June 16th, 2011
Celebrity Style, Week in Chic
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Happy Thursday Bombers and Bombshells! Time for a quick recap of some of the hottest looks of this week so far.
Celebs hit up a ton of red carpet events this week, from the Keep a Child Alive Black Ball in London, to the AmfAR Inspiration Gala in New York, while some still managed to look effortlessly fly even on the jet set.

Let’s see who rocked it shall we?

Alicia Keys looked exquisite in her strapless black feathered gown with gold studded belt at the annual charity event, along with her perfect accessory, hubby Swizz Beatz, in his black tux.  Red carpet divas Chanel Iman and Jennifer Hudson bedazzled in their smoking hot Michael Kors dresses at the AmfAR Inspiration Gala. J’adore Chanel’s red gown with the saucy thigh-high slit, and J-Hud’s long-sleeved fitted white dress. Estelle brought out the fireworks with her blue dress with muted beige tones, along with her eclectic earrings. Let’s give it up for Amare Stoudemire, who hit the court looking quite dapper in his blue suit. And even on a casual day the Obamas stay fly. Loving Michelle Obama’s floral print Gap dress!

Who worked it for you?

31 Responses to “This Week in Chic: The Keep a Child Alive Black Ball in London, Melanie Fiona, Estelle, and more!”

1. BOOBOO says:

Its alot of H.A.M up top so ill focus on the winners

Jlo and Estelle killed it!

2. Leigh says:

Alicia and J.LO= HOT
    Chanel is smoking too
    I like Michelle O’s Tote
    I thought Kim K was Snooki. HAHAHAHHAHA my bad. It’s only when I then looked at Kris Humphries that I realised that it was Kim K.

3. SAMMY SOSA says:

Sometimes less is more. W/that being said, Estelle and Alicia=gorgy and JLo=fierce. Jada looks like an adolescent girl #nobueno

4. Courtney says:

Alicia Keys and Jennifer Lopez totally rocked it!!!

5. Cee Lo says:

Naomie Harris – second pic rocked it!! Claire can pleaseee get details on her outfit! I just love it. Where can I get something like that?

The noisettes front lady, Omare and Kelis also get my vote

6. K* says:

Amare Stoudemire <3 the classic look… simple and stunning!

7. llehsal says:

AKeys and Jlo!!!

8. Brit says:

Love Alicia’s look but everytime I see her, I think about that poor Mashonda girl. Smh

9. Miss Moon says:

Is Kim K really that short and her man REALLY that tall.. or was that the way the photo was taken? That just distracted me from all that fashion! LOL

10. Lola AM says:

I love JLo, Estelle, and Kelis’ looks.

11. Dobe says:

Swizz looks CLEEEAN! I can’t deal with JLo’s white shoes, but I dig the dress and shades. I love that hat that Kelis wears, it looks so good on her! And Estelle is WORKIN’ it and she knows it! That bangle is too hardcore :)

12. Nunyabizniz says:

Winners: Estelle, Kelis and J hud. I truly dig Kelis style, mine is very similar, she does have some misses though (who doesn’t?)
    Kim K and her fiance look a HAM.com, height wise, there should be some restrictions in that department when chosing your mate… just saying.

13. Nunyabizniz says:

@Miss Moon, Kim K is about 5ft 2, she is wearing flats too. Her baller is probably somewhere ↑ 6ft 5, so yeah… huge difference. She looking like a little Pygmee next to him. I still love her though :)

14. Kitana says:

I LOOOOVE JLO’S DRESS! Its so refreshing To see a body con “to- the knee” dress.

Anything above is just trashy, party girlesque i.e. Herve Leger…. Need to know the designer Claire.

Is JLo wearing white shoes? I’m still very afraid of whites shoes…..

15. zy says:

It’s actually nice to see Kim K. dressed down for once. I could have done without the Uggs but she’ll get a pass this time, lol.

The Noisettes front lady= GORGEOUS BEYOND BELIEF. her skin is like silk!

Alicia and Swizz look very swanky.

J.Lo’s dress is gorg. her shoes however…

A’mare is WORKING that suit. good lawd!

I liked Estelle’s dress but I hate the jacket over it. I think it kind of overshadows the look.

Missy in the 2nd pic is giving me fever in those shorts, I need them in my life.

16. The Fashion Bomb Staff says:

Kitana, J.Lo’s dress is from Herve Leger Fall 2011 RTW Collection. It’s called the “Ring Bandage Dress.” –The Fashion Bomb Staff

17. sun.kissed says:

J.Lo and Amare take it for me. I like what Jada was going for, but something isn’t right about the outfit and the shoes are too clunky. Kelis looks cute.

18. Bonifant says:

Naomie Harris? she looks great in those shorts… very daring they seem a little sheer?

19. wallflower says:

The second pic (lace shorts, sheer top) is by far my fav!

20. Kitana says:

@The Fashion Bomb Staff

THANKS!

21. MISU MOI says:

All the U.K-er’s get my vote lol
    Naomies, Shanghai and Estelle look amazing, fresh and fashion forward.
    J.lo’s dress reminds me of something Kim K. would wear, and I hate how Kim dresses lol
    I also like Kelis’ outfit, is she wearing a top hat?

22. lostluv224 says:

the girl in the lace shorts is fierce with it.

23. Godiva says:

Love Estelle’s outfit…u know how Estelle sometimes looks “off”…think i have the solution…i really think she should try a longer look…not 20 inches of weave…but maybe 10. think it would maybe do her some justice…and add some color…*shrugs*

24. Dom says:

Dont know who that is in the lace shorts and organza top but THAT is the look of the week. Good to see people stepped it up from last weekend. Everyone except Kim who looks womp womp.

25. lipz says:

Estelle won this!

26. Jule$ says:

Loving Melanie Fionas look! I have a similar dress.

27. Sharde Monet says:

Kelis’s outfit is #badazz!!

28. drgoddess says:

I love Estelle’s dress…wish it was without that jacket. J.lo, Chanel Iman and Jennifer Hudson’s dresses are HAWT! Jennifer Hudson always looks like she is wearing too much foundation. :/

29. Shingai Shoniwa from the noisettes is giving me EVERYTHING I need for life with this look, HUNNY color me inspired! My next two faves are Estelle and Kelis in that order! LOVE!

30. [...] “Spill the beans. Cost? Where can I find it or something similar?” As we mentioned in This Week in Chic, Jennifer Hudson rocked with a $1400 dress by Michael Kors for the annual event. The dress [...]

31. Amee says:

I have already been teaching a class and now we are considering this kind of subject over the following
    few days. I will be directing my student to consider your posting for good information I have already been
    that means to write something similar to this particular in
    my website and you’ve got offered me a thought.