August 12th, 2011
Beauty, Kelly Rowland
Weekend Makeup Idea: Contoured Cheeks
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Perhaps it’s because I grew up watching women like Grace Jones, Iman, and the entire cast of “Dynasty” (uh, hello Dominique Deveraux fierceness), but I LOVE a good cheek. A great contoured cheek just really sculpts the face and #realtalk can be an instant face lift.

So wherever your weekend plans take you, do consider contouring those cheeks. You may not even need to run out and buy anything as what you need may already exist in your makeup stash.

You’ll need:
*A vivid blush color (don’t be scared—orange, bright pink, reds, corals, and reds look hawt on brown skin)
*A contour (can be a blush, bronzer, foundation, concealer, powder 2-3 shades darker than your skintone)
*A highlight (can be blush, bronzer, foundation, concealer, luminizer, but should be lighter than your skin)
*A blush brush and powder brush (good to have two or three so you don’t “muddy” the blush, contour, and highlight colors)

Apply your blush to the apples of the cheeks, dust the contour in the hollows, and sweep the highlight shade on the tops of the cheekbones. Lightly blend where the colors meet and voila! You’re done.

Here’s what it looks like on Tyra.

My current fave contoured cheek look consists of MAC Blush in Fever, Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer in #8 Ebony, and Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer in #3. Makes me want to take a bite out of my own face.

Do you contour your cheeks? What are your favorite products to use? ;)

13 Responses to “Weekend Makeup Idea: Contoured Cheeks”

1. llehsal says:

I love love contoured cheeks. I use Revlon’s Colourstay Finishing Powder (looks and feels like bronzer) in Sunkissed as the highlighter. For blush I use Sleek’s Scandalous and for the contour I use a cheapy dark brown blush I got in a makeup palette. Use these items all the time.

2. Crystal says:

very pretty but that’s too much work. my makeup has not and will not ever take more than 5 minutes! i know alot of people contour with mac blunt. very nice if done right.

3. Ive been wanting to master this. Thanks! :)

4. llehsal says:

@Crystal…I envy you! Just opening my blush takes more than 5 minutes!

5. chi_girl says:

@ Crystal I couldn’t agree with you more…no cheek make-up for me, I’ll stick to fashion scoop by MAC and eye shadow and a lil mascara.

6. Englishvers says:

I so love wearing rouge.
    My current favourite is Joues Contraste; In love by Chanel.

7. Erica B. says:

I do. I use Nars Laguna bronzer, Nars Orgasm blush and a makeup artist friend hipped me to Banana Powder for highlighting.

8. Simms says:

Danielle, did I notice that you did the BC? If so, congrats chica!!

9. Mona L says:

I make an attempt to contour my face everyday! I feel ridiculous if I dont!

10. Indigo says:

Estee Lauder minute blush in Minute Bronze,Sephora’s harmonie trio bronzer with a mineralized blush… A nice cheek CAN pick your whole face up.

11. Danielle says:

Guys, blush and a little highlight/contour takes less time than putting on eyeshadow. At least try just blush if you’re not wearing any cheek makeup. Pleaaaase? :)

@Simms I did! I did! Thanks :D

12. I definitely have to go shopping from some bronzer, highlighter and blush. I would rather contour my cheeks that wear concealer and foundation. Just something to enhance your natural look .

Amanda xoxox