July 1st, 2011
Celebrity Style, Trend
Celebrities Love…Mark Fast

Fashion Bomb celebrities have found a new favorite: London based designer Mark Fast.

His sultry knit creations have been spied on Ciara, Nicki Minaj, , and Rihanna:

Mark Fast grew up in Canada and studied at Central Saint Martins in the UK. The 30-year-old molds each knitted piece to the body, stitching lycra with luxury wool using innovative techniques.

The result? Saucy, look-at-me pieces with alluring peek-a-boo details:

Do you love? He is très cher, but you can peruse the available items (most of them are exclusively sold in London):

Whose Mark Fast outfit do you like the most?

*Update: Though it was widely reported that Beyonce wore Mark Fast to her GMA performance, she actually wore Julien MacDonald:

Thanks to the several Bombshells who pointed this out! xoxo

41 Responses to “Celebrities Love…Mark Fast”

1. I am so in love with his designs…his looks are Modern day Gigi Hunter …google her ;) …..

2. Ashley says:

@ sharde I feel you on the GIGI’s. Im from Detroit and GIGI’s and Coogi’s were on everybody.. sick designs.

3. yusufswifee says:

loooooves…when I saw this pic of beyonce I was like…now there is my King B!!!! Fabulous!

4. sun.kissed says:

I like a few of them, the one white one Nicki has on and the one Rihanna has on on the cover. Definitely not feeling the majority.

5. Im from there as well @ Ashley ;) but right the Gigi Hunter and Coogi swEater dresses soooooooo popular when we were in highschool OMG lol …But yes her designs were totally sick!! And so are Mr. Mark Fast’s!!

6. Bronze says:

This is the perfect designer for R&B singers. Puts them in the spirit of Tina Turner.

7. Kapri_H says:

OMG, GiGi Hunter dresses, yes! (Detroit native)

8. LovelyLady says:

Mark Fast dresses are HOT! Loving his pieces, especially the dress Bey and Ciara wore.

9. chantel says:

Love Love Love it!

10. MsParker says:

LOVE IT! Makes me want to get in the gym asap

11. I like the designs a lot! A good way to show off your fit bod!

12. Dinka Don says:

Everybody worked it well… except Nicki of course. Yuck. She looked good in it when ELLE styled her, ’cause God knows she can’t style herself

13. Nikki K. says:

I do like the dresses. This post though does bring to mind another post about whether Mashonda’s dress (with the sheer sides and low neckline) was sexy or raunchy. Some of these Mark Fast dresses are just as revealing, but there doesn’t seem to be as much (or any) controversy attached them. I wonder if it’s who’s wearing them or who designed them or what…that makes the difference in how we receive them.

14. Bribri says:

I’ve been in love with Mark’s designs. His pieces are wool art.

15. Gemini says:

I like Bey’s dress the other ones are aight. I guess it is better suited for those who have the body figure. I really like the yellow one!!!

16. cmbrown827 says:

I’m from Detroit and the first thing that came to my mind is that his designs remind me of GiGi Hunter too!!

17. Mona L says:

I have a pair of his leggings they are amaze!

18. Georgia says:

According to Red Carpet Fashion Awards, Beyonce’s is a Julien McDonald dress, not Mark Fast: http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2011/07/01/beyonce-knowles-in-julien-macdonald-good-morning-america/

19. Em says:

The yellow Beyonce dress is a Julien MacDonald, not a Mark Fast!

20. Claire says:

@Em and @Georgia Mark Fast suggests on Twitter and on Facebook that Beyonce’s dress is indeed his design:
    So either he’s telling a white lie or *gasp* Red Carpet Fashion Awards is wrong.
    It happens, they’re just a blog like we are….

xoxo

21. Beccy says:

Well if it’s Julian Macdonald he totally ripped of his work! Don’t steal someones signature style!!!

22. Beccy says:

Also he doesn’t actually say anywhere That it’s his dress he merely says she looks great…..! Quite ironic though that everyone thinks it’s Mark Fast cause you would have to agree on looking at it… Therefore Julian Macdonald is a rip off!

23. Claire says:

@Beccy He doesn’t explicitly say it, but neither does Julien MacDonald
    If I were a designer, I’d want to take credit for Beyonce wearing one of my garments, no?
    Unless Red Carpet Fashion Awards received some sort of scoop (totally possible since her site focuses on identifying fashion), then ok. But she’s the absolute only site reporting it as Julien MacDonald and not Mark Fast. Also she admitted to thinking it was Mark Fast, so who knows, maybe someone tipped her off. The intrigue continues…

24. Alexis says:

YES I love MARK FAST too… I wish he’d send me a white dress to wear to all the white parties I’m hosting! Mark if you’re reading this send me a dress!! lol @Alexislovesme

25. binks says:

@Nikki K you do bring up a good point. But I think it is more about who wore it or who design it that sadly gets a pass a lot of times because MaShonda’s dress isn’t any different these saucy dresses, showing skin is still showing skin regardless. But I do like the design of Rihanna(on the cover) and even Ciara’s dresses but I can’t really seeing any of these translating well to daily life.

26. Cherokee says:

Thanks Claire for introducing me to Mark Fast. I love all of the designs. I have a design in my head that I would love to have made.

27. Claire says:

@Nikki I agree, good point about them being revealing. I think a large part of wearing clothes is understanding your body type and what you can/can’t wear if you want to send a certain message. Thin women can get away with low cut/sheer/cutouts more than thick.
    It reminds of this time in junior high…I went to a school with a somewhat strict dress code. They would send you home if your shorts or skirts didn’t touch the tip of your fingertips. At any rate I had these shorts from the GAP and another thin girl had the same shorts. I was very voluptuous back in the day…suffice it to say I was called into the office and asked to change while the other girl went off Scot free.
    Just as I know a super thin girl can get away with wearing one of those slinky American Apparel dresses while I’d just look like a street walker.
    It’s about knowing your body and what will work for you and what you can/can’t get away with.

28. Toni says:

Hi there,
    Ty Hunter, Bey’s stylist, confirmed on twitter that it is indeed Julien Macdonald.

29. B. says:

I love the design Nicki is wearing in her Elle shoot so much as well as the one Rihanna is wearing on the Marie Claire cover.

30. pz says:

oh ok…i was gonna say Bey’s is a Julien McDonald.

31. Claire says:

Everybody, I stand corrected. Celebs still love Mark Fast, but Beyonce is not, in fact one of them (yet). Post updated, many thanks. Have great long weekends. xoxo

32. esme says:

i like a lot of his designs, they’re sexy and they flatter the body as well. i know one of the reasons i thought mashonda’s outfit was vulgar is the fact that she has very large breasts and they were falling out of the top of the lowcut neckline of the dress with little support. i think it’s very important to not only pay attention to how a piece of clothing looks but if it compliments your figure and shape.

33. Grace says:

My favorites are the Elle and Marie Claire covers

xx Grace

34. Joanne_ says:

yikes! not a fan of it all, it reminds me of the hoodboogers who go to the club with ripped stockings for an outfit. But Bey is werkin it!

35. Cara says:

Recently, Vogue says Julien Macdonald and Elle says Mark Fast. Does anyone know which one for sure?

36. FabBarbieKeya says:

I think am IN LOVE with this designer.

37. [...] found both looks! She says, “Kaleena Harper is wearing a knit and fringe dress from Mark Fast (a celeb favorite), also worn by Nicki Minaj in V Magazine’s February 2011 [...]

38. [...] both looks! She says, “Kaleena Harper is wearing a knit and fringe dress from Mark Fast (a celeb favorite), also worn by Nicki Minaj in V Magazine’s February 2011 [...]

39. Darcey Yoder says:

Exactly what I was looking for

40. Hello i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anyplace, when i read this article i thought i could also create comment due to this good article.