July 7th, 2011
Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• Who are the new faces of T by Alexander Wang? None other than Santigold and Spankrock! Taking notes from Prabal Gurung, Wang released an ad campaign accompanied by a music video with a catchy tune. See it here:(Style File)

• The recession might have forced Christian Lacroix to leave his namesake, but thanks to the growing popularity of designer collaborations, we don’t have to live without his brilliance for very long. Teaming up with Spanish brand Desigual, Lacroix creates a fall collection that doesn’t skimp on texture or embellishments. These looks almost make me comfortable with the idea of cooler weather…. almost. (Fashionista)

Illamasqua has launched a campaign with funeral directors Leverton & Sons. In what they call “The Final Act of Self-Expression,” for upwards of £450, you can create a makeup look for your own funeral. Let’s see how many people get open eyes painted on their closed eyelids. I know Lady Gaga is a fan of the look. (Kiss and Makeup)

• How many different signature scents does one celebrity need? For Jennifer Lopez, no fewer than 17.  When asked in a recent interview on QVC which of her fragrances she wears the most, Lopez said: “It’s hard to pick just one. Each scent represents a different part of myself. I wear each of them based on how I am feeling at a particular moment or on a particular day. Wearing fragrance should be fun and playful!” 17 different scents sounds a little too playful to me. (Stylelist)

• New York City’s Power 105.1 DJ Angela Yee has a $70,000 shoe collection. Yes, her shoe collection is worth more than the average American’s salary! Yee tells Pynk magazine: “I could probably buy a house.” Why would you want a house when you could have Louboutin Privé’s instead? (Necole Bitchie)

~Jihan

16 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Santigold And Spankrock For T by Alexander Wang, Power 105.1 DJ Angela Yee has a $70,000 Shoe Collection, and J. Lo Discusses Her Signature Scents”

1. t says:

ok i’ll bite about the shoe thing…yeah you probably should have a house of your own if you own $70,000 worth of shoes…not hating but the wealthy ppl i know don’t spend their money on this foolishness. *ducks under desk, waits for someone to thrown louboutin at her*

2. EntertainmentsFuture says:

WOW @ Angela Yee.. I’m sure its an accumulated shoe collection, not a one time splurge of 70gs

3. tia says:

wow…I love shoes with a passion but I love my house more. Gotta have somewhere to store the shoes.

4. Haviland says:

she sounds real stupd saying why have a house when you can have shoes..note to Angela Yee..people still going into foreclosure..have some sensitivity for the current economic crisis we are in.. you idiot

5. Mona L says:

Angela Yee is a classic example of “hoes winning”

6. Apples&Oranges says:

That’s not how I’d spend my money, but to each his own.

7. yusufswifee says:

@mona L – I am so mad at you right now:-)

8. t says:

lol@ mona! TOO True.

9. t says:

i know this collection accumulated over time, but at some point (before the $70,000 mark) you’d think she’d say “wow i have a lot of shoes” or look at her bank statement and say ” wow, what i’m spending on shoes monthly is a mortgage payment!” I mean even carrie bradshaw has a financial epiphany eventually! unless Angela isn’t the one buying the shoes…this yes this is a ” #hoesbewinning” example if i’ve ever seen one!

10. Layla says:

Wow

11. Gemini says:

Angela Yee sounds really stupid! I mean there are people who are starving and homeless who wish they could live in a house. And she has such a boastful outlook on life. smh @ people like her.

She needs 2 use that $70,000 on a new brain!

12. Myssdee says:

I didn’t want to respond to Gemini’s comment because this blog is a classy blog…I have to say to Gemini…unless you are out there helping YOURSELF…please do not be quick to judge others.

Moving on…Santigold rocks
    Looking forward to seeing the collaboration between Christian Lacroix & Desigual

13. KBS says:

“Why would you want a house when you could have Louboutin Privé’s instead?” —>Negroidian

I like the Santigold collab

14. MIMI says:

If I’m not mistaking she does have a pretty good job, secondly we do not know if she owns a home or not and last we do not know how long she has been collecting shoes and $70,000 really doesn’t sound that bad to me. We all have our vices so shoes are hers (and mine) lol

15. MIMI says:

Okay so she does NOT own a home…. nevermind… carry on…lol

16. bobcat says:

a couple of us need to read more carefully.. the “why would you want a house…” is jihan’s comment, not angela yee’s. your insensitivity ire is misdirected. also, studies have proven time and again that it makes NO sense to buy in nyc. everyone has their vice(s). leave the girl and her shoe collection alone.