August 15th, 2011
Beauty
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Happy Monday, gorgeous ones! Hope all your weekends were fabulous. I spent most of mine traipsing around Manhattan in the pouring rain yesterday (seriously it must have been like a foot of precipitation out there) and then settled in to watch Oprah’s “Season 25 Behind the Scenes”. Ope and I are pretty much tight like freshly sewn weave tracks.

Anyway, let’s check in on what celebs did this weekend as far as hair and makeup…

The 9th Annual Ford Hoodie Awards went down this weekend and many of our fave celebs attended. Letoya Luckett hit the scene looking pretty in a neutral makeup look and wispy hair. Looking fab, Toya! Hot!

The fabulous Toccara Jones also blessed the event with her presence. Loving the gold and brown smoky eye and the soft curls. And am I the only one who watches her dating show on TV One but doesn’t really watch her new dating show on TV One?

Toya Carter Wright always gets it right in the hair and makeup department, so no surprise here that she looks fab. Such a pretty girl. Hot!

Is it just me or does Tisha Campbell look a lot like Marie Osmond here? Not that it’s a bad thing—I just did a double take is all. Not sure how I feel about the makeup though.

I CAN’T. I mean, I just—there are NO words or excuses for this, Sommore. I know what you don’t need some more of and it’s that too-light, cakey foundation, golden arches brows, and Janice from the Muppets lashes. Chile.

Marjorie Harvey looked absolutely GORGEOUS in this bronzy and peachy makeup look finished with a side pony. O-P-U-L-E-N-C-E. Opulence. You own EVERYTHING. (extra points if you know what movie that line came from)

Then over in NYC, Solange Knowles hit up a block party and you know she was on the 1s and 2s doing her thang. Loving the coral lips on her—though I would have loved to see a little something on her eyes—maybe a little more mascara or liner or both.

And finally in “she get it from her mama” news, Zoe Kravitz and Lisa Bonet attended the “Conan the Barbarian” premiere looking lovely.

That rounds it out, folks! What did you think of this weekend’s looks?

38 Responses to “Weekend Beauty Hot! or Hmm…: Letoya Luckett, Toccara, Solange Knowles, and More!”

1. Sharonda Mignon says:

I agree Mrs. Harvey is super gorge!

2. Carmen says:

Danielle,

I know exactly what you mean about Toccara’s dating show. I really want her to do well so my tv is on TV One on Thursday night but I’m usually talking on the phone or playing on the Internet. LOL.

And yes Tisha did look like Marie Osmond. No comment on Sommore and I love Solange’s hair but I want to know why she did not finish separating her curls.

3. Ladyshawann says:

Toya & Solange look so fresh faced, the first lady of the event is glowing. Tocarras gold tones complement her so well. I like

4. Madpet says:

I love Marjorie’s makeup the most.

5. jasmine says:

TOYA LOOKS GOOD, SHE ISNT BAD LOOKING BUT SHE LOOKS REALLY GOOD IN THIS PICTURE AND I THINK THAT ZOE KRAVITZ SHOULD STICK TO BLACK HAIR BECAUS THE BLONDE AGES HER A BIT.

6. KBS says:

Mrs. Harvey looks nice as does Tocarra and Toya. – Zoe, looks of….maybe the hair. Not feeling Solo’s lipstick at all. Looks like one of the colors in the crayola 64 box. Sommore…..I’d suggest a colon cleanse or drastic diet change for her skin.

7. Savage says:

Lisa Bonet is still gorgeous!! Tisha is having a Michael Jackson pale face/rosy cheek moment..And Sommore spooked me so much…It is too early for that nonsense!! Like there is nothing right about her..the devil, boy I tell u..And I am enjoying Toccara’s show!!

8. Indigo says:

Latoya Luckett – always looks like a baby doll. lol I will always see her as a PK.
    Toccara – I will not watch that show… I will not cosign Donald Trump pimping out another black woman.
    Tisha- This is a perfect example why eye drops must stay on hand.
    Sommore- Leave the coke alone.
    Solange – Something is off..

9. Crystal says:

latoya luckett has always been naturally pretty to me. she does not need to be ‘done’ up. toccara’s make up is stunning. that’s how women of color wear ‘color’ without looking like a clown. most of us get it so wrong! zoe kravitz is drop dead gorgeous! i knew she was going to be a model when lisa was pregnant. lol. i mean….with parents like that…why wouldn’t you be?

10. Tricia says:

Zoe looks to be channeling Freddie Mercury with that hairstyle.

11. Kendra says:

The “Opulence” line is from “Paris is Burning” :-)

12. Mika says:

Toya and Letoya looked really nice.

13. afrikka says:

Why is toya last name cater?

14. Tee says:

@Afrikka

Cause she use to be married to rapper Lil’ Wayne

15. Englishvers says:

I’m adoring Solange’s coral lips-colour. So pretty for summer.

16. Toya looks pretty as always.
    But something is off about everyone else just a little

17. Alyssa says:

@afrikka because she was married to Lil Wayne and she took his last name. Alot of women keep their married names after divorce. Less complicated.

18. classCie says:

Toya Carter Wright and Letoya Luckett both look stunning!

19. Stefanie says:

Props to Solange for going that bare!

20. Shaq Nichole says:

Latoya – Love her makeup. I think she looks so lovely and not made up like some of these other people I’m about to talk about…
    Toccara – Not feeling her makeup…she looks like a clown. And I see some of you guys are talking about her show….A HOT MESS!! That show literally has me dying all the time, these men look so desperate…
    Moving right along…
    Tisha Campbell – Makeup is way too dark. It makes her look older, like 50 yrs old
    Sommore – Words cannot even explain what she’s looking like right now. A whole lot is going on with the defining eyebrows that she/her makeup artist forgot to blend the concealer in, cakey makeup (like Danielle said) and bad skin….all a mess…
    Zoe/Lisa – I think they both look great and Lisa (Denise – love her character on the Cosby Show) is aging gracefully. She looks great!

21. llehsal says:

For some reason…the makeup this weekend were way off…you see that light kind of concealer kind of thing…..nuh-uh …its not gonna work. I think that coral lip hits very close to orange and is a little too bright on Solange…..that’s all that really jumped out at me….I can’t say I liked any of these looks.

22. sun.kissed says:

LeToya takes it. Everyone else needs to go back to the drawing board. Tisha Campbell and Sommore really need to quit!

23. Jinx Moneypenny says:

I was surprised when I saw Lisa B at the premiere because usually she’s wearing some not-so-flattering stuff. But she was dressed beautifully, makeup well done, hair polished, and from the looks of her calves the woman is probably working with some body.

24. TaTa says:

What in the world is going on with Sommore’s skin?? Forget that makeup. She has a bad case of adult acne. It has to be diet and harmones.

Letoya is always on point. I have yet to see the girl off her game!!

25. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

How weird is it that Nia Long and Sommore are sisters, but one has the most glowing skin and Sommore’s is…whew…

26. Joan says:

@ Sticky-n-Sweet

Nia & Sommore are half siblings. Nia never grew up w/ her so they are not really full blood.

I find it hard to believe that Sommore is related to gorgeous Nia Long. Sommore looks like a tranny in the above pic. #notagoodlook

27. antiSOCIAL says:

Is it me or is Solange’s hair taking forever to grow o_O She did that big chop ages ago, she should atleast have a shoulder lenghth bush by now!

But anyway…

LeToya and Toya are my faves, they are both beautiful
    Sommore…WHOA
    Toccara never does it for me

28. Grace says:

Solange’s face, is just well, unattractive. There, I said it.

29. me says:

im not feeling anybody forreal…letoya, toya, and mrs harvey are cool but boring! everyone else o m g!!! and am i the only one who has a problem with solange’s eyebrows sheesh

30. Lyn says:

When it’s blown out @antiSOCIAL you can see the length. It’s shrinkage, and her hair is under a hat.

On another note, I keep thinking that there is something off about Solanges look. I can’t put my finger on it, but I don’t like it 100% I love the lips nonetheless :)

31. Danielle says:

@Carmen haha! That’s exactly what I do, too :)

@Kendra GOLD STAR FOR YOU! ;)

32. TicaPica says:

all i see are MOUSTACHES! Solange and Zoe, please schedule yourselves an upper lip wax asap!

33. Nelly says:

Letoya, Toya, and Mrs. Harvey look great. Lisa Bonet puts everyone to shame! Still beautiful! However, Somore’s makeup artist needs to be fired and a dermatologist needs to be hired…smdh. Or she needs to get some Proactiv asap. Solange’s skin is pretty, but with hardly any makeup, but those bright lips and super thick eyebrows makes her look mannish to me in this pic.:/

34. bb says:

Best of the list: Latoya, Kravitz and Bonet.
    Worst of the list: Somorre (cakey makeup, extreme eyebrows, funky eyeshadow? Too much!) and Solange (looks overheated and tired. She needs to wash whatever makeup she has left on her face off and take a good nap!)

35. Thandie says:

Who is Sommone and why does she look like that?

36. Joanne_ says:

Tocarra looks old here….:/ or somehow different in a bad way
    Sommore is just SOME MESS! wow!!! i’m seriously disgusted!
    I love Solange’s look, show off! LOL

37. Ashley says:

Enjoyed your own comments on this because I felt the EXACT same way about everything you wrote. I really love Letoya’s look. She’s just effortlessly flawless and Solange looks good with that lip color.

38. heidi says:

i know this is a late response to a blog post but i’ve always wondered what the lipstick brand is or the colour that solange wears when she does a coral look, i’ve tried finding it everywhere but I can never match the same colour! please help!!! :) i’d really appreciate it. Thank you