July 29th, 2011
Fashion News, Rihanna
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• What’s more important than the debate on Capitol Hill to raise the debt ceiling? Rihanna‘s hair, of course! Here’s a photo of her new, subtler, auburn hair color. Hot! or Hmm… (Rihanna Daily)

Coach is releasing its classic bags in hot new colors, like this kiwi green shade. Fun, huh? Prices range from $298 to $498. Get yours at Coach.com (Purse Blog)

Franca Sozzani is turning Vogue.it over to the people! Once a week, a post on her editor’s blog will be written by a reader. Along with their pitches, she’s released a list of each guest blogger so we know what to expect come October when the readers take the wheel. Are her attempts making fashion more accessible hurting its hallowed exclusivity? Or does reader participation encourage loyalty to the Vogue Italia brand? What do you think? (Vogue.it)

Amar’e Stoudemire is blogging. Basketball blog Posting and Toasting, has revealed two posts from Stoudemire’s soon-to-launch fashion/sports website. In one post, Stoudemire gives us a teaser image from the ad campaign for his new underwear line. He explains, “Yeah, you know, with this ad I wanted to convey how my line of underwears is so sexy that I can’t even show them in the ad. If you think about it, for the common man, not a lot of people will see your underwears on a regular basis so this ad is, like, keeping you guessing just like the people around you.” The command of language: masterful. Loving the juxtaposition of “convey” and “underwears.”(Racked)

Atuai Deng poses for photographer Seye Isikalu. Styling by Aida Dolrahim. I love how the green eyeliner pops against her deep-toned skin! (Beauty is Diverse)

• The look for House of Deréon‘s Fall 2011 collection? “City jungle.” Tina Knowles says: “The combination of colors, exotic prints and silhouettes make for a cohesive collection with tremendous appeal. Beyoncé and I are so proud of the line-up and we can’t wait to see the consumer’s response and how she makes it her own.” Get excited! (The Cut)

~Jihan

21 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Rihanna’s New Auburn Hair Color, Amar’e Stoudemire Reveals Promos For New Underwear Line, House of Deréon Takes You To The “City Jungle” for Fall 2011”

1. Jaida says:

OMG Rihanna looks normal again!

2. Accent says:

No one touches Riri when it comes to her style. I am loving this!

3. Savage says:

I am thanking God that she has finally changed her hair color!!! I dyed my hair bright ref like 6 years ago and since she’s had red hair its made my life awful! Happy to have my individuality back…And Dereon? Another new collection that Beyonce won’t wear. Awesome

4. Joanne_ says:

i really like that bag! I’m gonna start saving up for it now!

5. candylicker says:

Underwears?
    Love Riri’s style, House of Deron – please stop.

6. llehsal says:

Rihanna looks average now… :/

7. LDN 80's says:

Beyonce looks a little uncomfortable in that Dereon dress. In fact, I’m sure it actually fits her right :-/

Does anyone know someone who even wears Dereon??

8. Courtney says:

I like the bright red hair color better on RiRi…but she’s still pretty!!!

9. GlamorousGoddess says:

People stil wear Coach? Anyways, where can I get those boots Rihanna has on?

10. Marsha D says:

I wish Bey & Ms.Tina would stop already……that line is a hot mess. And if I may…..you can tell when Ms. Tina dresses Bey….she always looks so….. so….. tacky! Bey find another stylist…(luv u ms. tina)

11. KlosetLover says:

Well we all know Bey’s secret now because the line from her spanxs is coming through that dress LOL…Although I am #teamBey

12. Empress says:

I actually liked the red hair on Rhi Rhi..auburn is cute..but now she looks like the old Rhi that sang “Pon de replay”..LOL

That coach bag is cute…I miss my coach..I actually think my coach bag is stronger/durable than my monogram LV.

I love Bey but have never worn anything from her clothing line..I prefer to buy her CD’s!

13. tommykimon says:

Glad she finally got rid of the Kool-aid red hair. She looks so much better now. I also need her Fendi clutch and those boots they are cute.

14. addikted2fashion says:

@GlamorousGoddess Yes people still wear Coach. Tons of celebs are photo’d wearing Coach products. I know its definitely very popular in the South.

I agree, Rihanna looks average now. Nothing spectacular.
    I have no opinion of Dereon. There’s no real fashion for me to form an opinion on.

15. Jasmyne says:

This hair color looks so much better on Rihanna…but those boots that she has on are what I’m looking at, those are hot!

16. Indigo says:

Do people still wear Coach? < SMDH

17. Mz.D says:

Riri looks stunning as always. Huge fan must say ;-)

18. Labella Luxe says:

I love the green Coach handbag! And, Rhihanna looks much better with this auburn hair color!

19. I am so sorry Bey but those clothes has always looked cheap there is no way I will wear it or buy it for anyone else! #NotCute

20. I truly appreciate this article post.Much thanks again. Really Cool.

21. I really liked your blog article.Really thank you! Really Great.