June 22nd, 2011
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm

The delightfully petite Adrienne Bailon attended Alize’s Mix Squad Debut Party in New York wearing an on trend cropped top buttressed by a hard candy watermelon skirt by designer LaQuan Smith:

The outfit was eye catching enough, so she finished it off with a simple beige snakeskin clutch and black YSL Tribtoo pumps.

Dearest LaQuan…I’m gonna need that skirt! I think this look is super cute, though it might have popped even more with a snakeskin or beige shoe. But then again, wouldn’t it be too matchy matchy?
What say you?

43 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm….: Adrienne Bailon in LQS by LaQuan Smith at Alize’s Mix Squad Debut Party”

1. Amy says:

I like the outfit but I’m not feeling the shoes with it. I think I would like it better if she had worn something different on her feet.

2. Dom says:

Love the outfit, hate the shoes. Snakeskin/beige would DEF have been too much as well. Perhaps a light gold shoe would have brought the ZING

3. court says:

I have this shirt and I wore it just as good or better… go me!!!!!! She looks cute tho

4. EntertainmentsFuture says:

I agree Claire,I think a nude shoe would be too matchy matchy. However a snakeskin pump or peep toe would do the trick. The Black is a little severe

5. Jackie says:

I agree. I like the outfit but she should’ve gone with a different shoe. Since she was trying to keep the feet simple beige would’ve worked better.

6. Carmen says:

I agree Amy… the shoes just look too heavy…s trappy metallic sandal would have looked much better.. I love the skirt

7. BOOBOO says:

I lik the fit minus the shoes but not on her. She looks lik she is 15.
    I love love that purse!!

8. Mrs Windy City says:

I agree with all the comments about her shoe, its too heavy and severe for a pink and beige combo. She could have did a host of peep-toe shoe or strappy sandals.

Otherwise her body is ridiculous! She wore it well

9. ta_ta says:

Who makes that pink shoe that the model is wearing?

10. Cute! I guess she played it as safe as she knew how?

11. yusufswifee says:

you know, I’m fine with this…I’m sure it were me and I was heading out the door I wouldn’t reach for black pumps…but it doesn’t bug me as much as some other things I seen…maybe she didn’t have time for a pedi…:-) That skirt is banging

12. nikki says:

I really wanna know where I can purchase some of this fabulous clothing !?

13. Nunyabizniz says:

She looks perfect, shoes and all… Love it!!!

14. addikted2fashion says:

wrong shoes on a celeb…once again. these chicks need stylists that specialize in choosing the right shoe.

15. dyshaun says:

Cute.

16. Jaz says:

I would like it if the shirt was longer , and tucked into the skirt. I do like the hot pink skirt, and a snakeskin shoe would have been fab. The black shoe isnt bad, but there are better choices

17. sun.kissed says:

Loves the outfit, but that shoe is hideous with this look. I just don’t get it. SN: Is anybody still drinking Alize (in my K-Ci singing voice)?

18. Kitana says:

This outfit is the bomb. Should’ve worn a different color shoe, but she still looks awesome…

19. Adriana says:

Gotta say hmmm only because of the top. The skirt and shoes are great, but the belly shirt could be replaced

20. Brandi says:

Like many I think the outfit is cute, she has a hot bod, hate the shoe with it. @Claire, I know there’s the thing about being too matchy matchy but sometimes you just have to do it.

21. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

A snakeskin would have added some texture, but nude would be too safe, plus she might have run the risk of wearing those damn Mary Janes. It’s a hot look.

22. wallflower says:

Love this outfit, but agree with the shoe thing. I was thinking maybe a colorful pump? Marigold or Hunter Green? Light Blue?

23. wallflower says:

Yeah, light blue. Not a chunky Kim K platform pump, a sleek and sexy JLo pump with an almond toe.

24. tantalizing tosh says:

I absolutely love the outfit….would never had chose to wear black shoes with it…i would have wore silver or gold or a triple toned shoe of nude, fushia and orange or fushia leopard print…the list goes on.. something to break the monotony but keeping it stylish…

25. Tam says:

The dark show doesn’t work with this. I see she got new bbobs, that must be the reason for the cropped top.
    By the way, what does she do? And how can she afford these labels? Just asking!!

But, she looks cute!

26. Gemini says:

Yann.

27. lish says:

I love the outfit…the color the cut…it reminds me of the 90s!

28. love says:

I like it even though I shouldn’t… Because its a sleeve less turtle neck lol. But I think its so pretty n cute minus the black shoes.

29. FashionOne says:

I think she looks cute…however I agree the black pump is to heavy, a snakeskin pump would have killed this look!

30. Gemini says:

Oops I mean to say yawn

31. binks says:

I’ am just not seeing it, that outfit is not cute to me

32. Skyy Roberts says:

Her makeup is pretty… but she doesn’t look like herself

33. No Ma’am! That is straight tacky! Love the skirt tho….

34. Grace says:

Are celebrities going out of their way lately to wear inappropriate shoes w/their outfits?! If this is a new “trend”, then I’m not with it…

35. Adrienne says:

I agree with you Claire! That black pump is all wrong! I would’ve liked to see the outfit with a snakeskin something, possibly a wedge.

36. XIXI says:

No shade, but it looks how it’s supposed to look *FABULOUS* on the model….some clothing/trends us petite girls should stay away from & this is one of em

37. i wish she wore a different shoe =/

38. LaQuan , LaQuan LaQuan!!! I am so in love with LaQuan’s designs …Im sure all my fashionistas will agree that his clothes will look hot on anybody…not to mention im a sucker for neon brights and nudes (i dunno maybe its the 80′s baby in me 1985 ;-)… But from Nicki Minaj to BET’s Rip the RunWay I have loved this kid (esp on my girl Nicki!!) and Miss Bailon is absolutely gorg..love this

39. yull brenner says:

FUCK THE OUTFIT PEOPLE, ADRIENNE BAILON IS SMOKING HOT! I WOULD 69 HER ALL DAY!WHO CARES ABOUT THE CLOTHES, SHE HAS A PERFECT FIGURE AND SHE LOOKS DAMN GOOD!

40. zy says:

the outfit is great, the shoe killed it for me though. it just wasn’t cohesive once she threw that big ole black shoe on…

41. esme says:

i agree that the shoes don’t work with the outfit. i think i would’ve either went really colorful or with a nude color if i wanted keep all attention on the outfit.

42. shonda says:

I love this look….SO WHAT! if the shoe was off…which i think it didn’t totally ruin the outfit….I love pink! i love pencil skirts! and i love crop tops….especially if you have the bust and the hourglass shape to match(which i do ha!) i will absolutly copycat this out fit :)