July 8th, 2011
Fashion News
By Jihan

• The tally is in! Pieces from Prada‘s seemingly omnipresent Spring/Summer 2011 collection made 77 covers this year. As much as I loved this collection (those baroque shades will live forever in my heart), I’m a little glad fall is coming up. It’s time to retire that black and citrus-colored stripe dress! New looks, please and thank you! (Fashionista)

Willow Smith has released black and white photos picturing intimate moments with her family. The Smiths: They’re just like us! These photos make me long for the good ‘ol days, when I was recording my debut album at 10 years old in a multimillion dollar studio that belonged to a good friend of my father who also happened to be one of the most powerful men in the music industry. I love when marketing ploys intentionally fill me with sweet nostalgia! (Necole Bitchie)

• When will the masses see pieces from Azzedine Alaïa‘s first ever haute couture show? Time can only tell. Like Tom Ford’s Fall 2011 RTW show, the presentation was only open to a few lucky fashion insiders. (UK Telegraph)

Anna Wintour was awarded the French Legion of Honor by President Nicolas Sarkozy yesterday. In true Wintour style, she rocked a Chanel haute couture suit fresh off the runway from the night before.  (UK Telegraph)

• Even models have dry spells! In a recent interview with Bossip, Jessica White tells us “I’ve been celibate now for almost a year. So, the next person that I’m with will be the person, hopefully, that I marry.” Do we believe her? (HuffPost)

~Jihan

15 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Prada S/S’11 Collection Covered The Most Magazines This Year, Anna Wintour Awarded The French Legion of Honor, and Willow Smith Releases “Private” Family Photos”

1. RubyRu says:

*Sigh*

I wish Will Smith was my daddy and no! Not in a sexual way, get y’all minds out the gutter…!

…Actually, come to think of it… ;-)

2. mzri says:

Jihan you are freaking hilarious!

3. missb says:

I don’t believe Jessica but ehh maybe she is serious.

4. sun.kissed says:

Anna looks scary and NO WE DON’T BELIEVE YOU JESSICA!

5. Miss Smith says:

UGH! I’m itching to see Alaia’s collection!

6. zimbabwechic says:

Anna Wintour, is the worst thing to ever happen to fashion IMHO

7. yusufswifee says:

this would explain her anger issues. Celibacy does bring about some clarity…but whatever:-)

8. dyshaun says:

Why would she be lying? And why would we care if she were lying? On a fashion note, hate that dress!

9. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

That dress was ubiquitous, and it looked a little different on everyone that wore it (Hailee Stanfield nailed it though). So glad to see it go though…

10. candylicker says:

I love Thandie, ever since Beloved:
    Thouch me on the inside part…

11. Reita Melton says:

Great post!

12. [...] Legion of Honor, the highest accolade a civilian can be afforded. If you remember, Anna Wintour received this same award last year. Congratulations to Ms. Sozzani! [...]