August 4th, 2011
Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• For this season (excuse me, cycle) of America’s Next Top Model, Tyra‘s bringing back your favorite ghosts of cycles past  in an all-star farce event.

Since some of the cast has enjoyed relative success in modeling, and the poses in these promo photos so zealously invade hot mess territory, it looks like this cycle is just for fun. My only question is: Where is the biracial butterfly Jade in all this? (UsMagazine)

• It is the end of an era. Serena Williams has launched her last nail polish duo in her Glam Slam collection with OPI. The red and bronze lacquers (Love is A Racket and Pros & Bronze, respectively) are in salons now. I’m thinking Pros & Bronze might have to be the next mani… (Beauty High)

• If you’re in NYC and want to see some stunning photography, hurry over to the Danziger Projects to view the Africolor exhibit. The images explore African life through a decidedly non- National Geographic lens, featuring African urbanites against saturated backdrops, donning vibrant hues. Danziger Projects is located at 527 West 23rd Street, and the exhibit runs until September 10. (Vogue.it)

• You know something in the milk ain’t clean when people are surprised by Lane Crawford‘s, (Asia‘s leading high-end department store,) decision to use an all-Asian cast of models for its Fall 2011 campaign. (Style File)

• And now… some gratuitious man candy. Salieu Jalloh wears Givenchy in a shoot for V Man. Delicious. (Beauty is Diverse)

Maybelline‘s classic Great Lash Mascara is 40 years old! To celebrate the momentous occasion, the brand has enlisted Tracy Reese, Vivienne Tam, and Max Azria to design limited edition tubes of the mascara. The collection will be sold at Target, and will retail at $6.99. I love my M.A.C. Haute & Naughty mascara, but these tubes are so cute, I think I’ll have to rock out with some Great Lash for a minute! Which design is your favorite? (nitro:licious)

~Jihan

18 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: ANTM All-Star Cast Revealed, Check out Danziger Projects’ Africolor Exhibit, And Tracy Reese Teams with Maybelline Great Lash Mascara”

1. cheeky says:

I HATE, DETEST, LOATHE, DESPISE, ABHOR, SHUN, DERIDE AND CURSE that god awful Great Lash Mascara. It is the absolute worst mascara on the planet and I just don’t get how its won so many awards! It clumps like no other and it’s just horrendous! Don’t do dare trade MAC for CRAP! Ugh…*shudders*

2. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

Jihan, you haven’t worn mascara until you’ve worn Diorshow 360, I’m tellin you…and homeboy’s lips, good GOD!

3. Jihan says:

@sticky GWORL. I. Know. lips for DAYS. I’m in love.

4. loverly says:

Mmmm. That man is fine.

I actually love Great Lash. It’s my favorite every day mascara. I’ll have to pick up the Tracy Reese edition.

5. zimbabwechic says:

great lash mascara is by far the worst i have ever used.

6. Savage says:

Ok, Big, Great Lash is a classic. I live by it. I’ve tried Dior Show, and M.A.C. but that pink does the job as a base mascara (I use different mascaras at once). It’s a reason its been around and used for 40yrs!

7. Savage says:

And BTW word was that Jade didn’t want to participate bc she believed the show was going to make so much money, that she could’ve been paid more money. Good thing she has that lucrative modeling career to fall back on..lol

OMG. Why are those ANTM pics so bad!

9. yusufswifee says:

that great lash is loved by many…something like a tube sold every four seconds or whatever…I like the chanel imitable and the maybeline falsies myself. I will try MAC and Diorshow next.

the mancandy is on point.

10. Camille is on that ANTM All-Star cast!?! LMAO I might have to watch the f*ckery. :D

11. Tricia says:

I feel bad that at first glance I thought that was one asian model in 5 different outfits. They are beautiful though and kudos to Lane Crawford!

12. Frost says:

WHAT?! I LOVE Great Lash — I’m surprised so many of you don’t like it? I’ve used several mascaras, and Great Lash is by far my favorite.

Camille’s going to be in the All-Star cast?! Teeheehee! I might have to watch too.

13. chillinnn says:

i was on the FLOOR when i read how something in the milk aint clean! Jihan is a clown!

in other news, the blue lipstick on the african is bothering meee

14. Madpet says:

Mascara is mascara I don’t think its that serious. At the end of the day, it all clumps to me!!! I haven’t watched ANTM in like three years, but this cycle seems interesting. I will be sure to catch it.

15. lauren says:

Well, I’m proud of Lane Crawford…things like that should be consistent.
    Mr. Jalloh is a beautiful sight to see lol
    …& can’t wait to grab my Great Lash!

16. AfroDiety says:

Maybe Danielle can do a post comparing the 3 mascaras, on a live model…

17. addikted2fashion says:

ANTM still comes on? News to me.

18. hot damn! says:

that man is somethin else! those lips are killing me softly