July 5th, 2011
Beauty, Hot or Hmm
Weekend Beauty Hot! or Hmm…: Rihanna, Selita Ebanks, Tika Sumpter, and More!
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Happy Tuesday, Fashion Bombshells! I hope your Fourth of July weekend was filled with fun, food, and fly outfits.

Most of our fave celebs kicked it at the Essence Music Festival this past weekend so let’s see who did what with hair and makeup…

Though Rihanna wasn’t at the Essence Fest, she did party it up at a club this weekend in a red matte lip paired with teal eyeshadow. While pairing both bold eye and bold lips can be a tricky combo for many to pull off, the “Loud” singer pulls it off fantastically as usual. Hot!

Does Selita Ebanks ever have a bad day? Uh–no! She looked flawless as usual and her newest blonde-highlighted cropped ‘do is making me almost miss my relaxer. Hot!

It’s like every beautiful person in Black Hollywood brought their hot self out to Essence this weekend. Can we get into how smooth and glowy Tika Sumpter‘s skin looks? LOVE the simple makeup and sleek strands. She’s sitting down but I bet she’s rocking the mess out of that LaQuan Smith dress. HOT!

And the awesome skin doesn’t stop—Letoya Luckett worked her creamy skin with soft pink gloss and her signature swoop bang. Go ‘head, Toya!

BrendaRegina King looked her usual flawless self. Keshia Knight Pulliam is such a gorgeous girl—her hair is on point as usual and I love the makeup. Sandwiching Lance Gross in between the beauties just makes this hotness overload.

Jill Scott took a breather from performing in Jeffrey Campbell’s Tick Booties and looks just great doing so. Love the hair and the slight smoky eye/red lip combo. And do I see a cheek contour? Honey’s face is BEAT. HOT!

Garcelle Beauvais kicked it looking like she owns majority stock in the Fountain of Youth. Though I could have done with a slightly fuller brow, her hair, skin, and makeup are EVERYTHING!

Celebrity makeup artist du jour Sam Fine and celebrity hairstylist extraordinaire Oscar James snapped pics with ATL Housewives Cynthia Bailey and Nene Leakes at the My Black is Beautiful booth. Looking GOOD all around. HOT!

And finally newly minted Essence Editor-in-Chief Constance White and Essence.com Managing Editor Emil Wilbekin posed for a pic. I’ve loved Constance’s style since she was the fashion director at eBay. Love her smooth skin and natural hair and makeup here.

And that rounds it out. I may need to grab my inhaler after looking at all these pics. EVERYONE did it for me this weekend. How about you? Who were your favorites this week?
~Danielle

17 Responses to “Weekend Beauty Hot! or Hmm…: Rihanna, Selita Ebanks, Tika Sumpter, and More!”

1. Morning Peeps! Damn I should have taken my behind to Essence! Everyone was flawless! Love Jill S.! Sidenote” I swear Rihanna is always mean muggin!

2. llehsal says:

Rihanna and Jill…that is all.

3. Rihanna looks better w/o makeup, Garcelle Beauvais & Tika Sumpter look flawless.

4. bella says:

rihanna looks clownish. for once i really don’t like her makeup.

everyone in pics 2-7 look nice! tika…omg…flawless. lmao @ brenda.

6. Gemini says:

I agree with Bella she looks like a clown. I don’t see what is gorgeous about her at all. You can call me a hater I don’t care she looks really old and tired.

7. Miss Smith says:

Goodness everyone looked gorgeous except Rih Rih. I always think that if you do a bold lip, then you should keep everything else simple. *shrugs* Guess that’s just me.

8. Nunyabizniz says:

Are Lance Gross and Tika Sumpter related? no, for real are they? They can easily play twins in a Tyler Perry movie… just sayin’
    I wanna snatch those shoes on Jill Scott feet… HOT!
    Garcelle looks flawless! Danielle, please let people’s brows be great, you crack me up for real with all the brows remarks… LOL

9. shanita102 says:

Beautiful!!! All around!

10. Afia says:

@Nunyabizniz yo they really do look aloke, same nose same glisten in their eye, and same smile* (thats crazy lols)
    Anywho tika looks fab, i simply love this woman. We need more brown skinned girls in the hollywood scene*

11. Joanne_ says:

everyone looks great…maybe Regina King should take a break from the gym….that body is hard! LOL

Tika looks great but if I see one more celeb wear that dress…hmmmm

My favorite has to be Selita this week!

12. My Response says:

um, where can i get Jill’s shoes?

With the right complexion you can pull off Rihanna’s look. i don’t like it though

13. Danielle says:

@ Nunyabizniz LOL! I can’t help it. Brows do so much for the face :D

14. MSAW says:

Keshia Knight Pulliam is toooo gorgeous! Do it girl!

15. B. says:

Selita Ebanks looking that hot AND having Trey Songz kissing her cheek at the same time… is it even legal to have such a good life? *sigh*
    She’s pretty amazing. Rihanna is working the heck out of that colour combination! I love Tika Sumpter and Jill Scott as well.

16. Empress says:

I love Rihanna but the bold eye shadow and lipstick combo is a NO NO..Everyone looks great..Garcelle looks flawless but that didn’t stop her husband from having an affair…ooops.. *shrugs*