July 12th, 2011
Boutique Spotlight, Shopping
Chicago Boutique Spotlight: Stamp’lays Executive Salon And Boutique
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Hey guys!

Intern Jihan here with a little Boutique Spotlight.

Last week I spent some time in Chicago visiting a few college friends. I had so much fun and ate a ridiculous amount of delicious food, but of course, I couldn’t leave without doing some shopping!

My friend Nora and I hopped over to Hyde Park in Southside Chicago, and stumbled upon Stamp’lays Executive Salon, where we thought we would get our nails done. Little did we know we were in for something better than just a mani!

Stamp’lays is a well-kept fashionista’s dream: A boutique featuring vintage and modern pieces in the front, and a full-functioning hair salon in the rear of the shop! Yes, you can get a wash and set and a new dress in one trip!

Stamp’lays boutique is like raiding your cool aunt’s closet who has a lust-worthy collection of vintage accessories, and clothes that are unapologetically on-trend. After a warm greeting from the owner, Kimberly Stampley, I found a fab little gray dress (about $120) I absolutely had to try on:

I’d already spent quite a lot of money in Chicago, so like a responsible adult, I did not buy it! (So proud of myself).

I did, however, need to get my hands on some jewelry! I am an unabashed accessories queen, and Stamp’lays’ selection certainly quelled my insatiable appetite (for now). Combing through the shelves featuring racks of rings, earrings, necklaces, bracelets, and cuffs at first seemed daunting, but it took Nora and I no time to find some funky, chic earrings ($28 each):

Prices range from affordable to a bit pricey ($80-400 for clothes, $10-150 for jewelry and accessories).  Still, if you’re in the Chicago area, you should check out Stamp’Lays, located at 1371 E. 53rd st. The staff is friendly and inviting, and you will definitely find something unique and stylish!

Kimberly, the owner
What do you guys think? Will you check it out?
~Jihan
Posted In
21 comments

21 Responses to “Chicago Boutique Spotlight: Stamp’lays Executive Salon And Boutique”

1. LoveIt says:

Absolutely!! I have been looking for vintage places in Chicago. Thank you!!

2. melissima says:

::definitely will be coming in! I’m a Chicago girl — how long has this boutique been hiding?! thanks for sharing the find Jihan!

3. SimplyMe says:

You should have cropped out the Check Cashing spot from the picture. lol

4. itsjustme says:

def! i have a business trip to chicago coming up.

5. Savage says:

I’m there! Thank you!

6. Cleopatra says:

This grey dress was made for you! Love it.

7. Claire says:

Jihan, I said it once, I’ll say it again. That gray dress is smashing!!

8. Mrs Windy City says:

Ok how do I live on the cusp of Hyde Park and not know of this place????!!!

Going now!

9. Nyelah C. says:

OH! I’m definitely gonna check it out. The pieces look very unique.

10. Jasmyne says:

OMG I’M ONLY A SKIP, HOP, AND A JUMP FROM HYDE PARK!! I’VE BEEN LOOKING FOR PLACES LIKE THIS IN THE CITY…DEFINITELY CHECKING IT OUT AS SOON AS I GET MY FUNDS UP! I’M SOO EXCITED LOL! NICE POST!

11. MIMI says:

Hey I have that gray dress and I love it!

12. Kayla says:

how have i NEVER heard of this and i LIVE in chicago! can’t wait to go asap! =D

13. Shaq Nichole says:

They have some really nice pieces…I so want to shop there!

14. sun.kissed says:

I was just in there the other day. They have great jewelry and clothes, but it is pricey. However, I never noticed any vintage clothing there…

15. hehe says:

Chicago is one of my favorite cities, I’ll visit Stamp’lays next time I’m there.

16. Nicole says:

What a cute lil spot. Love the decor. Are those leopard jodphur pants?!

Speaking of Chi-town, can someone from the Fashion Bomb PLEASE do a feature on Tacarra Sutton of Spifster Nails. She is an amaaaaaazing, funky nail artist. PLEASE. lol http://spifster.tumblr.com (her portfolio)

17. Mona L says:

Love the artwork, but some of those bags look questionable “/

18. candicurl says:

Thanks for hi lighting our city! we do more than food,next year please check out our choosen few house party picnic the 2nd week of july , and the taste of chicago right before that-both are very fashionable and fun!

19. Jihan says:

@candicurl no problem! It was my pleasure! It was my first time in Chitown and I had a blast. Definitely going back… but not in the winter, you won’t catch me there! I’ll have to check those events out next year!

20. Dena says:

I live not too far from this salon/boutique. Kim Stampley was my hair stylist for a short time also. She is beyond shady. The items she sells can easily be found on the North Side of Chicago for super cheap. Her markup is ridiculous. Save your time & your money. I stopped going to her salon because she talked about her clients like dogs behind their backs. As soon as a client left Kim would go in on the person.

21. Sandra says:

@Dena I been dealing with this salon for years and spent many hours there have never heard anything of the sort. I think you clearly have the wrong place or maybe you have the right place. What God have for you is for you but I’ve got get items here and will keep getting them. & for as getting items cheap well we all would if your a buyer. you think dept stores are not buying super cheap…. :) Blessing