August 10th, 2011
Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Joy Behar from The View claims Jennifer Hudson is a size 0.

She said, “I was in a store shopping, looking for a dress and I suddenly say ‘Oh, there’s somebody I know,’ and it was Jennifer Hudson and she was shopping and she said “I know you” […] and then I heard the sales girl say to her ‘You’re a size 0′ and I said to Jennifer ‘How does that feel?’ and she said ‘I feel like they’re talking to someone else.’” I guess Joy’s never heard of vanity sizing. Jennifer Hudson looks great, but size 0? Probably inaccurate. (Necole Bitchie)

• Here’s a shot from the Sears Kardashian Kollection ad campaign, photographed by Annie Leibovitz. This is probably the only time you will see any of the Kardashians carrying the (barely visible) handbags from this line! Enjoy it, folks! If you dare, you can pre-order pieces from the partially sold-out collection at Sears.com. (Beauty is Diverse)

• Early yesterday morning, Betsey Johnson held a brunch to debut her brand new fragrance, Too Too. I checked out the scene for The Fashion Bomb! Guests were treated to dance performances, lovely fruit, muffin, and scone platters, as well as chocolate and vanilla cupcakes. Only at a Betsey Johnson event is it appropriate to serve cupcakes before noon. The fragrance will be available in September.

Joan Smalls is one of the faces of David Yurman‘s Fall 2011 campaign, photographed by Peter Lindbergh. #werq (Fashion Gone Rogue)

• There weren’t nearly enough precious stone-encrusted 14-karat yellow and white gold fragrance bottles offered from DKNY. This glaring void in the market is now filled thanks to the Golden Delicious Million Dollar Fragrance Bottle designed in collaboration with celebrity jeweler, Martin Katz. Proceeds from the bottle featuring the NYC skyline will go to a global charity. (Luxuryes)

• Here’s a look at Dwayne Wade’s King Power watch, designed in collaboration with Hublot. $27,500, and not a single diamond in sight. (Miami New Times)

~Jihan

36 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Jennifer Hudson is A Size 0?, The Kardashians for Sears Kollection Ad Campaign Surfaces, and Betsey Johnson Debuts Too Too Fragrance”

1. J. Hudson a size 0? Umm ok….. That’s a great shot of the Kardashians. Annie’s still got it!

2. Crystal says:

the ad is nice but i’m sure they are going to throw some junk on a rack just so they have another business venture. i heard their qvc line was not good quality. i would make sure i could proudly stand by anything wiht my name on it but celebrities these days are just in it for the money.

jennifer hudson does not look like a zero, maybe it was a line of clothes that run big. i know i need a 2 or a zero in some stores and that is not my usual size.

3. Nicole O. says:

Joan Smalls is so stunning.

The Kardashian Kollection for Sears is pretty disappointing. Idk if they have more pieces coming, but the stuff available for pre-order didn’t WOW me.

4. I’ve said this before elsewhere but it bears repeating: The issue with vanity sizing is that it seems to overlook the segment of the population that really DOES need a size 0. The clothes get bigger and bigger – but damned if my community – Petite Strong! – gets represented.

The result: The last time I was bananas enough to buy something from Express, I wore a xxs. What. The. Fug.

5. PS: I continue to believe something is very fishy about the way JHud lost that weight.

6. Savage says:

Ok I am very disappointing that the amazing, legendary Annie Leibovitz is taking pics of them..SAD. And Jennifer a size 0? Come on, at her height a 0 she would look skeletal.

7. No comment on JHud’s size but I must say that Joan Smalls looks beautiful! Now she can pass that David Yurman ring right to me :o)

8. LeashATL says:

I’m sorry to say that while I think it’s important for woman to be healthy, a size 0 is a bit much for someone like J.Hud. I mean, as her size diminishes, so does her career BECAUSE she’s not recognizable. I just find it sad that she feels the need to get down to such a small size. (I’m not arguing about what size she actually is)

9. Empress says:

She is not a damn size 0..she is like a size 4…All this talk about j Hudson weight loss/size..She was better off a big girl

The Kardash trio puts their names on everything…I’ve only bought a dress from their Bebe collection…Not interested in anything else..I can’t knock their hustle though!..Business savvy or should I say money hungry!!

10. Grace says:

Joan Smalls and the Kardashians look absolutely stunning (I’ll pass on the clothing line however).
    lol @ The Hostile Negress, I feel the same way! Thanks to vanity sizing, I usually have to shop in the petite section for the slimmer cut the length is too short. Juniors clothing would be an option but then you’re sacrificing quality, smh
    PS JHud and Kelly Rowland should start a Tragic Wigs/Weaves Club

11. It’s funny how people just can’t let people live, if Jhud is happy and healthy then okay! She isn’t starving herself clearly, she works out, she is a working women, and a mom and she looks great! I don’t thinks he is about to bust out into modeling, she can’t live her life as others see fit. LOL.

I got a dress from the kardashians pre-sale at sears, that dress was hot! by the time i looked up some coupon codes, and used my sears points I paid nothing for that dress! It was 99 bucks, nah buddy I paid like 30 bucks!!

Joan looks super good, David Yurman is nice, but I can’t dig the prices for those bracelets that i love by him though.

12. [...] The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Jennifer Hudson is A Size 0?, The … Tags: a-dress-and, a-store-shopping, and-she, behar, dress-and, hudson, jennifer-hudson, [...]

13. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

DEAD @ “Tragic Weaves’ Club”! It already exists, Vivica fronts it. Tyra and Nigel would gives the Kardashian Kollection photoshoot a Grade A dreck-atude rating, you’re selling bags and I can’t even see them. I refuse to contribute one single dime to the expansion of those girls’ heads! As far a JHud wearing a size 0, I call B.S. Erin Wasson is the same height, and much thinner, and she’s a size 2! (Worked with her) And Joan Smalls is GORGEOUS!

14. kaliente says:

Jennifer hudson is very small….maybe what she was trying on she was a zero…i saw her in a pic with a blue dress and she looked VERY thin.
    and Im not sure why ppl can’t believe that she actually worked to lose her weight. Weight watchers DOES work…and you don’t have to starve yourself.

15. fashion fun says:

You can clearly look at J Hud and know she’s not a size 0, regardless of what J.B. is saying. I am confused why this is even being entertained. Yes she’s lost weight but she’s not a size 0 More like a 6, 8 maybe even a 10. I think a trainer and healthy eating habits via a chef or etc helped her lose weight not so much weight watchers. I am sure she consumed a few WW’s products but I wont believe for one minute WW’s is soley responsible for that weight loss. But I am sure they are seeing a spike in enrollment simply b/c people are consumers and will buy into anything.

16. fashion fun says:

And dont be fooled by pictures, PHOTOSHOP exists for a reason……

17. Mona L says:

Joan looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

18. artsylee says:

Joan Smalls looks gorgeous!

19. Indigo says:

You can can be a “size 0″ but if you have a bad attitude, you might as well be a size 30…

20. Indigo says:

Are people really arguing Jhud’s size…wow (shrugs) Rather she’s a 10 or 0, she’s someone’s inspiration to work out and diet.

21. Mely B says:

I agree with the frustration vented about her weight loss being overly emphasized rather than her singing. I wish when people interviewed her they’d discuss her cd, movies, etc rather than this. There is so much more to her than this “amazing weight loss”.

22. NurseChoclate says:

Wait wasn’t she getting sued because she was got a gastric bypass and not just used weight watchers. She will be like star jones and come out later saying she had it done. I don’t know why they are so ashamed that they had to have surgery. I just don’t understand why they want to get so small. I have been a 0 and was happier when I got bigger.

23. sun.kissed says:

Why is there only one handbag is the Kardashian ad and why is Khloe upside down? D-Wade’s watch is wack.

24. addikted2fashion says:

$99 for something from Sears just b/c the Kardashians slapped their name on it? No thanks.

J.Hud Is not a size 0. Sizes vary in different stores/brands. And in my opinion, whatever size she is right now, is too small. She looks like a lollipop.

25. Vonmiwi says:

Yeah, this will be the only time we’ll see the Kardashian’s carrying their line of bags and after that we’ll see them with their CHANEL and Hermes bags that they were able to buy from those who purchased a little piece of them. No thanks.

26. [...] guess Joy’s never heard of vanity sizing,” writes a blogger at Fashion Bomb Daily. “Jennifer Hudson looks great, but size 0? Probably [...]

27. puzzled says:

kudos for j hud for losing weight. she has worked hard and she looks amazing. the black community are not supportive of this because i would say 85 % of black women are overweight and obese and they dont try and change anything about this. kudos j- hud continue to lose weight. as a community we need to take note and lose weight.

28. Siyam says:

I had never even heard of Joan Smalls, but she’s gorgeous! As far as J.Hud being a zero, there are some stores where there sizing is crazy big so anyone could be a size zero. Glad she has a size 38 heart! As far as the Hublot collab D. Wade is on, I applaud him for using a watch silhouette that gets the focus away from diamonds ( which cause way too much trouble if not fairly harvested), but the price point is just too much unless the thing works underwater, can make kettle corn, and has a sewing kit attached ; )

29. sun.kissed says:

LOL at Siyam on D-Wade’s watch. Too funny!

30. k3k3_n says:

i’m plus sized and i agree that vanity sizing is probably frustrating for those who actually need small clothes I know i get mad when a large is actually a medium so how could you not when a small is a medium the important thing about clothes is the fit i don’t know why people care so much about the number on the tag

31. candylicker says:

Klohe has been photoshoped to death in that picture – LMAO!!!! They need to stop

32. [...] Hudson looks great, but size 0? Probably inaccurate,” one blogger wrote. The safer question — “Do you think she’s actually a zero?” — has been coming up, as [...]

33. [...] her scrumptious curves cover this month’s Ebony magazine. In this issue, she talks about the size 0 debacle: “I am going to finally address that size-zero thing that Joy [Behar] said on The [...]

34. [...] and her scrumptious curves cover this month’s Ebony magazine. In this issue, she talks about the size 0 debacle: “I am going to finally address that size-zero thing that Joy [Behar] said on The View. [...]

35. [...] this months Ebony magazine and she is looking sooooooo good. In this issue, she talks about the size 0 debacle: “I am going to finally address that size-zero thing that Joy [Behar] said on The [...]

36. Hi, this weekend is good designed for me, as this
    point in time i am reading this wonderful informative article
    here at my residence.