August 4th, 2011
Style Inspiration, What to Wear
Style Inspiration: What to Wear For Your Engagement Photos
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Natasha writes, “Greetings! My fiancee and I are taking our engagement photos in a few weeks. Any suggestions on what to wear? Our photos will take place near a lake.”

Congratulations, Natasha! When I think of engagement photos, two words come to mind: fresh and simple. You don’t want too much going on with your outfit, as these photos are about you, your fiance, diamond engagement rings , and the beautiful love you share. However, that doesn’t mean you should give up style! I suggest a flattering, airy, feminine dress like this one from Z Spoke by Zac Posen. It has enough detail to make the dress interesting without being overwhelming. You’re going to be by a lake, so there will probably be lots of grass: wear some wedges so you don’t sink in the dirt! These Alexander McQueen peeptoe wedges add a pop of color have a unique shape which again, gives this simple look some subtle stylish flair. I love these Tarina Tarantino Merchant Stone earrings, which will look great on camera! For makeup, I’d go with a natural look: save the glam for your wedding! The wildly popular Urban Decay Naked Palette is a great way to play up your natural beauty!

Get this look and more options here:

Have fun, and good luck on your big day!

~Jihan

9 Responses to “Style Inspiration: What to Wear For Your Engagement Photos”

1. CARMEN says:

So. On. Friggin. Time.

2. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

Word to the Wise on the Naked Eyeshadow: Urban Decay is HEAVILY pigmented! A little goes a long way, and they OD on the shimmer too!

3. sun.kissed says:

I love all of the accessories, but not together. The earrings are gorg, but I don’t think they go well with the dress.

4. Empress says:

Don’t agree with those earrings with that dress!..Love those wedges tho!

5. Taylor S. says:

Are you suggesting that she wear any of these things simultaneously? I really hope not. All the pieces are lovely separately but none of it compliments each other.

6. binks says:

Cute! I’ am getting wedge fever looking at this post those Alexander Mcqueen and the Aldo ones are fire

7. mari says:

Erhm. No.

8. Coldplayer says:

this look is just awful. please ignore natasha

9. Monique says:

I need to hurry and find a man, because I LOVE this look