August 15th, 2011
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm
Weekend Hot! or Hmm…: Nicki Minaj, Zoe Saldana, Tyra Banks and more!

Happy Monday Bombers and Bombshells!

What a weekend I had. Weddings, parties, dinners, the works…I’m truly relishing these last few weeks of summer!

And it seems a slew of our fave celebs did as well. Let’s take a look:

Our Madame Ty Ty seems to have a thing for jumpsuits, so slipped on a delightfully colorblocked number for VH1′s Do Something Awards in Hollywood. While Tyra’s yellow piped leather choice from last week elicited quite the number of hmms, I think her option here is hot! The fit is great, the colors vibrant, and her smile just makes it all come together. Work!

Kerry Washington went for old school glamour for the awards, looking regal in a Zuhair Murad Fall 2011 mini dress. The silk one shoulder screamed cocktail party, but her Jimmy Choo booties added just the perfect dash of youthful edge for the event. Hot!

Kim Kardashian also made it to the awards in a lovely light beige form fitting gown with a plunging neckline. Kim, as always, looks nice, but I’m ready for her to step out the box! Try some color, a pattern, something draped even…just something. Her looks are starting to bore me…hmm…

Our dearest Nicki Minaj hosted a Superbass party at Luxy Club in Toronto, doing what she does best: mixing varying patterns and textures to create her singular look. While I wanted Kim to turn it up, Nicki might have needed to turn it down. From the prints to the hair to the leggings…hmm…we can do better, can’t we?

Estelle and Swizz Beatz attended Billboard’s Summer Blowout Concert, with Estelle in William Rast and Swizz in a Givenchy t-shirt and Reebok sneaks. Swizz looks casual and cool, and Estelle seems to be taking more fashion risks, tying on turbans and opting for funky pants. I kinda like this look and applaud her bold confidence. Hot!

Letoya Luckett looked prim and pretty at the 9th annual hoodie awards, wearing a black belted white shift and black peep toe heels. Letoya always manages to look polished and that night was no exception. Hot!

Zoe Saldana was spied getting her shop on in an olive green jumpsuit anchored by strappy heels. Her hair is flawless, and this look is super cute for a casual day of retail therapy. Hot!
Lastly Leona Lewis emerged this weekend in a floral coat, black pencil skirt, and blush toned pumps, uplifted by a new chocolaty brown short hairstyle. Love the hair, but the outfit, hmm…perhaps a shorter skirt would seem more age appropriate.

That does it for our roundup!

Who hit and who missed for you?

Smootches!

30 Responses to “Weekend Hot! or Hmm…: Nicki Minaj, Zoe Saldana, Tyra Banks and more!”

1. Tiffany says:

I love Tyra’s color-blocking. Her ~slender body fits her, unlike others who’ve lost weight and manage to look ~off.

Kim does look good, but it’s predictable. She utilizes the same silhouettes. Eh.

2. Crystal says:

kerry looks amazing! i like the simplicity of kim’s look. it’s a quiet confidence. that dress in black would be boring, that dress in a bright color would be too much so the cream is perfect. nicki manaj is just all wrong. when lady gaga looks crazy…there seems to be a purpose to me. when nicki does it, it’s just for no damn reason.

3. Kimmoy says:

I love Tyra and Kerri Washington’s looks the best, very appropriate for the event.
    Did Leona cut her hair or is it pulled back? Can’t tell.
    Estelle is so fly! Essence did a gallery on her and she slays.
    LeToya certainly knows how to rock the fresh and natural makeup look but I’m more bored with her outfits more than Kim K.

4. jasmine says:

everyones good excluding nicki i feel like shes too old to be dressing that way- she almost 28 thats too old. im 19 and i wouldnt do it. kim k’s ehh she too overrated for me but she looks good. tyra does her. letoya is nice but not wow. i love kerry and zoe and leona is trying something new.

5. jasmine says:

oh and estelle looks good <3 her

6. Courtney says:

Kerry, Kim, and Tyra wow’d me…everyone else ~~> BLAH!!!

7. Shaq Nichole says:

Kerry – looks great as usual
    Kim – I agree with you Claire, although she looks great, she is a little boring when it comes to colors. She needs to spice it up a bit
    Zoe – loving her jumper!! Claire, oh do tell who’s jumper she is wearing???
    Thank you!!

8. Ladyshawann says:

Estelle is fab. Zoe is too

9. Cassie says:

Love Kerry and Kim-as always! Zoe looks amazing as well!

I agree that Kim’s look is getting a little boring. Her dress looks amazing but I wish she had stepped out of her “box” with the hair and especially the makeup.

10. chrissy says:

ugghhh, Nicki is DAMN NEAR 30! C’mon like really. And Kim been boring me, she looks nice tho.

11. sun.kissed says:

Kerry takes it–seems she never has an off day. I love Kim’s dress, I would have loved it more if it were red. I like Nicki’s hair and booties, but she could have left the printed leggings at home. Leona looks a HAM. the hair, the floral coat, the shoes–everything is a mess. No. I can’t say I’m feeling Tyra’s jumpsuit…something just isn’t right.

12. llehsal says:

Everyone does it for me except Nikki….no thanks

13. MissSmith says:

Kerry and Zoe look beautiful.

14. alexy says:

Tyra looks awesome and kim is so usual !

15. Tricia says:

I love Estelle’s union jack jeans!

*YAWN* @ Nicki Minaj…same shit, different day.

16. ladyluo says:

Something’s wrongs with Kim’s face otherwise her dress is gorg. I like Kerry’s look as well

17. Shakira says:

Kim K. looks elegant. Tyra looks okay…kerry washington looks very nice but i’m so through with Nicki Minaj wardrobe smh. She never had great fashion style to me.

18. DaDiva says:

Nicki, Estelle and Leona look (A) HOTT mess!!!!

19. jUICElOVE says:

oh why nick why almost 30 years old and you dress like you and willow smith share the same closet smh

20. Jordan says:

Im sorry Nicki but you need to just stop, you are trying a little too hard, everybody else in my opinion looks fab, i wish kims fress was knee length though.

21. Jordan says:

*dress

22. Ronnie says:

I was thinking the same thing about Kims looks. Always the same and with a belt.

23. Jihan says:

Did Kim have some recent surgery? face looks kinda tight…

24. Lyn says:

I am Tyra’s biggest fan, I love her with all my heart BUT … This jumpsuit is not flattering, it’s just horrible. I love colors on her, because her golden skin tone brings it out. Maybe a suit would have been more flattering or even a maxi skirt still incorporating the color blocking trend. Because of her curvy hips (which are so sexy, might I add), a flare at the bottom of her silhouette would tie it all in together.

25. Lyn says:

I think Leona’s length of her dress is great, give or take an inch. I think the coat could have been a tad shorter, and swap the blush pumps for a brighter color, probably a jewel tone.

26. fayva says:

I’m sorry all i see is Tyra in another jumpsuit…smh….and she committed shoecide…..Kim seems over dressed *boring* …… Nikki being a HAM as usual…….. I like Kerry and Zoe :)

27. Synethia says:

Love Tyra’s look.

28. Demmy says:

I think they all look great in their different ways. I don’t like Tyra’s hair style. Something a little more subtle woulda been nice since the colours from her playsuit are eye catching. I don’t like the printed leggings Nicki sported even though I love her so much but tha’ts what you have to understand about Nicki. She loves mixing crazy colours and prints and age ain’t have nothing to do with it. Nicki is young at heart. I love her for always dressing differently. Madonna is 53 and dresses crazy sometimes but all the same they all look nice<3

29. sabu says:

love Estelle’s look; i thought the patterns might b abit too much but not really, not at all actually – it works!Hot!
    xx

30. bb says:

Love Kerry Washington’s style as always (Zuhair Murad is one of my favorite designers!) . Kim has bored me for a while. Though I’m a bit frightened at the intense middle parting of her hair, I do, however, admire the golden belt emphasizing her waist perfectly. I also like Latoya’s look, though it would have looked better if the belt was tighter and a quarter-inch in its width was cut off. I would wear Zoe Saldana’s outfit any day. Tyra and Nicki Minaj just look cheap to me.