June 21st, 2011
Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Janelle Monae, M.I.A, Kanye West and Esperanza Spalding are all featured in this month’s W magazine’s “Behind the Muses” spread. (Coco & Creme)

• For his fall 2011 campaignChristian Louboutin superimposes his shoes onto famous paintings like Marie-Guillemine Benoist’s Portrait d’une Negresse. The ads are supposed to show the shoes for the “works of art” they truly are. (UK Telegraph)

• Start saving that change you found in the couch… Naomi Campbell is releasing a line of jeans she’s designed in conjunction with Italian fashion brand Fiorucci for Spring/Summer 2012. (Sassybella)

• For $30 you can stroll into Bergdorf Goodman and get your hair braided in either a french, fishtail, or side braid at John Barrett‘s professional “Braid Bar”. What, no cornrows? (The Frisky)

StyleCaster claims Fall 2011 ad campaigns defy ageism and racism. However, they could only find three such campaigns reflecting this. (StyleCaster)

12 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Kanye, Esperanza, and More Featured in W Magazine, Naomi Campbell to Design Jeans, and Christian Louboutin is A Work of Art”

1. Now those CL’s booties are smoking hot!!!

2. court says:

Love you Kanye! M.I.A looks super cute too!!!

3. zimbabwechic says:

For nothing I can stay home and braid my hair myself. I refuse to pay $30 for a simple french braid or $150 and up for single braids.

4. LawyerChic says:

MIA looks adorable. I’m still undecided about CL. After those comments he had about comfort I was a little turned off.
    Did I miss something about braiding hair?????

5. zy says:

funny how Janelle is posing with Lagerfeld, knowing how much he “loves” us brown folk. *smdh*

6. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

Okay, so I need that picture ASAP! Loves it CL, I don’t care what you said about comfort! Pain is beauty baby! And why oh why haven’t Kanye and M.I.A. done a track together for me yet? Do I need to join Make-a-Wish?!

7. Bien Abye says:

Love the W images, MIA looks great and Estelle’s fashion is always on point.
    Charell S. for Bien Abye by Dayanne Danier

8. I missed it the joke of Karl and black folks, what happened and how credible are the facts?

9. lola_uk says:

awww, look at Kanye. He looks so happy to be in the presence of those white girls…

10. Brit says:

I LOVE M.I.A.! She needs to put out some more hotness

11. love says:

lol @ “ky”. I was thinkin that same exact thing! smh

12. [...] this link: The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Kanye, Esperanza, and More … Related Posts:The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Liya Kebede is The New Face of L …The Fashion [...]