August 15th, 2011
Fashion News, Kanye West
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• It seems like every day Kanye West is at the center of another fashion industry rumor! This time, the hip-hop fashionisto is said to be working with Raf Simons, Jil Sander‘s creative director. Word is Simons is stepping down from his prominent position to work on West’s collection, set to debut at Fashion Week this September. With whispers of collaborations with Zanotti, and names like Louise Goldin on his design team, it sounds like Yeezy’s collection is going to be epic! (StyleCaster)

• Running out of celebrity fragrances to wear all at once? Not to worry! Mary J. Blige unveiled her second perfume, “My Life Blossom” on HSN this weekend. (WWD)

• In continued efforts to drain our bank accounts before Fashion Week, United Nude is having a spring/summer inventory sample sale! From August 15-21, get up to 70% off! Catch the sale at 25 Bond Street from Monday-Friday at 11am-8:00 PM, Saturday 11am-7:00 PM, and Sunday from 12-6PM. Happy shopping!

• No, Beyoncé is not attempting to catch flies with her open mouth– she’s posing for her House of Deréon UK promo shots! Catch the line at Selfridges in London this September. (Beauty is Diverse)

~Jihan

8 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Is Kanye West Collaborating With Jil Sander’s Raf Simons?, United Nude Sample Sale, And UK Promo Shots For House of Deréon F/W ’11”

1. Fashion Boys says:

I love everything about Kanye, hopefully he does come out with a line, I already bought those expensive a** LouisV shoes he designed so maybe his actual line will be budget friendly. Though I doubt it . Not with the designer names dropped so far.

2. EntertainmentsFuture says:

Im gonna have to check out that sample sale..

3. Cheap! I would not rock it!! Sorry Bey…

4. michelebeezit says:

Can I call BS on Kanye not finding a black designer to work with?

5. sun.kissed says:

I’m not believing anything about Kanye’s new line until I see some results!

6. MissSmith says:

I agree with all of you. As much as I love Kanye, I find it really hard to believe that Raf Simons will step down from Jil Sander just to help him with his brand. And as much as I love Bey, I really wish that she & Tina would go back to the drawing board with House of Dereon. Shoot, maybe they should bring in some help from these top designers like Kanye! (Oh and michelebeezit, I feel you on that but Kanye is kind of a fashion groupie so he only wants the European designers.)

7. [...] this article: The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Is Kanye West Collaborating With … « New Music Releases – September 2011 – PopCrush The High Low » New York Hotels [...]

8. Marsha D says:

I Cannot STAND Dereon! I wish they would just quit already! *crying* Make it stoppppp!