August 9th, 2011
Fashion News, Kanye West, Rihanna
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• According to the Daily Mail, Rihanna pays her hairstylist Ursula Stephen £2,000 (approx $3,200) a day, which comes up to about $23,000 a week. Rihanna Fenty: stimulating the economy one hair color at a time. (Daily Mail)

• Want to rock a pair of pumps designed by Kanye West? You might soon have the opportunity.  The fashionisto is rumored to be collaborating with Giuseppe Zanotti on a women’s footwear line. Apparently, Yeezy has been putting in hours at the Zanotti factory. The designer says: “Kanye is always here in my factory. In the last three years, he has come here maybe every month and worked with the employees 10 to 12 hours a day. [Kanye] loves learning about shoes, both the design and construction, and we’ve tried to design something together. In a couple of months, he could have his own special collection out.” Every month for three years? Kind of unbelievable. If this is true, these shoes better be on that visionary! (StyleCaster)

• Supermodel Angela Lindvall will replace Heidi Klum as the host of Project Runway’s All-Star season.  No Iman: how disappointing! I longed to hear her hilariously stern voice flatly command; “you’re out, you can leave the runway.” Isaac Mizrahi will fill in for Michael Kors, along with Marie Claire editor-in-chief Joanna Coles in place of Nina Garcia. No word on the fate of dear Tim Gunn. (The Cut)

• The loudest sound echoing through the halls of the MET this weekend was that of  ringing registers. The final two days of the MET’s Alexander McQueen exhibit were crazy! 15,000 people showed up on Saturday, and the line started at 79th street (the museum is at 82nd). Sounds like… a lot of standing and waiting. Glad I went in May! (Fashionista)

Rodarte and Opening Ceremony have teamed up once again for their Fall 2011 collection. Pastels are a bold choice for fall, but this somehow works. What do you think? (StyleCaster)

•Rent the Runway is having a semi-annual clearance sale, with 75% off lightly worn frocks. (Rent the Runway)

~Jihan

16 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Rihanna’s Hairstylist Makes Bank, Kanye West x Giuseppe Zanotti?, and Record Crowds on The Last Days of Alexander McQueen’s Exhibit”

1. Jaida says:

What exactly is Ursula doing these days because the red hair was a fail almost every time she stepped out. I loved her work during the Good Girl Gone Bad era. She worked wonders!

2. k3k3_n says:

I was in that line on Sunday and it was an amazing experince the energy was crazy for 4 1/2 hours i bonded with strangers over the importance of people realizing that fashion is art

3. sun.kissed says:

Seeing that “The Fashion Show” on Bravo (hardly) replaced Project Runway, I’m surprised they enlisted Issac Mizrahi and let alone consider Iman to host the show. I don’t think I’m excited about the change in hosts and judges. It would be cool to see what Kanye West comes up with if they do a line together. Ursala has me thinking I should be a celebrity hair stylist…

4. Joan says:

@ Jaida

I was saying the same thing what is her stylist doing cuz her hair is a hawt mess. She looks like Sideshow Bob from the Simpsons. lol

5. Empress says:

$3,000 a day? Ursula does her hair daily..I thought Rhi Rhi rocked sew ins and wigs..A sew in lasts about 3 weeks…Lol..I like Ursula’s hair styles on Rhi..I was a big fan of the red!..

6. Coldplayer says:

rodarte line sucks ass.

7. zimbabwechic says:

Am I the only person consistently underwhelmed by Rodarte and what they bring to the fashion table?

8. Anon says:

@zimbabwechic You’re not alone. Rodarte is so overhyped it’s ridiculous.

9. Crystal says:

i like this way more than that red hair so i’ll cut her some slack. however,this is very similar to beyonce’s current hair style, it’s just a looser curl and darker hue. everybody seemed to be loving beyonce’s lion king mane so whatever. i don’t like either look but prefer rihanna’s.

10. Dinka Don says:

I loved almost all of Rih Rih’s hairstyles! Long brown hair, short black hair, curly red hair… The only one I SMDH at was the hairstyles she wore during her Rated R phase… Especially when she stepped on the scene lookin’ like a damn penis! Thank god, she got it together.

11. DianaN says:

I like Rihanna best with her red hair, it goes better with her edgy style. BTW does anyone know where could i get those pants she’s wearing? ( or something similar)

12. Jinx Moneypenny says:

Something about Ye in that pic… mmhm.

13. Chris Styles says:

I saw McQueen at the MET and waited in line for 2 1/2 hours! and no it wasn’t even on the last day, so I can only imagine how crazy that would’ve been. But it was THAT SERIOUS! HE was talented/genius & the exhibit was amaZing!

14. FOR 3,200 A DAY I WOULD SNATCH THE HAIR OFF A INDIAN WOMAN…..GUESS THAT WOULD MAKE IT 100% INDIAN REMI HUH LOL WELL HONESTLY WHEN I SEE ARTIST SPENDING THAT MUCH MONEY IT REMINDS ME TONI BRAXTON SPENDING 1O STACKS ON HAIR. I WONDER IF CIARA WILL REGRET ALL THAT SPENDING ON SHOES WHEN AND IF SHE EVER NEEDS MONEY WILL THEIR THOUSAND AND SOME CHANGE PUMPS SAVE THEIR LIFE? OR CAN THEY EAT EM AS A REPLACEMENT MEAL?

15. chrissy says:

well shes over paid, at least since she went long and got rid of the short cut. short hair is her expertise, her hair was on point then. weaves, wigs are not. rihanna hair hasnt been on point since she went long.