July 6th, 2011
Style Inspiration, Vacation, What to Wear
Style Inspiration: What to Wear to a Luau

Carrah says, “I am attending a luau and it will start in the day and fall in to the evening. Can you show me an appropriate yet stand out look?”
Hey! I’ve never been to a luau, but when I think of one, I get visions of tropical shapes, vibrant colors, and flirty hems. For a daytime luau, a sarong would be a nice choice, worn over a bathing suit:

For night I’d either convert my sarong into a dress by tying two corners of the hem around my neck, or slip on a slick one shoulder dress that offers a bit of Hawaiian punch:

Which look would you rock?
And if you’ve been to a luau, would these be good choices?

9 Responses to “Style Inspiration: What to Wear to a Luau”

1. EntertainmentsFuture says:

I would wear both just as you suggested. The first look for day, the 2nd for the evening.. This post alone makes me want to go to the islands..

2. Lynn Shayvon says:

this look is great and its my style. the colors come together and its not to much. i love it.

I have actually been to a few luau’s. One in Hawaii and when it is on the beach you do not want to wear heels trust me its so uncomfortable. Just wear a maxi or sun dress with lots of jewelry and some cute flat sandals. Luau’s are normally a pretty chill event :)

4. sun.kissed says:

I love the second look. Cool and chic.

I love the bathing suit.

6. I love them both and plan to use these looks to inspire me for my trip to Hawaaii next month! Thanks!

7. Myssdee says:

PERFECT LOOKS
    THAT BATHING SUIT IS MINES! MINES! MINES!

8. [...] for your Fourth of July luau? And if you need a few more wardrobe ideas, take a peak at an older What to Wear to a Luau post for your style [...]

9. [...] for your Fourth of July luau? And if you need a few more wardrobe ideas, take a peak at an older What to Wear to a Luau post for your style [...]