July 27th, 2011
Fashion News, Job Opportunities
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Monica Rose, stylist to Keri Hilson and the Kardashian sisters, is looking for a blogging intern in Los Angeles!

What an exciting opportunity! All my LA fashion bloggers, you better send your cover letter and resume to info@monicarose.com! (Monica Rose’s Twitter)

• In an interview with Women’s Wear DailyMarquita Pring says she sometimes has to pad herself to look larger for certain clients. “Every client is different. You get a wide range. Some people like you much smaller, size 10, size 8. Some people would prefer a 14 or 16. So for me, I’m right in the middle at a sort of small 14, high 12. So I pad sometimes since I’ve got clients who would prefer a solid 14 or 16. [The pads] make you seem all around wider. I mean, from the side you look kind of weird – and it feels weird. Like every now and then my arm gets caught on it and I’m like, wait, this isn’t me. But it’s better for me because I can still be healthy and work out and have the body I want. It’s a little bit of model magic.” Who knew? (Jezebel)

• It is a sad day for Sicilian mobsters at the Ucciardone prison. Inmates are no longer allowed to wear suits by Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Versace, Prada, Armani, or Valentino, in attempts to “cut down” on the mafia image. One mob wife says “My husband will be naked as a worm. It is only clothes, not to show off but because they last longer, are better quality.” How will these mobsters clothe themselves if not in the finest silks? Injustice at its height. (Racked)

• Now’s your chance to get 50% off United Nude‘s Spring/ Summer collection! Use code SUMMERSALES to take advantage of this discount when you order online. (United Nude)

• Looks like Miu Miu wasn’t the only house inspired by film noir for the fall season. Emporio Armani‘s fall ad campaign channels the genre, bringing it to life in this gritty, rather ominous new video. Check it out. (Stylefile)

• I live for this watch from Chanel‘s 2011 Camilla Brode Holiday Collection. What do you think? Hot! or Hmm… (The Lux Beat)

~Jihan

11 Responses to “Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Stylist Monica Rose Needs an Intern, Marquita Pring Talks Plus Size Modeling, and Shop United Nude’s Sale!”

1. missb says:

The channel watch is beautiful.
    Tika is so cute. Kelly, please stop with them wigs.

2. Frost says:

OOoooh, I love United Nude!!

Does anyone know if the sale gets better, or if 50% is the most they’ll take off?

3. Jihan says:

@ Frost, I believe it’s just 50% but that’s a LOT off those shoes! The prices are very afforable after the discount.

4. Shaq Nichole says:

Now I know Monica Rose does not style Keri Hilson 100% of the time. 50% has to be Monica Rose and the other 50 is all Keri….smh I’m suprised but interning for her sounds great! I would so do it!

5. Mazuba says:

Love your posts Jihan.You have a unique writers voice and I love the added sarcasm which makes for great humour. The story about the inmates is just hilarious.lol

6. dyshaun says:

Read Monica’s site, she does indeed style Keri most of the time… different strokes for different folks.

I think I am going to cry. All shoes gone in my size…

7. Frost says:

@Jihan, thanks for the reply!

They are definately much more affordable now. *sigh* I just wish I got paid more at my stupid retail job. Otherwise, I’d be racking up a few pairs that I’ve had my eye on for ages.

I know I was hoping maybe the price would be discounted more because I know sometimes they’ll do that (Like McQueen will do 40% to start off then go up to 60% after a couple of weeks). Hmm… *twindles her thumbs while debating on whether or not to empty her savings*

8. Miss Smith says:

Love the story on the mobsters. Haha!

9. vonnie says:

i want that freaking watch!

10. [...] For the occasion, I pulled out my consummate ‘Hamptons’ outfit: a romper by Boxing Kitten and United Nude Möbius sandals (yes I partook in their fantastic 50% off summer sale!): [...]

11. [...] For the occasion, I pulled out my consummate ‘Hamptons’ outfit: a romper by Boxing Kitten and United Nude Möbius sandals (yes I partook in their fantastic 50% off summer sale!): [...]