July 29th, 2011
Celebrity Style, Mail Bombs

Happy Friday Bombshells!
What a glorious week it’s been! My dad’s in town, so I’m off to go hang out with him. Thankfully intern Jihan helped a bunch with Mail Bombs today.
So let’s get it cracking!
First up, Johanne says, “I’ve been looking for Jennifer’s dress from Basketball wives. It’s fab and Jenn has never looked better!”

“Can you tell me the designer?”
Yep! Jihan found Jennifer kicked it with girlfriends in Capri in a variation of this $209 strapless tie dye dress by Michelle Jonas:

The chic strapless features alluring cut outs and a sophisticated yet simple silhouette. Get the dress here or get a similar look for less with these fun items:

PS Michelle Jonas actually has some really cute stuff! See more at www.shopdivine.com.

Though we reported on Keri Hilson’s love for Giuseppe Zanotti wedge heels, reader Lisa was more into her bag:

She said, “Who is the designer?”
Keri looked cool in the rain in a $340 Divina Bag by Diesel:

Her actual bag won’t be available on Diesel.com until August 15th. Until then, peruse the available selections at www.diesel.com.

Sure, we found where you can get Halle’s chic headband, but many of you wanted full outfit deets!

PretaPorterChic said, “Yeah, can we get dress (and purse) info? Love it! Thanks :)”
I couldn’t find her exact dress, but did uncover she was wearing a $620 fringed Rich Gypsy Bag by CC Skye. Splurge on the bag and save on a similar dress here:

Next, Teri writes, “Can you tell me where I can find this outfit Dawn is wearing?”

” It would be perfect for an All Black Party I am attending for my college Homecoming.”
Jihan did one better and found both looks! She says, “Kaleena Harper is wearing a knit and fringe dress from Mark Fast (a celeb favorite), also worn by Nicki Minaj in V Magazine’s February 2011 issue.”

“While I couldn’t find the designer for Dawn Richard‘s ensemble, you can get a similar look with these”:

Have fun!

In a wardrobe query, Rashida says, “Hey, I will be moving into college soon. While I have clothes for college, I have no idea what to wear on move in day. The only thing I know is that I need to be comfortable. I would love to wear a cute outfit with sneakers. If you could give me some ideas that will be great. Thanks!”

Jihan says, “I wore a cute little breezy dress on my college move-in day, because the football team helped all the freshman girls carry their stuff up to their rooms! Since not every college offers this wonderful service, I would suggest jean shorts (it is blazing hot at the end of August– you don’t want to be burning up in full length pants,) and a cute printed t-shirt or tank. For accessories, some fly kicks will do the trick. You could also rock some hoops, but to switch things up a bit, try a tassel earring! They’re just as light as hoops, and they’re an unexpected twist to a cute casual outfit. Throw on a bracelet, and you’re good to go!

Get this look above plus more options here:

Lastly, Shonna says, “I”m going to Miami next week and am having trouble finding traditional cover-ups such as sarongs for the beach. Can you give me some alternative outfit ideas for cover-ups? Thank you!”
From kaftans to sarongs to cute tunics, we’ve got you covered:

That does it for today!
Have great weekends and be sure to check back in with us throughout the day.
Smootches!

9 Responses to “Mail Bombs: Jennifer Williams’s Michelle Jonas Tie Dye Maxi, Keri Hilson’s Diesel Divina Handbag, And What To Wear For Your Big College Move-in”

1. Alyssa says:

Hey Claire, is there another way to send in mail bombs? I’ve sent in two already and I haven’t seen them. Not sure if I’m doing something wrong.

2. Claire says:

@Alyssa Just searched through my e-mail. One I forgot to star (my bad), so I didn’t see it in my special Mail Bombs folder. I’ll solve it if I can. The other one from you was regarding this look from Kelis in 2010:
    Which we solved. Let me know if I’m missing any others.

3. Alyssa says:

Thanks Claire. I understand, just wanted to know if I was sending it in the right way. Not a big deal. Thanks!

4. sun.kissed says:

Jen looks great! She’s been glowing since she’s gotten rid of her dead weight. I was eying that bag Keri is wearing myself, I love it. And those tassel earrings?? Cute!

5. Jasmine says:

Claire,
    Fab as usual.

I also sent in a mail bomb that was never posted and I thought it was because you just didn’t care for the look. It was pertaining a yellow exaggerated sleeve bodycon dress spotted on a model who is linked to a rapper. I figured the look was custom since she is not a well known celebrity but was wondering if you knew of any similar looks. Since I saw another lesser known personality in the unsolved mail bombs post I figured this was just overlooked accidentally.

Thanks!

6. Frost says:

When I sent in a mail bomb request that wasn’t solved, I just assumed it’s because Claire couldn’t solve it. Just assume the same, and send in something else. ;)

Also, yaaaay more mail bombs this week!

7. tommykimon says:

Jen always looks great she’s tall and graceful. Thanks for a heads-up on the peacock earrings Dawn is wearing they are too cute I will be ordering them.

8. lisa J says:

thanks so much.. I have a major bag fetish lol..

9. [...] So we’re leaving this last one to you guys. Aquaya saw this picture of Keri Hilson wearing Diesel and Zanotti, and said, “I want these shades!!” “Can you find out who makes [...]