July 15th, 2011
Beyonce, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Nyasha Matonhodze, Anais Mali, and Shena Moulton attend the White Fairy Tale Love Ball at Chateau de Wideville in France.

Stunt 101, ladies and gentlemen! (Beauty is Diverse)

• Two people have pre-ordered the crocodile backpack from The Olsen Twins‘s new handbag collection for The Row. How much did they shell out for said backpack? $39,000 each. That’s entry-level salary right there! Barney’s fashion director Amanda Brooks says: “I think if you were ever going to spend $39,000 on a bag, that’s the bag you should buy because I think you’d wear it for a really long time.” How long, 39,000 years? (Fashionista)

• Some kids go to Christian camp (me), other kids go to modeling camp. What do the two have in common? You will inevitably be critiqued on your body. One camper who got the opportunity to meet with a rep from Wilhelmina Models says: “She [the rep] said I had really good facial expressions… I just need to work on my height, because I’m a little short. But I will get there – drink a little milk and I’ll be fine.” Hmm… hope her growth spurt hasn’t already kicked in, because if so, no amount of milk is going to change being 5’6″! Interested in attending? It’s $999 for the four-day workshop. (NYDN)

• The CFDA/ Vogue Fashion Fund finalists have been announced! Amongst the talented crop are Suno, Pamela Love, and Altuzarra. The fund provides financial and business support to up-and-coming designers. Congrats to all the finalists! (Fashionista)

Beyoncé spent $14,000 at Topshop in London in only an hour. She reportedly did not try anything on. (news.com.au)

`~Jihan

14 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Nyasha Matonhodze, Anais Mali, and Shena Moulton Step Out in France, Modeling Camp is A Real Thing, And Beyoncé Spends More Money Than You Thought Possible at Topshop”

1. Starla says:

Jihan, I can see why Claire picked you for the internship. Your writing style is so vibrant, fresh, and colorful. Absolutely love the lil blurbs around the fashionshphere, makes me feel as though I am in the thick of things. Thanks!

2. MIMI says:

I agree with Starla

3. Nunyabizniz says:

More power to Bey, I ain’t even mad at her. She makes about 1.5 milli weekly so… $14,000 to her is like 10 bucks to the rest of us.
    The models on the first pic are sooo gorgeous… hmm hmm hmm!
    and I agree with comment above, I like Jihan writing style!

4. Mona L says:

I’m sending my niece to Modeling school as soon as I find $999 for four sessions! Tuh!

And Kudos to Claire & Jihan!!!!!!

5. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

$999 for four days…no contract, not even an internship. Jeez, my cousin got signed to Elite while visiting family in Brooklyn, for FREE! And how does one “work on their height” anyway? A fool and his money are soon parted I guess…

6. Claire says:

Yay Jihan!

7. ZaraChioma says:

I wonder when Bey’s gonna be rockin those heels?

8. Miss Smith says:

Jihan, you should also include Cushnie et Ochs in the finalists for CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund. One of the designers is black & their clothes are cool!

9. CaKes says:

Great article Jihan! I founded the Mary-Kate and Ashley new handbag collection pretty interesting, that I went to the link (thanks!) to read up more on it. Only thing that bothered me is they asked Simon Doonon, Barneys’ Creative Ambassador if he would ever wear what Amanda Brooks considers “a lot of money on a bag” backpack and he said no, because “I never was a backpack person, My gay sister was always working a backpack and it’s a little too hearty for me.” WTF? Lol…not upset in any way, just found that part hilarious! GREAT read!

10. Brooklyn Lady says:

@Sticky-n-sweet COSIGN! SMH. Real models are randomly discovered.

11. dyshaun says:

Bey is loving that orange this summer!

12. llehsal says:

$14,000 in under an hour? So little? These days that’s one handbag…I was expecting way more. But I love this article. Nice job Jihan.

13. [...] post:  The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Nyasha Matonhodze, Anais Mali … jQuery(document).ready(function($) { [...]

14. jihan says:

@everyone yaaay! Thank you guys so much! glad you’re enjoying my writing! means a lot!

lots of exclamation points in this response!!!!