July 19th, 2011
Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• America’s favorite promethazine-sipping rapper Lil’ Wayne talks to XXL magazine about “Rebirth,” the clothing line he is currently developing. Of his inspiration to take on such an endeavor, Weezy says: “I just figure that I… I’m funky… I got that from my stylist, Marisa. I’m funky, like she say. I wear a whole buncha items at one time, you know what I mean? I be figuring you at least want one of them items. Like, ‘Damn, I’d love to have that safety pin he got on,’ you know what I mean? Anything. I got on these types of shoes, these shorts, this sweater… A year from now, I want all these items to be mine. Rebirth. I want—I just figure people want to be funky like me, so I got my clothing line.” Articulately put, Mr. Carter. I wonder which of these “whole buncha items” might be featured in his line? Any ideas? (HipHop DX)

• Design house Chloé has never shown a collection in the United States until now. Their fashion week of choice? Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami. How many swimsuits did they present? Exactly none, as they chose to show their Fall 2011 collection. Curious. (Racked)

• There’s been lots of talk about the recent mainstream surge in crazy nail trends, but this Atlanta resident has been up on that since 1989. Sunday’s episode of TLC‘s My Strange Addiction featured Jazz, who has been growing her nails for 22 years. Having such extremely long nails makes everyday tasks like texting on a cell phone unnecessarily difficult.  Her reason for not snipping her talons? “I can’t stop loving my kids, so how could I stop loving my nails?” The logic: flawless. (Fashionista)

Riccardo Tisci, Creative Director of Givenchy is the guest editor for this month’s Visionaire magazine. Before you flock to the website to buy the issue, remember to deposit the $425 you’ve set aside for monthly magazine purchases into your bank account. (Stylelist)

• Ford Models releases the video for their Fall/Winter promo shoot: (Beauty is Diverse)

~Jihan

21 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Lil’ Wayne to Launch A Clothing Line, Woman Will Not Cut Her 22-Inch Nails, Take A Look At Ford Models’s Fall/Winter Promo Video”

1. Kelli Nicole says:

This woman with these fingernails has got to be kidding me!! That’s so unattractive…

2. LawyerChic says:

those nails are ridiculous and disgusting. Her whole mentality is disturbing.

3. Savage says:

What about Lil’ Wayne says fashion? Not to knock the brotha’s hustle and all (love to see a black man moving) But seriously? His white Tee? His jeans that hang so low that its damn near homoerotic? His draws that show? lol Nah I’l pass..

4. Dobe says:

I’m trying to convince myself that Lil’ Wayne was just trying to be funny. “I wear a whole buncha items at one time, you know what I mean?” Who doesn’t??

Anywho, since when do nails hold the same weight as children?

5. addikted2fashion says:

@Savage what he wears, doesnt dictate what he would design. just sayin

Im interested in seeing Wayne’s line. Not sure what to expect from him, but im intrigued.

the nails…ma’am, stop.

6. LivvyV says:

Lil Wayne stop just stop. Before you create clothes please learn how to talk to people and create sentences that make sense. Hire yourself a speech coach and learn how to hold an interview. And what real women or young lady with any style or common sense wants to dress like Lil Wayne. Please let me know when you find them so I could smack some sense into them. Wayne your stylist Marisa lied to you because from what I’ve seen nothing about your outfits are funky. And telling you to wear a tee shirt and shorts isn’t much styling from the jump.

7. Nunyabizniz says:

Whole post full of fooleries. I can’t.

8. Savage says:

@addikted2fashion Ok..When you want to start a line won’t you start w/ yourself? Who designs stuff that they would not wear themselves? Excluding opposite sex designers? I’m starting a line full of clothes I would never wear..Nah, I’ll pass

9. Crystal says:

i guess every singer/rapper comes out with a clothing line, tennis shoe, perfume….something as a business venture. however, i’m going to smack the first grown man i see in lil’ wayne gear…just sayin’.

10. Mak says:

A Lil Wayne clothing line? Total joke!

11. Nikki K. says:

I actually saw that episode of “My Strange Addiction” this past weekend and was tweeting up a storm about it. I find that lady’s nails to be totally gross. I can’t even imagine how much of her day is piled up underneath those nails. Ugh!

As for Lil’ Wayne, I think you guys are being a little hard on him. Though he is no fashion icon, he is very creative, adventurous, and artistic musically and, as fashion is/can be a form of artistic expression, Lil’ Wayne could be able to pull off something impressive with a fashion line. My hope is that he’s not just coming out with another urban fashion line… we don’t really need any more of those lol.

12. candylicker says:

How does the woman with the nails keep up on her hygene? I could go into detail, but I wont. And wayne – get your money, some fool will by what you’re selling.

13. Tricia says:

That nail lady is tres ghetteaux! Her nails are holding her back in life and she’s ok with that because she thinks it’s cute. :(

14. andie says:

i think what he was trying to say is that he sees the way people copy his style and he wants to reap the benefits of it. With him being a business man its a smart move. Why should others get the financial reward from his celebrity? Just a thought..

15. Creative SEO says:

Love your style of writing. I am looking to interview industry experts like yourself so please get in touch. It will be five general questions around fashion and how you grew your site.

Great work!

16. Empress says:

I’m more interested in Kanye West’s clothes line because he is a fashion icon…Lil Wayne fashion.not so much..but can’t knock a brother hustle..As for the lady with nails..How does she even wipe her ass?..Smh..Disturbing nonetheless!

17. Mari says:

All I wanna know is how does she wipe her butt? Wow!

I won’t be buying NADA from Wayne, I don’t want to put my money in his pocket, SORRY. Point. Blank. Period.

19. I’m excited to have a look at the fashion line Rebirth, it will definately be sth unique.

20. [...] do you think of his look? I wonder if his forthcoming clothing line will have a similar [...]