyone predicted! (Fashionista)

• Here’s a preview of America’s Next Top Model All-Star season. Looks as fiasco-y as expected. (Racked)

• For those who love fashion but don’t live in a fashion center like New York, take advantage of the Gemma Redux Jewelry online sample sale! From 12PM today ’til 6PM Thursday, August 18th, get 30-80% off select jewels! Sounds like some great deals! Click here for the secret sample sale page. Check it out!

~Jihan

12 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Beyoncé Wears Dolce & Gabbana for In Style’s September 2011 Issue, More Drama in the Louboutin vs. YSL Case, And Get up to 70% Off at The Gemma Redux Sample Sale”

1. Savage says:

Luv B but I’m probably the only person who is not feeling the stars from D&G this new season..Its like Stefano or Domenico scribbled some stars on a napkin and then they went with it…And Mark Fast with Aldo?! Sounds promising..kinda bummed about the Louboutin ruling though..

2. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

Shaunie was a hot color blocked mess, not a fan of the new hair on Tami, Royce and Suzie looked okay, and who the heck cut Evelyn’s weave?!

3. LawyerChic says:

I knew CL would appeal with the quickness! They’re not going to get a trademark on the red sole as it is. They could possibly try trademarking a specific shade of red.

4. Sheba says:

Jihan, where in Canada are you from?

5. NAIJA VIX. says:

I really do not understand why YSL is pressed about having a Red sole! Why can’t they be original??? CL is original and as everyone knows a trademark. All because of this I dnt ever see myself purchasing from YSL….unless if YSL was given to me as a gift lolll

6. dyshaun says:

Ummm they werent first with the red sole?

7. [...] from: The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Beyoncé Wears Dolce & Gabbana for … « Kitesurfers leap ? Festivals reap 'Avatar' Sequel Will Push The Envelope Again [...]

8. Caribbelle says:

CL was not the first person to have a red sole, end of story. They can’t trademark a primary color for the entire footwear industry, that’s ludicrous.
    I’m surprised that CL wasn’t sued by Chanel because the initial red tone that they used was from Chanel’s nail polish.

9. Crystal says:

i can see lower brands knocking off the red sole but why would YSL do it? i do’t think CL can trademark a color because they are not the first, last or only to do a red sole but I don’t understand why YSL would go there.

10. Mona L says:

IDK how I feel about this whole CL case I think they’re going to be collectors items soon vs just a hot pair of shoes.

I think that I will actually watch ANTM for all the past drama esp with ms bianca golden lmfaooo

I’m kinda excited about the Mark Fast x Aldo although Aldo shoes are hard as hell. The designs will be interesting.

11. Tonya says:

You can tell some of you are fashion bandwagoners LOL Honey YSL has always match their sole color to the shoe color (i.e. red on red, blue on blue, pink on pink, purple on purple..shall I go on?)

LOL Personally, I am sick of Christian Louboutin everyone and their favorite hood rat friend has them! My question is, why are you really wearing the shoe? For looks, for comfort (NOT) or to show the red sole (NOT USE TO A NICE SHOE) LOL

YSL’s are classics and I will continue to purchase them whether the sole is red or not, unlike the CL consumers!

*SMH*

12. Tonya says:

You can tell folks who just learned about CL and only like them because celebs wear them! LOL

YSL’s are classics and always matched the color of the sole to the shoe (e.g. red on red, blue on blue)

Quite frankly I am sick of Christian Louboutins, everyone and their hood rats cousins have them!

I assume most are concerned about showing off a red sole so everyone will know they have a pair, roll eyes, but myself and I am sure plenty more women will continue to buy YSL’s!