June 6th, 2011
Awards, Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm
Weekend Hot! or Hmm…: The 2011 MTV Movie Awards, Iman, Jennifer Lopez and more!

Hey Bombers and Bombshells!
Hope you all had an amazing weekend as mine was filled with studying and sneezing, but now that the flu has abated, I am ready to go!  A few celebs were spotted out and about this weekend: some painting the town red by clubbing and attending events, while others showed face at the 2011 MTV Movie Awards.  But were their ensembles noteworthy?  Or were they just sights for sore eyes?  You be the judge.

First up is Keri Hilson, spotted in Londontown…

The songbird, who struck a very high note with me last week, hit a not so mellifluous chord with her look in London.  I got what she tried to do, but hmm… there was too much of something.  Her makeup was lovely, and I loved the turban.  It may have been the huge hoop earrings that made what could have been a chic look, “round-the-way.”  The striped top, leather paneled leggings and striped wedges were all cute.

Supermodel Iman posed gracefully on the carpet at the Gordon Park ‘s Foundation dinner…

Does Iman ever have an off day?  The stunning beauty wore a Prabal Gurung Spring 2011 turquoise blouse, which exposed her shoulders exquisitely, with a pair of turquoise Irene Neuwirth earrings and a belt, a yellow pencil skirt that stopped at her shins, and a pair of black peep toe sandals. I especially loved two things about the outfit: the length of the skirt (which is reflective of how classically modern Iman is) and the colors–they match the Bahamian flag!  Very hot, Iman!

Jennifer Lopez attended the UCLA Longevity Center’s 20th ICON Awards, where she presented an award to Jane Fonda

While we’re privy to seeing her in curve hugging, thigh skimming numbers as of late, her nude Georges Hobeika dress was the perfect deviation.  The geometric details about the shoulders balanced the sequin waistline and albeit, sweet nature of the dress.  Nude satin champagne colored platform ankle strap pumps completed this hot look!

Eva Mendes made her way to Spike TV’s Guys Choice Awards over the weekend…

The sultry movie star wore a lilac Roland Mouret gown that was fit so seamlessly to her sizzling figure.  The color looked spectacular against her fresh and slightly tanned complexion.  Though at first glance I wasn’t completely sold, Eva rarely does wrong, and this look is testament to that.  The sleeved did look a bit matronly to me, but she jazzed up the dress with a vintage YSL necklace and Tabitha Simmons heels.  Hot!

Cute couple Lala Vazquez and Carmelo Anthony were all smiles at the Fresh Air Fund event, where hubby Carmelo was honored…

Lala looked incredibly adorable in this purple, asymmetric dress with slight frills about the shoulder.  Gold ankle strap pumps and a side ponytail completed her sweet and sassy look.  Carmelo, who didn’t match colors with Lala, still complemented his wife in gray suit, brown and white gingham shirt and brown ombre shoes.  They rarely do wrong on a red carpet, and it was proven here.  Hot!

Gossip Girl star, Jessica Szohr posed on the red carpet at the 2011 MTV Movie Awards…

She is usually hit or miss for me, and this Alice + Olivia jumpsuit said why.  Hmm.. I would have loved this if it were all just one color.  Or if she opted for a print, maybe a length above the knee perhaps.  But her complexion and hair does the outfit no justice.

Lil Mama was in the building as well, serving face and blonde hair…

Another one who normally doesn’t make me swoon when I see her to a red carpet event, Lil Mama shocked me in this Sherri Hill dress.  The dazzle and length were the perfect choice for this award show.  And peep the boots.  Hot!

And last, but not least, is Nicki Minaj, who was snapped in the press room of the awards show…

Nicki hits the right chord with me in this ensemble as she found a balance with her over the top style and in-your-face demeanor.  She wore a black S&M inspired waistcoat, black bra, khaki trousers and embellished wedges. Some may have deemed this a tame look for her, which I would agree with, but her personality isn’t lost with this outfit.  Hair and makeup…hot!

What say you, bomb readers?

~Vuitton

19 Responses to “Weekend Hot! or Hmm…: The 2011 MTV Movie Awards, Iman, Jennifer Lopez and more!”

1. stef says:

i love Eva Mendes but she looks a bit small :-(. hopefully it’s the garment. has a bit of an ill fit but I agree the color is great!

2. tasha says:

Loving Eva’s classic look. Very chic. Keri shoe’s are amazing. Cant think of the designer name. Lil Mama’s dress is cute. Im need her to find a lane in stay in it though. Nicki’s look is less Nicki lol loving her shoes

3. Dom says:

Eh. None of them are doing it big to me.

4. hehe says:

Love Jenifer Lopez outfit! Eva Mendes does look a little smaller than usual but I like the look. Hate! the exposed bra the Nicki has on.

5. Shaq Nichole says:

All are blah except Eva. She looks gorgeous and I’m loving that color dress!!

6. Brit says:

Those shoes Carmelo has on do not compliment his outfit.

7. T1K says:

Loving Nicki’s wedges! all the rest are hmmm to me.

8. fashionforward says:

Lil mama ALWAYS LOOK LIKE Bow Wow in Drag ewww

9. Roni says:

Eva, Lala and J-Lo looked FABUOUS!!!

10. BOOBOO says:

@fashionforward
    bahaaahaaa!!! She do..po thang..She do

Now that i see Nicki’s whole fit, she seems underdressed for a awards show. Her makeup n hair is so adorable thou. Her busting out is jus gross..
    Jessica is adorable but not in this pic. This is all wrong!
    I see LaLa took a break frm the platforms. Bout MF time
    Eva is only n her 30′s but she dresses lik a 50y/o. I don’t get it
    Jlo looks lik a latino Dorthey frm Wiz of Oz.

11. BOOBOO says:

Oh and Keri and Iman look ridic. Iman normally always gets it right.

12. llehsal says:

LMAO @fashionforward…but umm…did I miss something? Were Nikki’s boobs always that size? O_o ….I’m not too into that Jlo outfit….coupled with the hair and makeup it looks rather President/Prince wife-ish.

13. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

Up close, Nicki’s makeup is nightmarish. Whomever she uses to do her makeup has never heard of the word “blend”. Keri is cute from head to toe, Iman is FABULOUS DAHLIN’, Lil Mama=no comment, but she has a cute shape, and does Jessica Szhor not believe in getting her hair done? Her hair is never done!

14. Fashionbum82 says:

Blah for everybody Jlo looks like a Stepford Wife!

15. Gemini says:

LaLa & Eva are the BEST here.

Lil Mama & Jessica Szhor sorry but what were they thinking??

16. missTIAUNDRA says:

#Keri should have did a red pump to make those red lips POP!
    #La La always looks uncomfortable in her clothes and Carmelo always looks silly!
    #Lil Mama…*sigh*
    #Nicki…really? To an awards show???

17. MP says:

Lil Mama’s look is hot. La Lopez looks nice, but the looks not quite hot. Everyone else gets a hmmm from moi.

18. Mona L says:

I think Nicky looks awful!

19. lola says:

I try to be as positive as can be when commenting but Jessica Szhor is a hot @$$ mess!!!

if I were a brand I would never lend Jessica Szhor (or Kristen Stewart) anything ever bc they always find a way to make the most beautiful clothing look like rags!

this look can easily go from booooooo to bomb-wothy with a few quick and easy fixes – blotting papers for the shiny forehead; a top-knot i/o that “hasnt-been-washed-in-years” non-hair-do; chunky gold necklace or belt and a smile.

I also need here to run to the nearest yoga/pilates studio immediately bc her posture is for the birds!!!