July 13th, 2011
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm, Kelly Rowland

Kelly Rowland showed up for X Factor auditions in Liverpool rocking a Vivienne Westwood blazer, Sass & Bide shirt, and Stella McCartney shorts:

She completed the look with Giuseppe Zanotti shoes, Sass & Bide jewelry, and Prada sunglasses.
UK papers have been going in on this outfit, saying she looked like she got dressed in the dark. Eep! I don’t think it’s so bad. I can see how the shorts bring each element of the outfit together, though the suede peep toe sandals do look a little hot for July.

What do you think?

If you love her look, get a few pieces here:

Thx Joel!

35 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Kelly Rowland in Vivienne Westwood, Sass & Bide, Giuseppe Zanotti, and Stella McCartney at X Factor Auditions in Liverpool”

1. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

Well they would just have to hate me, cuz I’d wear the hell outta every piece of that outfit! The shorts could sit a little lower though…

2. mtlveevee says:

I think she looks great….only thing I’d tweak would be the necklace (which is independently lovely, but is too much with the rest of the outfit!)

3. sun.kissed says:

Hated it! The pieces are nice separately, but this outfit is not a good look.

4. Cam says:

While love Kelly and the outfit, the shoes are just too heavy. The color choice is on point but I would have preferred some cute sling backs or peep toes. Additionally, I concur with mtlveevee, the necklace on its own is fab just not with the outfit. Her bracelet is HOT! where can I find it.

5. dyshaun says:

I love it all se.part.ely. LOL Really like the booties and UK is gloomy anyway so eh.

I LOVE THAT NECKLACE. And can the wig snatchers compliment the hair today; its lovely, no?

6. Chris Styles says:

Not feeliin the shorts but um looking at them legs is definitely motivating me to hit the gym after work!

7. t says:

i think i would have gone with a different color shirt, but overall me likey!

8. Courtney says:

I absolutely love this outfit…Rock it Kelly!!!

9. Brittany says:

I hate that X she insists on doing in many of her pictures.

10. Grace says:

Perhaps the outfit is a bit busy but I think she looks great! Where they’re getting this “dressed-in-the-dark” nonsense is beyond me. I’ve decided to accept the fact that Kelly will always wear heavy clunky shoes and bad wigs/weaves.

11. Claire says:

@Brittany I’m thinking she must be contractually obligated to do the X. If not, I’m confused too.

12. Brandi says:

Overall I think she looks good. I would have gone without the necklace, that’s just my taste though. She’s really into this bootie thing this summer. I can tolerate these because they’re open toed & cutout. What’s with that dumb X jesture though? Please make it stop….

13. ladyluo says:

I love this outfit and for once her wig actually looks great. Great legs too!

14. GerieeB says:

Thank you Lord at least the wig has improved…as for the outfit…the blazer and shoes are cute…those shorts just remind me or something my baby cousin would wear…Overall not a good look seen her in a lot better

15. Maryse says:

The shorts and the shoes go together. And it doesn’t even bother me that they are a bit warm for July (usually, because here in the Netherlands it’s been raining ever since the calendar said it is really summer). But the top and blazer give me nothing. It should have been green, that way she would have been colour blocking but matching all the elements of the outfit together just the same.

16. Erica says:

She has killer legs. The shoes are awesome.The outfit is good. The dress jacket worn with shorts, jeans, etc. is the new thing now and I love that the 80′s are coming back. The color combination is great together. She took the smallest color in the printed shorts and picked that same color for the top to bring out the color more…#loveit

17. Dobe says:

I LOVE IT! She looks good, and there’s no denying it. Especially love those shorts and the shoes.

18. tantalizing tosh says:

She looks perfect….the necklace compliment the bracelet, the bracelet style compliment the sytle of the neck piece and the color of the bracelet compliment the shoes…her shorts make it all work…she looks fantastic but giving you a slight heads up…our blackness is not embraced and we have to work harder to impress and be seen if you are not high yellow…..I have l travelled to Italy and Paris, I am a beautiful dark skinned women and felt the shade of hate…

19. Empress says:

@Tantalizing Tosh..I AGREE with you!..Yes, the necklace compliments her bracelt..I love it…

Love Kelly’s outfit..and I am usually not a fan of her taste in clothes…As for the “getting dressed in the dark comment”…I agree with Tosh..they tend to pick at everything..and blackness is the reason why…apparentlly we can’t wear any and everything like the others…and this is a comment from a woman who isn’t even dark skinned!

I like this outfit. The color combination is interesting. The blazer and top colors look like the two blue petal/flower colors. I love how the bracelet, nails, and shoes pick up a similar color in the shorts. :)

21. Outfit is gorge. Love the heels and the shorts

22. My Response says:

I like it but i wish she would stop posing like that with her legs crossed. It looks really stupid

23. Cant put my finger on it but something is slightly off here. But it still looks kinda cute LOL

24. Miss Rina says:

Kelly is a beautiful slim girl and she can look much better than she already dose. I wish that she would get a better stylist (maybe ask her girl La La) to hook her up.

25. the truth says:

LOVE IT minus the shoes. A pump or strappy sandal would look better.

26. YoursTruly says:

Why is the hot or hmm always Kelly though? Am i missing something?

27. llehsal says:

Yuck! This look looks kinda cheap.

28. Joanne_ says:

i don’t really like the look on Kelly, maybe if she eliminated the glasses and the matching heel it would be a hit for me

29. Nunyabizniz says:

Love everything on her ‘cept for the shorts. hate them!!!!

30. addikted2fashion says:

there’s too much going on: suede orange shoes, floral shorts, big necklace, bold blue top, sunglasses, feather earrings, a blue blazer, big orange/gold bangle…..im exhausted looking at this ensemble

31. mimi says:

why is kelly always on here? nobody is checking for her..

32. Madpet says:

Hey I like it!!

33. NYKINDALOVE says:

Ms thing, the blazer makes this outfit extremely awkward!!!! The shoes bang and so do the shorts..Actually lets eliminate the blazer and you got a winner!!!

34. tasha says:

Loving the look minus the necklace…. I wish Kelly would stick to one hairstyle though…

35. [...] loving the hair: a low ponytail or sleek chignon would have been better. You might remember that Kelly Rowland rocked these shoes in orange last July. Two completely different [...]