July 11th, 2011
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm
Weekend Hot! or Hmm….: Jennifer Lopez, Lance Gross, Zoe Saldana, and more!

Happy Monday!
My weekend was full–I had lots of fun shopping around and attending a wedding. Stars were spied getting pretty for various summer events.

Let’s take a look, shall we?

J. Lo brought that old thing back at the Bafta Brits to Watch Awards in London. The sultry mogul wore an Emilio Pucci embroidered sleeve gown with a saucy cut out. Though some Brits bristled at La Lopez’s…exposed outfit (the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were in the building), I think she looks hot! The color is amazing, and if I had those abs, I’d show ‘em off too. You better work!

Rihanna was papped in New York rocking a bright white ruched dress outfitted with a thigh high slit. Lord knows I love a high slit and the hair bow is super cute, but I’m a bit confused by the sneaker choice. Comfort is key, but hmm…a ballet flat or a reasonable wedge would have been more appropriate for this megawatt star.

Zoe Saldana joined the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at this weekend’s The Foundation Polo Challenge At The Santa Barbara Polo And Racquet Club. She looked positively radiant in a flowy Chloé halter neck dress, Valentino wedges, and a Lanvin clutch. The keyhole detail and chic belt are nice touches. She knows she’s hot!

Rosario Dawson was also on hand at the Polo Challenge, wearing an LBD with sassy printed pumps. Hmm, while a little black dress works on most occasions, summer months call for color! A vibrant hue and a flirty hem would have been a tad more interesting.

Lance Gross celebrated his 30th birthday in D.C. in a white v-neck sweater, khakis, and black sneakers. I’m loving the subtle accents: chic readers, rosary beads, and a Jesus piece. Simply fly and definitely hot!
Keri Hilson indulged her sweet tooth at the Sugar Factory in Vegas wearing a military inspired general’s hat, black leather paneled bustier top with yellow accents, olive green pencil skirt, and cute black suede mary janes. I’m usually not on Keri’s side with most of her ensembles, but this one was cute, and so befitting for the atmosphere. I like how the sass of the skirt balances the edginess of the bustier and cap. Hot!

Regina King was spotted walking in the closing ceremonies of the American Black Film Festival in Miami Beach. She wore a very cute and very short playsuit, accented by a broad yellow belt and strappy gold sandals. Her body looks great, but the outfit is looking a little young. Hmm…

Lastly, Mary J. Blige performed at the Beverly Wilshire Four Seasons this weekend in a royal blue cowl neck dress, cinched at the waist with a large black belt. The dress was perfect against her skin tone, and the length of it was great for her to move around on stage. I’ll admit, the belt is a bit distracting. Something smaller might have been more flattering, but this is a hot look overall.

That does it!

Who rocked it and socked it for you?

27 Responses to “Weekend Hot! or Hmm….: Jennifer Lopez, Lance Gross, Zoe Saldana, and more!”

1. BrownEsoterica says:

Loving Regina King’s outfit! I love it so much I’m wondering where I can get it! lol

2. shely says:

love Rhianna’s outfit its so her

3. sun.kissed says:

J Lo takes it clearly, but that’s not the same dress as Bey’s. Not feeling Keri’s look, I’m tired of seeing her in dark colors. If the colors were more fun I’d be on board.

4. Courtney says:

I loved everyone’s look with the exception of Rosario Dawson and Mary J…Mary please remove the belt!!!

5. Not a huge fan of Keri’s outfit but for the most part everyone looks Fab!!

6. Claire says:

@sun.kissed I stand corrected. It’s a similar dress from the same collection, definitely not the same. Post updated, thx!

7. zimbabwechic says:

J.Lo looked tacky especially in the environment she was in and as a Catholic it drives me nuts when people wear rosaries as a fashion statement ugh!

8. the truth says:

J. Lo looked really tacky and desperate at the event. She can definitely flaunt her package but there’s a time and a place. Zoe looks nice.

9. Martinique_Fr says:

J.Lo is always Hot! I saw what other celebrities wore to that event, and people bore skin…nuff said.
    Keri always try too hard in my opinion.
    Love RiRi’s entire look.
    Zoe looks beautiful…not everyone can wear that dress.
    I love Regina, but that palysuit is too Forever 21 ish.
    I’m MJB’s #1 fan, but she needs to take a break from the bronzer.

10. ladyluo says:

I give the win to Zoe. JLo has rocked a version of that dress over and over. Can she try something fresh besides skin tight for once???

11. yusufswifee says:

mary has been looking extra ____________ lately. Something’s off…not sure…maybe the hair/wig. Jlo is my fave. She is definitely back!

12. katie says:

J. Lo looks good but I would like that dress shorter like the Naven Cut Out Dress

13. Genie says:

Rosario, like “a day of shopping” as versus “a day at a major event with Will & Kate”. Hmmm, Riri . . . I can always tell when she dresses herself . . . there is always something that is “not right”.

14. Crystal says:

i don’t care what the even was…jennifer lopez looks amazing. this woman is in her 40′s, had twins and is killing all the 30 and 20 somethings out today. wtf does mary have on that belt! she fails every time!

15. yeahyeah says:

Zoe looks the best…Rosario and jlo look tacky as hell…

16. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

NOT a Jesus piece! It’s called a rosary.

17. Tifani says:

Rihanna’s look is so young and fresh, she looks so sporty-chic to me!!!!!! J.lo usually get’s it right, this time her dress get’s a hmm!!!! The cut-outs on the dress revealed a little too much skin for my liking and something about the embroidery on her sleeve rubs me the wrong way!!!!!

18. Madpet says:

JLo is looking might good in that green dress. And I love Zoe Saldana’s look also. And Lance is so fioone!!!!

19. Grace says:

Zoe and J Lo look AMAZING.
    Ri Ri looks like she is about to trip over her dress
    Regina gets a pass b/c her body is BANGING
    Rosaria looks frumpy/dumpy
    Keri looks overstyled per usual..
    Mary: lose that horrible blond hair!

20. Empress says:

That look is sooo Rhi Rhi.I love the way she doesn’t wear heels all the time…sporty chic I call it…
    J-LO dress is nice..but she could have toned it down a little esp at that time of event!..
    Not a fan of Keri warddrobe in the past..but I like the outfit she has on right here.
    Mary…umm the belt looks weird….
    Rosario- Not feeling the bulky black dress…
    Regina’s play suit is young looking..but her body is amazing…
    Lance Gross…looks cute..I like my men dressed like that

I’m with Crystal, Jennifers body is the truth. Two kids and as far as I know, no boob/butt implants or plastic surgery, just hittin the gym…..can’t hate on that.

22. MSAW says:

I love Mary J. Great singer – amazing life story but wow Mary J never looks good. :(

23. J-Lo is wearing the hell out of that dress! WERK!

24. Derianne says:

Keri always tries too hard..sorry
    Rosario looked dowdy
    Everyone else very nice/cool/sweet
    Loved Zoe’s dress!

25. Dom says:

Zoe looks super fly! Love Rhi’s white maxi as well.

26. Ai Margera says:

I thought J. Lo looked stunning as did Zoe Saldana. Rosario could have done better for the type of event it was. Rihanna…next… and yes, please tell us where to find the outfit Regina King is wearing. She looks great!!!!!

27. tasha says: