July 28th, 2011
Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• Photos from Pierre Balmain, the Balmain diffusion line we talked about a few months ago, have been released!

Price points are, as expected, still steep but certainly more affordable (90% more affordable, to be exact) with jeans starting at $363, jackets at $508, and t-shirts at $174. In the tradition of Alexander Wang and Givenchy, Pierre Balmain will release short videos as part of their media blitz. The line will launch this spring. (The Cut)

• The ASA (Advertising Standards Authority) ain’t playin’! Two ads for Maybelline and Lancôme (featuring Christy Turlington and Julia Roberts, respectively) have been banned throughout the U.K. for being “misleading,” and far too airbrushed. They said “On the basis of the evidence we had received we could not conclude that the ad image accurately illustrated what effect the product could achieve, and that the image had not been exaggerated by digital post production techniques.” Keep it up, ASA. Mascara ads should be next on your list! Lord knows my eyelashes don’t look this long, even after two coats of The Falsies! (The Cut)

• Go behind the scenes of the Theodora & Callum fall 2011 campaign shoot featuring Damaris Lewis. (Beauty is Diverse)

The Wu-Tang Clan is looking for an intern to work at their management office in Staten Island. Sounds like a frat boy’s dream! Duties include social media management, and working in the radio station. Apply at Wu-world.com (Refinery29)

• Is your inner diva sick of plain ‘ol false lashes? Try these from nonesuch things, featuring butterflies on blades of grass. Interesting. Would you rock them? (Fashionista)

• Selena Gomez is photographed by Steven Gomillion and Dennis Leopold in a spread titled “Forever Young” for Elle Mexico August 2011. I know. She’s adorable. She’s #werqin. We love her! (Fashion Gone Rogue)

~Jihan

9 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: First Look At Balmain’s Lower Priced Diffusion Line, Damaris Lewis For Theodora & Callum Fall 2011, and Selena Gomez is Stunning in ELLE Mexico”

1. missb says:

I would love to see how someone would wear those lashes in real life. Jihna would you rock ‘em?

2. Jihan says:

@missb Yes! I’m actually thinking of getting them, I think they’re so cool. Gotta find somewhere to wear them, thought

3. dyshaun says:

I would wear those lashes and I dont have any need for falsies!

I am both terrified and spiteful towards butterfies, irl! BUT I love those inanimate ones!

4. Frost says:

Oh, I like those eyelashes. I didn’t know there was another brand like that: I wrote about the brand Paperself on my blog (http://love-frost.blogspot.com/2010/04/new-trend-paperself.html) last year and they make fun, decorative lashes like that.

The only place I could imagine wearing them to though would be a nightclub! Or a strip club, if I was a stripper lol

5. Frost says:

Oh, and what is the point of Balmain’s “lower priced” line? If you can afford that, then you can probably afford some of the original Balmain. And if that is the case, why bother with the cheaper line? :P

6. Diggs says:

Love the lashes…would rock them. Love Selena’s look–looks like 70s glam girl, hair, glasses….perfect ….I want a shirt similar to that SO badly for early fall!

7. mari says:

Selena looks hot. Love all the pictures.

8. Saj says:

I LOVE the paper lashes, they are from a company called Paperself. I’ve used a few in a beauty shoot here https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150115190352011&set=a.480184057010.258350.38295122010&type=1&theater

9. [...] We reported on the lashes a few months back. It was only a matter of time until we saw Riri wearing them. Paperself offers other designs, including Peach Blossom, and my favorite Under The Sea eyelashes. If you like ‘em, you can get them for $9 (a steal!) on sale at Sephora. More DKNY… [...]