June 29th, 2011
Style Inspiration, Wedding, What to Wear
Style Inspiration: What to Wear to Your Bridal Shower

A reader by the name of ‘Soon to be Mrs. C,‘ wrote in saying, “I’m getting married in September and my bridal shower is in July. What does one wear to one’s own bridal shower??”
Great question! I recently attended one of my good friend’s bridal showers and she looked positively lovely in a one shoulder fuchsia knee length cocktail and gray Vivienne Westwood x Melissa heels. Her makeup and hair were whipped to the gods–perfect for greeting guests! So my only advice to you (aside from looking pretty) would be that if you wear a dress or a skirt, make sure it’s long enough. My friend opened her presents while sitting on a chair, surrounded by people who were both on couches and on the floor. You don’t want to flash all your friends as you sit in their midst opening gifts! Add some kick to your ensemble with a pair of fun shoes and a funky bag to boot:
Get the items above plus more options here:

I tried to keep prices down, how did I do?

*If you’re a guest, you can use these rules, too.

8 Responses to “Style Inspiration: What to Wear to Your Bridal Shower”

1. RC Marie says:

looove the bag & shoes !

2. Madame CJ says:

Thanks sooo much, Claire!!

3. cheeky says:

Claire you did superb! I really love the outfit you selected (even down to those Michael Antonio shoes who I despise just because I hate cheaply made shoes) but that whole outfit is just perfect. GREAT JOB!

4. Mari says:

Not feeling this look. I find it boring. Shrug

5. addikted2fashion says:

the grey skirt seems too “business-like” for the bride to wear for an event thats focused on her. Especially since its a July shower. You can do a pencil skirt, but do a fun color so that you still seem “dressed-up” but not like you’re going to an office meeting.
    you may even want to wear your wedding colors. I have seen many brides do that at their shower (if they know in advance).

6. Indigo says:

Good look @ Shalimar…

7. Cherokee says:

Funny, i’m attending a bridal shower for someone in July who is getting married in September and I am on the hunt for a dress. Jessica Simpson has some really nice dresses on her website.

8. Rebecca says:

I am going to be in a wedding soon, and I dont like this at all for a bridal shower, theres on effort! Nothing special about it, disappointed!